New global legal terms and conditions

Did everyone receive this email? It says there are new covid policies but i couldn’t find them. I’d appreciate you share if you do. I only found it in shore excursions. Let us know if an eagle eye caught anything else pertinent.

26 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Did everyone receive this email? It says there are new covid policies but i couldn’t find them. I’d appreciate you share if you do. I only found it in shore excursions. Let us know if an eagle eye caught anything else pertinent.

It shows up in virtually every section from #3 through #13.

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk if this is it but at the end of this month you cant cancel for covid and get a refund.

The contract refers to the cancelation policy, which is "100% cruise fare refund for you and your Travelling Party, if any of you test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the cruise or at the terminal" and "Coverage of all costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, if you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise." https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

This ends April 30.

Edited by Pratique
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Just got the email and I agree, wish they had just told us the changes.

Having just finished reading the new U.S. version, it may have been easier for them to highlight what hasn't changed.😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Having just finished reading the new U.S. version, it may have been easier for them to highlight what hasn't changed.😱

I ran a comparison and its mostly what they say in the email regarding residency and forum selection. The Covid stuff refers to the cruise line's policy on the website. I can't find a policy for after the end of April, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place though.

As I'm reading this thread, I receive an email, supposedly from RCCL.  But, the email address is from .everbridge.net.  Is .everbridge.net part of RCCL or is it a paid subcontractor of RCCL?  I know that most of us on here can't answer this question.  But, it is what sparks my interest.  

It just doesn't look authentic:

image.thumb.png.7bf46451a2133f0c4b10ea5dfbaa28bc.png

3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I ran a comparison and its mostly what they say in the email regarding residency and forum selection. The Covid stuff refers to the cruise line's policy on the website. I can't find a policy for after the end of April, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place though.

The FAQ states it's until end of April, but if you click through to the actual policy linked, it seems to have been updated to the end of May: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

As I'm reading this thread, I receive an email, supposedly from RCCL.  But, the email address is from .everbridge.net.  Is .everbridge.net part of RCCL or is it a paid subcontractor of RCCL?  I know that most of us on here can't answer this question.  But, it is what sparks my interest.  

It just doesn't look authentic:

Yes, everbridge sends out RCCL notifications.

Search "everbridge" in your email and you will most likely have many related to RCCL.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, plosfas said:

The FAQ states it's until end of April, but if you click through to the actual policy linked, it seems to have been updated to the end of May: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

Ah, nothing like consistency of messaging... lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, plosfas said:

But this link said effective 4/8/23 not 4/12/23. 

The Cruise Ticket Contract or Booking Conditions applicable to your cruise purchase are now determined by your Primary Country of Residence.

….so what does that mean??🤷‍♀️

I read it as Brits who book via the USA will no longer be able to benefit from USA booking conditions such as price drops, moving gtys etc…..

I hope I’m wrong. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 3

Two issues right off the bat.

First, if it is a contract, how can they change it unilaterally for those who have already booked and agreed to the terms of the existing contract? 

Secondly, Royal needs to employ proof readers, particularly when it comes to publishing contracts. In the Canada-based contract, the legal section dealing with jurisdiction states that litigation will be:

IN AND BEFORE THE COURTS OF ENGLAND AND WALES, TO THE EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHER COURTS OR TRIBUNALS.

There are similar errors in other paragraphs in this section. It sounds like they did a cut and paste job and forgot to makes the necessary changes respecting location. As the whole purpose of the exercise is to customize each contract for specific countries, this is amazingly sloppy work. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

The Cruise Ticket Contract or Booking Conditions applicable to your cruise purchase are now determined by your Primary Country of Residence.

….so what does that mean??🤷‍♀️

I read it as Brits who book via the USA will no longer be able to benefit from USA booking conditions such as price drops, moving gtys etc…..

I hope I’m wrong. 

I think this is what the change is about. If you book from abroad your booking conditions are still the ones from your country of residency. Question is if you can still get and keep the better price from booking in the US?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I don't think its in their best interest to not refund people if they have covid. My concern is that more people will go on the cruise when they have covid as they don't want to lose the money.

But with the current state of covid, if they refund you for covid they'd have to refund you for a litany of other things, too. Definitely not in their best interest for that.

• Like 1

Section 4.c.  (re: Covid-19 Policies) says "(4) mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) of face coverings in most locations outside of the Passenger’s cabin while onboard, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions; (5) mandatory social distancing of Passengers at any/all times while on board and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions; (6) additional restrictions during shore excursions depending on local conditions, including but not limited to denial of disembarkation at destinations unless participating in only Carrier-approved shore excursions".  Is this a new update?  We have a cruise booked for April 30 (our 1 year anniversary) and OF COURSE they change this now!!! I'm sooo disappointed!

• Like 1