The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday April 12th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Big Wind Day, Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, and International Be Kind to Lawyers Day

Let's have some new cliches. - Samuel Goldwyn

Meal Suggestion for today - Arugula Pesto Chicken
Drink of the Day - Mai Time
Wine of the Day - Felton Road Pinot Noir Central Otago Block 3 2021
Destination of the Day - Alter Do Chao, Brazil

Eurodam

Cartagena Colombia 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, Canada eta 4-13

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea destination Oranjestad, Aruba eta 4-13 

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores Portugal eta 4-15

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Praia da Vitoria, Terceira Island, Azores Portugal eta 4-17

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Plymouth, England eta 4-16 

Volendam

San Juan, Puerto Rico 08:00 - 23:00 ? 

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Panama Canal eta 4-13

Zuiderdam

La Coruna, Spain Galicia 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Lautoka, Fiji eta 4-14

Westerdam

Kochi, Japan 10:00 - 17:00

image.thumb.png.f2b7865931d2349a507491fed578362f.png

image.thumb.png.f9217db5341a97edba70cb24ed57b381.png

Koningsdam must have left Portland (blue pin at bottom) during the night.  Position at 1:43 am Portland, OR time.image.thumb.png.bd618dd523d15955c16e44f8cb1c95a1.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 20
  • Thanks 12

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info SLC !

Where to begin. Be Kind to Lawyers Day? Only a lawyer could come up with this day! Got a joke. You maybe a Redneck if a lawyer ask you if you have a case and you reply, “No I have a John Deere”.  (for those who don’t know Case is a company that makes farm tractors).

Love grill cheese sandwiches but if I hit too many it may be a big wind day ! 😀

• Like 11
  • Haha 15

Good morning friends!  It has been a cold morning every day since about last Friday and I'm ready for warmer nighttime temps.  It's 42F but we will be 76 and sunny at the peak of the day.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for collecting the data for our Fleet Report and Daily for us.  A few ships have been changed around so that keeps us on our toes.  I see Koningsdam left the shipyard in Vigor during the night and is on its way to Vancouver already!  What an interesting journey that must be.🚢

Today is Big Wind Day so take that any way you want!  I hope our Florida residents being assaulted by high winds yesterday are having a calmer day though.  I love grilled cheese sandwiches!  And someone thought we needed International Be Kind to Lawyers Day so let's try to be nice.  Actually I know two lawyers in my family and they are both very nice.  Today's quote is cute.  How about some arugula pesto chicken recipes?  We shall see what comes of that when Debbie @dfish posts.  The drink has a good ring to it but I would probably pass.  And today we have a pinot noir for the red wine drinkers.  Thank you Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today on those two alcoholic beverages.  🍷 🍹

I'm sure Vaness @JazzyV spent lots of time preparing the Care and Celebration lists for us.  I hope she put herself on there with her worrying knee problem a week before she leaves for her cruise!  Prayers for her and everyone needing prayers.There are a lot of people in this world in need of prayers and support unfortunately.  🙏  For those on the Celebration list we send our good wishes and bon voyages.  Quite a few Dailyites are still on or are going on cruises so that cuts down on the number of posters here, but we wouldn't want it any other way!  Enjoy everyone!  Sending a shout out to our friend Joy @Seasick Sailor to join us today because I don't recall her posting yesterday.  I know I have a bad memory so I could be wrong but still we enjoy your posts, Joy!

Our port of the Day is Alter do Chao, Brazil which has been our port twice before on April 18, 2021 and June 24, 2022.  At those times I hadn't been there yet but as of November 29, 2022 I have so that means I'll need time to collect a couple photos after this post.  I will post the links to the former dates below for everyone else to retrieve photos. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and please stay safe.🤞

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Today in history:

1961 Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin becomes the first person to orbit Earth (Vostok 1)

Zuiderdam will be staying in A Coruña, Spain until 11:00pm this evening. The weather does not permit our transit to Brest, France so we will leave late tonight and proceed to Waymouth, England and overnight there.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for taking the time and effort to host today's fleet reports and Daily thread.

Like most businesses these days if Lawyers do a good job for you it is nice to post reviews on various sites to help them and people looking for a Lawyer with good references.

We call grilled cheese

Cheese toasties in the UK.

New cliches are heard regularly so approving today's quote.

Any meal with chicken is good for me.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list to get better soon.

Happy cruising celebrations for all who are cruising or soon to cruise.

Take care and have a nice day.

Graham 

Screenshot_20230412_101823.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Today in history:

1961 Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin becomes the first person to orbit Earth (Vostok 1)

Zuiderdam will be staying in A Coruña, Spain until 11:00pm this evening. The weather does not permit our transit to Brest, France so we will leave late tonight and proceed to Waymouth, England and overnight there.

It is windy here in England especially on the south coast including Weymouth for at least the next 12 hours Rich so hopefully your late departure from the lovely Corunna will mean you avoid the bad weather.

Graham.

• Like 18

Thank you for that information Rich @richwmn.  As usual first hand experiences from those on the ships is best.  Sorry you won't get to stop in Brest, France.  That is a port I would like to see since it has never come up on our itineraries.  And I remember that cosmonaut's name, so that makes me officially OLD.

Looking back on Nov. 29, 2022 I found that the day began with rain so we waited a good while after breakfast on the Volendam to head by tender to shore in Alter do Chao.  The tenders were so crowded and it was very slow to dock.  Also the dock was about a 2 foot step up for everyone so you can imagine that caused many problems.  A view from the tender.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIUv-AQWlsr2apwEkkp6UNlVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530662

It didn't look bad but we had no idea what to expect.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpFD2fXdilUxL0iniFwwCTrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530663

Here is that dock problem.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYL_Ohly8d8SyHfYqkDcqiUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530666

The next problem for people was this sand beach you had to cross to get to a hard surface.  Really hard on those with mobility problems.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIkpqUwIJKcPXbVOH7MlUSbV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531620

Here's the scene.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIae1dGKFNEdx8_NuV8rGrRVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530666

Always an opportunity to shop00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4oq8ysoyJAMtWspUi6tiBaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531623

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLplC6_issYpbOV_dTlXbyfrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531624

Keeping something out with the fencing00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8-fh3N7dqdc5LHynDj5tarnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531629

More fenced property.  Maybe they didn't want their mangoes stolen.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqz3hkJ-1icKsGDiWGb9ulVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531634

Get your workouts done here!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIkuo-ik9sY3ovfetbxNaaTrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531640

A stroll down the main drag00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJU2Vm7h5BbsPTj8fn-dcTRV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530671

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKMTmFSqRIr7Wb2I6qeTVIaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531654

A church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJsiX-OR8Jjm6KBheRnL2JoUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530677

Being visited by a religious dog00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJxwn1ybqmIccvDUqP73PBUldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530679

Typical boats seen in Brazil.  They look unstable to me.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgAokPsuC0vUXq7mWLkvIsrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530682

By now dripping wet, we headed back to the Volendam by tender.  Showers were required before lunchtime which I'm sure everyone appreciated.  According to my notes, we found Dixie @summer slope and George waiting for us in the Ocean Bar before dinner which was a nice surprise.  After dinner DH went back to Ocean Bar to listen to music and visit with a ballroom dancing couple from Wisconsin, while I went to Niki Ataman's show and listened to his beautiful piano playing.  Niki is a friend of Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIHPlITL-wBUT2RLRhEmTLxKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530687

And that is how it's done in Alter do Chao while cruising the Amazon River on the Volendam!🙂

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion as I’m not a pesto fan.  We will have chicken thighs with rice and beans.  Yesterday was beautiful with temperatures in the 70’s and tomorrow and Friday should be in the 80’s. Much to DH’s disappointment I replaced the flannel sheets with regular sheets.

Over the weekend I saw a groundhog in our yard and he scurried under the extension on the house.  We contracted a service to remove him. Over two nights three possums were captured.  I also having another service come out for an estimate on sealing the extension this morning.  
I hope everyone has a good day today.

Another birthday celebration this month. River turns 8.

image.thumb.png.0c673f67d2008b725f45e31a08632b61.png

• Like 31
  • Haha 1

Today’s Care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

Tupper10 recovering from back surgery, improving

Cruising-along and DH recovering from Covid

Cruzn single’s DSS’s kidney surgery on 4/11

JazzyV with knee issues

Luvteaching’s DH in the hospital

Nashville school shooting victims/KY bank shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds

Marshhawk’s leg/feet cramps

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Status of St. Louis Sal (6/29/22), JAM37 (6/20/22), IrishJim (10/31//22)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Celebrations of Passover and Ramadan

Welcome to the Daily Judypops

Thanks for stopping by Atexsix (Bruno)

Cruising-along and DH feeling better

Luvteaching’s DH showing slow improvement

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

3 Days for Sharon in AZ (Volendam 4/15 to 5/17)

3 Days for AV8rix (Volendam 4/15 to 5/6)

3 Days for TiogaCruiser (Volendam 4/15 to 5/2)

3 Days for Dismomx5 (Volendam 4/15 to 5/6)

4 Days for GTVCRUISER (NCL Jewel 4/16 to 4/23)

Cruzn Single (Rotterdam to 4/19), Vict0riann (Rotterdam to 4/19), aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam to 4/28) Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 23
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another nice day in the forecast for us today.  The projected high for this afternoon is 20°C (68°F), our normal high for this time of year is 10°C (50°F).  I worked in the garden yesterday trimming some shrubs and raking oak leaves that didn't get picked up in the fall, my back is achy.  I still have more to do today.

I like grilled cheese sandwiches and lawyers are important.  Not sure I can salute big wind day, there has been a lot of damage because of big wind.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe. 

I hope the drink and wine are tasty too.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Prayers for many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful Hump Day.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, happy hump day!  Thanks for our daily report @StLouisCruisers.  Interesting collection of days.  I’m sure that all of the lawyers in our building will be happy!  The quote isn’t speaking to me this morning.  The meal suggestion is though, sounds tasty.   I haven’t been to today’s port but I am enjoying the photos.  Prayers for all on our prayer list including those that were highlighted as MIA yesterday.  I was surprised by how many.  Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events today!🥂

• Like 22

Mai Time cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® Black Strap Rum
1 part DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur
1 part Orange Juice
1 part Pineapple Juice
1 splash Grenadine

Instructions
Pour DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur into glass. Fill with orange and pineapple juices.  Float grenadine over juice. Shake or stir. Float Cruzan® Black Strap Rum on top.

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 7.05.02 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 11

We have just docked in Cartagena, Columbia on a rather humid and foggy morning. Never have been here and I guess I was surprised by the many skyscrapers as seen from our working dock area.

We enjoyed a lovely dinner in Tamarind last night. It never gets old. Our pre dinner libations have been in the Pinnacle Bar and it has been hopping.

I need to get ready for our early excursion. This will be a short visit as we leave at 1:00 PM.

Thanks for the Report and featured post.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.9e5344b6042dcb61dfc8568fa5079a86.jpegimage.jpeg.1ce10c58e5f4fa50ce89461df15a0f5a.jpegimage.jpeg.246600aea10bb5fc971c6551522170e5.jpegimage.jpeg.627bdceccd5dfeaaf30568725e29507f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.47486eb475b8d21e9b6f8a2d23482e92.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.28225a95fb41da2872b11ca3719d420a.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 11

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Sandi.

Well, I’m not much fun today - I’ll pass on big wind day - especially with people suffering right now and while I have some friends who happen to be lawyers, they are the exception and I have to ask - why is there a day for them?  That leaves me with the grilled cheese which can be good comfort food on occasion 😉 

Not sure I agree with the quote - more cliches?

The rain held off yesterday and it was a lovely sunny day.  Up to 10 C 🙂. I had to laugh driving and observing people at the hairdressers as I observed people and how they were addressed.  Some with shorts on.  Others with a heavy coat and hat (WTH?).  Me?  I was in a light sweater (no coat) and my Birkenstocks.  I told an elderly couple at the hairdressers who were dressed quite warmly I had declared it was spring.  And what am I doing calling someone elderly I ask myself.  I’m no spring chicken 🙂

C6B66113-0F40-4115-93BE-4B27C5E2F526.thumb.jpeg.933c3c228d70dbafd89aebbc52c04271.jpeg

The wine is red so as good as it may be, I have to pass.

2F738DD9-1A77-454F-AF15-2B8383AC778F.jpeg.48cd5b134263216369b482d3c78ad6e7.jpeg

So Garden Club, finally most of the begonias are in.  Some are slower than others (thank heavens) so the ones left unplanted will go in the planters I can’t bring in the house.

CF060C78-DA94-4034-AA60-8E0361BBACA1.thumb.jpeg.b3de85c7c930fd1748caddfbf5d83c94.jpeg

A Coruna is a great spot Rich @richwmn- beats Brest (unless you are going to Quimper).  Hope you can get to Santiago de Compostela 🤞 

Thanks as always to @StLouisCruisers @cat shepard @dfish @summer slope @JazzyV for their contributions to make the Daily what it is.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout out list.

D04713EC-15DE-4960-ADC6-C7EB6F07885D.thumb.jpeg.3a454b4dfb3e57f4bbf1349f7b814367.jpeg

Have a great Wednesday everyone !!!!

• Like 24
  • Haha 12

Thank you Sandi & Rich for today’s R & D! My neck of the woods has been practicing Big Wind Day all week. Obviously shooting for perfection.

Thank you for capturing & sharing our happenings, Vanessa! Praying that your knee issue resolves itself quickly and painlessly. 

I am heading out for a much needed mani - pedi. My toes look great. My fingers look as if I have breaking rocks apart with my bare hands. Not the look I am going for. Then Bindi walks, branch & plant patrol, chores and my HIIT class. 

7C299338-9433-4766-B0AC-B2290B5DDFC2.jpeg.b16ad062724a5922094f4dd7368b95dd.jpeg

695D0289-ED5D-4185-801A-B52591C46708.jpeg.9239895fd7ed69a3dcc42024e009829f.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Felton Road Pinot Noir Central Otago Block 3 2021

Another somewhat elusive New Zealand wine. This Pinot Noir sounds wonderful, but even if I could find someone to ship to me - it is out of my price range. There are some online distributors, not sure if they ship to me. Prices start at $90.92 + shipping.

Cameron Douglas’ notes

Complex, specific, mineral then fruit centric, the sense of place suggests a stony almost silty mineral quality, ripe red berry fruits with a very soft savoury quality, then nut and baking spice layers from barrel with a whisp of smoke. Taut, ripe, youthful and equally complex o the palate, firm tannins and acidity frame the wine and set the foundation for fruit. There’s also power and intensity with electricity in the mouthfeel. Long, complex, dry and distinctive. A wine for your cellar that would like you to let it develop and mature slowly. Best drinking likely from 2026 through 2036+.

97 Points

Outstanding

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

Thank you Sandi, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

I received my first Shingrix vaccine on Monday with little pain from the needle. But yesterday had some of the side effects including shivering and tiredness. Hopefully today I am over all that.

We need to contact our PCC after he returns from vacation next week. We have a HAL cruise that we cancelled find it's way back onto our account. Strange?

We hosted Easter dinner Sunday. I just love this photo of Lily with my gentle giant. Sam!

A6503559.thumb.JPG.3f2632d30380ee8a19651e43fbe02ee6.JPG

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Sandi, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

I received my first Shingrix vaccine on Monday with little pain from the needle. But yesterday had some of the side effects including shivering and tiredness. Hopefully today I am over all that.

We need to contact our PCC after he returns from vacation next week. We have a HAL cruise that we cancelled find it's way back onto our account. Strange?

We hosted Easter dinner Sunday. I just love this photo of Lily with my gentle giant. Sam!

A6503559.thumb.JPG.3f2632d30380ee8a19651e43fbe02ee6.JPG

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Jack, this one should be framed! Just precious!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich,, Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann, and happy Hump Day.  We've had far more than our fair share of winds lately.  My niece is a lawyer.  I enjoy a good cheese sandwich but prefer a bit of ham added to the mix.  Great oxymoron  by Goldwyn..  Been to Altar Do Chao twice, both times on MS Prinsendam.  The meal is interesting.  My alternative is Chilled Blackberry Soup, Gourmet Greens, and Grilled Lamb Chops with Oregano and Apple Chutney as served on MS Amsterdam April ,12, 2014.

Roy

• Like 26

We would have a hard time being kind to lawyers. We were sued for supposed undisclosed defects to our house when sold.  Our take — buyers wanted to do major renovations to the home but wanted us to pay for it.  After 3 years the case was dismissed by the judge as having no evidence to support the lawsuit.  But . . . Cost us over $30,000.  I have  a problem with lawyers who take a contingency case, lose and then no consequence for lawyer or client.  That’s my rant for the day.

Prayers for all in need.  Should be lovely weather for the rest of the week.  Katherine 

• Like 27

Good morning, Dailyites,  thanks to all posting.  Hope JazzyV’s knee improves.  It’s scary having a problem close to a cruise.  I know!  I’m still wondering if we should have cancelled.  But there’s no turning back now.  

I think we are in for some of that weather that is altering Rich’s itinerary.  I don’t know how we’re going to avoid it, though.  We should hear more at noon in the Captain’s talk.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

God morning from a wonderfully warm Michigan.  It was 60 degrees according to our local news station and going up to 80 with big wind.   We have fire warnings through at least Saturday when we may get some rain.   A day of yard work here.   I am also going to try to get some exterior painting touch up, something attacks the wood around our door to the deck.  I don't know what it is either a woodpecker or squirrels.  Last night it was a small raccoon that was trying to eat my bird suet hanging off the pole trying to reach it.  I got tired of trying to scare him off so I just took my suet down and put it in the garage for the night.  Now I will have to remember to bring it in every night.  There is a Cardinal feeding on it right now. 

Thanks for the Daily reports!    Prayers to all on our care list and for the shooting victims and their families and the people of Ukraine.  Vanessa I hope you knee gets better soon before your cruise.   I will pass on all comestibles today.  Cocktail too sweet, wine too hard to find and pesto doesn't really do anything for me.   

Thanks Graham for your comment about grilled cheese sandwiches are cheese toasties and it brought me back to the happy exchange Queen Elizabeth had with Paddington for her Platinum Jubilee.  

The Queen has had a jam sandwich every day since she was five years old,  her former chef reveals | Daily Mail Online

@richwmn enjoy A Coruna.  It is a lovely walking city and I have happy memories hoofing around to find Picasso's childhood home.   No photos of Altar de Chao.   After being in the Amazon for a number of days our patience for the heat and another tender ride we took a pass and savored one of our waning days on the Volendam.   

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!  

It will be another warm, sunny day here in mid-Michigan.  I'm doing some much needed yard work.  The previous owners just threw stuff in the "wild zone" and left it to rot.  Or not rot.  So far I've filled up 5 yard bags with debris.  Some of it will have to go directly to the landfill or go out in large item pickup.  We cleaned out the area where they dumped their kitty litter.  What a mess!  

I have a mammogram scheduled for this afternoon.  I'll be glad when that is over.  I can give them the results:  Normal.  I like grilled cheese on occasion and my nephew is a lawyer.  We like to think he's one of the good guys.  

Today's meal sounds good to me!  This first one combines shredded rotisserie chicken with zoodles and the arugula pesto.  Quite different!  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/arugula-pesto-chicken/

arugulapestochicken1.jpg.8d6385bdb8b6f104f67bc91f7ba130dd.jpg

This one is from the Food Network.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/chicken-with-arugula-pesto-recipe-2120506

arugulapestochicken2.jpeg.18bac75b7d11f02a8f5b9ea3697672f2.jpeg

And then there is this recipe from Williams Sonoma.  https://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/grilled-chicken-arugula-pesto.html

arugulapestochicken3.jpg.c37681b0b0bd90ab867cbff0b6f91c74.jpg

I think they all look good, but I'm leaning towards #3.  How about you?

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 8