The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday April 12th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

6 hours ago, bennybear said:

Yum, I saw a TikTok thing where they’re making toad in a hole with pesto.   Truly hoping your mammogram results are normal, life can really turn on a dime.  

I'm kind of lost on the toad in a hole.  Is that a food?    The mammogram results came back as boringly normal.  

6 hours ago, 0106 said:

Some may find the flavor of pesto intense, imo, if it’s made with too much garlic or store bought.  I love pesto made with fresh basil but the sun dried tomato sounds delish too.

Too much garlic?   Is that even possible?

@kochleffel I've been meaning to thank you for all of your explanations of Passover and the rituals involving food. I find that fascinating.  I also appreciate the humor you employ in your descriptions.  Putting the dishes away could get fun, but expensive after a while!

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, dfish said:

I'm kind of lost on the toad in a hole.  Is that a food?    The mammogram results came back as boringly normal.  

Great news on the mammogram.

There's English Toad in the Hole   https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/classic_english_toad_in_the_hole/

Overhead view of toad in the hole in a baking dish with a blue striped linen underneath.

And there's American Toad in the Hole  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/toad-in-the-hole/

Toad in the Hole

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dfish said:

Too much garlic?   Is that even possible?

@kochleffel I've been meaning to thank you for all of your explanations of Passover and the rituals involving food. I find that fascinating.  I also appreciate the humor you employ in your descriptions.  Putting the dishes away could get fun, but expensive after a while!

Yay on the mammogram,  boring and normal are good,   Don’t like to ever tempt fate!  

Toad in the hole is an egg Cooked inside a slice of bread that has had a hole cut out of it,  guess the new thing is to put pesto in the frying pan, than the slice of holey bread, and fry an egg in the hole!  Not sure if a mom or grandma somewhere invented this to get kids to eat eggs. 

• Like 8

DH ended up better than I did, he got Atlanta Ballet and WD concert hall.  He has basically a week off before he begins, I get no time off and took a mighty pay cut with the campaigns that I went with, but Boss 2  wants me back for Center Theatre Group in November, and Hollywood Bowl in January.. I just float until then.  Boss 3 told me a couple of days ago that I can choose my own bosses because of the amount of hours I do.  Seems I have done that over the last year, and I left one I couldn't stand, micro manager, and the three I have love me, and want me back on all their campaigns.  Having a good boss makes up for the lack of good patrons.😸 

Enough about work, lets talk food.  I hate arugula.  Hate it.  Tastes like a sweaty basketball to me. ( I have not eaten a sweaty basketball, but that's what it reminds me of) If it's in a salad,  I uck when I eat it.  Basil pesto for me.  @dfish, be glad something is just normal.

@Crazy For Cats

from all my furbabies  and DH and me to River

400125704eb91b3ed245f493483ae0b4.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Great news on the mammogram.

There's English Toad in the Hole   https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/classic_english_toad_in_the_hole/

Overhead view of toad in the hole in a baking dish with a blue striped linen underneath.

And there's American Toad in the Hole  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/toad-in-the-hole/

Toad in the Hole

Thank you, Vanessa!  I have heard of that as egg in a hole or egg in a basket.  I think I'd like to try the English version.  

45 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Yay on the mammogram,  boring and normal are good,   Don’t like to ever tempt fate!  

Toad in the hole is an egg Cooked inside a slice of bread that has had a hole cut out of it,  guess the new thing is to put pesto in the frying pan, than the slice of holey bread, and fry an egg in the hole!  Not sure if a mom or grandma somewhere invented this to get kids to eat eggs. 

When it comes to health, you want to be as boring as possible.  For years I was and then my sodium went low.  I told my doctor that I was providing her with variety since most of her day was telling patients to eat less, move more, and lay off the salt.  She said thank you for thinking of me.  

The pesto in the frying pan sounds good to me.  Maybe I am a kid at heart?  

45 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@dfish, be glad something is just normal.

I think that is the first thing that has come back as normal.  And, yes, I am very happy.

• Like 9

A very late good evening.  I intended to be back here earlier but things kept getting in the way.  

The yard looks better since has been mowed and trimmed.  Before I could do that, I spent about an hour and a half pulling weeds.  I got a lot pulled, but its impossible to get all the weeds.  By the time I finished everything, I'd been working outside for 5 1/2 hours.  I'll probably be sore tomorrow, but itnwas nice being out in the sun with a nice breeze to keep me from getting too hot.

@bennybear Brenda, you remembered correctly.  The Bay of Biscay is notorious for being very rough, which we've experienced first hand on more than one occasion.  However, most of the times we've sailed across the bay, it's been calm.  Great picture of the hawk.

@lazey1  Jane, I'm sorry about the flare up, but glad the new medicine seems to be helping.

@dfish  Debbie, great news about the boring, norinal results on the mammogram.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates arugula.  It's just too bitter.  That is good news that your DH landed two good campaigns.  I hope you get more hours if that's what you want.

Lenda 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lazey1 said:

I had a flare up of the colitis but Dr. prescribed a new medication for me and it seems to be helping; feeling better today.

A big wind is nothing but trouble in numerous ways; I don't want to be anywhere near a big wind. I love grilled cheese sandwiches, sometimes to be different I will put a couple slices of dill pickle inside. Having worked in insurance claims for almost 40 years I really appreciate lawyers and have always been kind to them. In all that time I only dealt with 1 lawyer that was not courteous.  No thanks on the meal (pesto ugh), the drink and the wine.

@Sharon in AZI got my new cabin assignment yesterday, I will be just a couple of cabins back from the previous assignment but will not have to change cabins. I am hoping that you will be able to introduce me to @AV8rix and @Dismomx5.

Prayers for all who need them and cheers for all who are celebrating.

Jane

Jane, I’m glad you are feeling better. It sounds like your new cabin might be even better since you’ll be further away from the elevator and the high traffic area of that outside doorway. I’ll definitely introduce you to Susan @AV8rix and @Dismomx5 .

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bennybear said:

Not sure if a mom or grandma somewhere invented this to get kids to eat eggs. 

In some cultures, putting eggs inside other foods is an established custom. My father thought that a line of hard-boiled eggs down the center of a meatloaf was a delicacy. My mother disagreed, mostly on the basis of the appearance. For myself, I think that the combination doesn't even taste good. A friend who studied in Hungary told me that, there, eggs can be a substitute for sausage as a stuffing in something else.

• Like 7