LIVE/ Celebrity Millennium 4/15-4/21

MeganGC1983

9 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

FLL is closed due to 30 inches of rain overnight.  Supposed to reopen at 5 am tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for your flights.

Oh no! Just checked, the same flight for today has been cancelled. Hope things can clear up soon and her flight tomorrow won’t be affected. She needs some drinks for that. 

• Like 4

Well as you all can assume, it’s been a fun morning. After I checked in, got the kids to school and saw FLL. 😬 I’m not chancing that. Sooo ch-ch-changes. No more DFW. OKC to ORD to San Juan. Flight leaves tomorrow at 2:30pm… we won’t get to San Juan until 11:50pm, but that’s better than getting canceled in the morning or getting stuck in FLL. 

• Like 16

14 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Work is crazy right now. I just called it with two early deadlines in the morning. I saw this and felt it true. Average people don’t understand how much I work on a ship or at the airport or wherever else. My kids’ friends and their parents just see me traveling more than normal. I have monthly and yearly goals… all instituted by myself. I have a ten year plan, to be doing what I do but from Bimini or St. Maarten after my kids graduate. I was a stay at home mom before Covid for 8 years. I say all this to gain clarity for those that sail and work. Last year it was more prevalent with better deals. I get guilted a lot with how much I travel. My flight attendant friend gets the same hassle. It is what it is… steps down and has a white claw. Good night y’all. Check in for flights is… early. 😉

770B8122-0F6B-4946-9D15-10AD30E55EAE.jpeg

image.jpg

You do you Megan. Your tribe loves you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After the robot said I wasn’t impacted, I was transferred to Vanessa. Vanessa kept asking me for the same information over and over again. Then, Nelly showed up. (Insert random STL, 90’s “rap” lyric here) Nelly processed my refund, and we are good to go. 

• Like 17
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

After the robot said I wasn’t impacted, I was transferred to Vanessa. Vanessa kept asking me for the same information over and over again. Then, Nelly showed up. (Insert random STL, 90’s “rap” lyric here) Nelly processed my refund, and we are good to go. 

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Just now, heffy2 said:

Woohooo!! I can't wait to follow along! You were so smart re-booking flights.

Thanks! I know with these things if you wait on the airlines it probably won’t work out. No one is motivated like I am to get myself on a ship. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Just now, DaKahuna said:

@MeganGC1983 I can't recall if you are a wine drinker or not but I am particularly interested in what wine, rums, and bourbons they have onboard.  So as you make the rounds on the ship please keep me in mind. 

Absolutely. 🤞🏻 If I make it to the ship. 😬

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@MeganGC1983 I can't recall if you are a wine drinker or not but I am particularly interested in what wine, rums, and bourbons they have onboard.  So as you make the rounds on the ship please keep me in mind. 

She’s an ALCOHOL drinker

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If you’ve followed along before, you know I always have several back up plans just in case. This FLL thing is throwing me for a loop. If there’s an issue in OKC getting to ORD, we will try to get to Denver. If there’s an issue at ORD, best options are to get to EWR or Philly for early morning nonstops to San Juan. I’m grasping at straws here. I’m hoping it’s all smooth sailing now… literally but I’m stressing. 

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Absolutely. 🤞🏻 If I make it to the ship. 😬

I have every expectation that you will board as scheduled.  I trust that re-booking of yours, especially since you did not indicate a stop in Atlanta between ORD and SJU.  If you are going through ATL on Delta, then all bets are off. 

BTW, Spirit is number one on my list of WILL NOT FLY airlines, followed by Frontier and American Airlines. 

• Like 5