Travel Keurig

jennifereisme

Does anyone know if the mini travel Keurig's are allowed on board?

I am leaning towards a no but would be delighted to be told yes. 

I am a need coffee immediately upon waking so it would be great to bring for just my first cup. 

Edited by jennifereisme

5 minutes ago, skynight said:

Not permitted. See referenced FAQ. Coffee machines are covered around 27 bullet points down just under hookah.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/pre-cruise/prepare-for-your-cruise/?accordion=prohibited-items

I saw that thanks! It said with heating / hot plates so I wasn't sure. LOL It also says flat irons and I have never had them take that from me, go figure.

About 12 years ago they took my heating pad and my back was sad for it. Hehe

2 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Order your coffee for the time you wake up from room service and enjoy it .

Yeah I just don’t like to be woken up to coffee, I like coffee to wake up lol. Sometimes I get up at 4 am and sometimes allow myself to “sleep in” until 6 when on vacation. First world problems. I will manage lol. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jennifereisme said:

I saw that thanks! It said with heating / hot plates so I wasn't sure. LOL It also says flat irons and I have never had them take that from me, go figure.

About 12 years ago they took my heating pad and my back was sad for it. Hehe

Are you asking can I get away with having a coffee maker on board, or is a coffee maker allowed. It is fairly clear it isn't allowed. It's your call if you can get away with it.

A coffee maker produces hot water through a heating element. You may get the coffee maker on board, but don't be surprised if the cabin steward removes it from your cabin and returns it at the end of the cruise.

It has been reported that for sailings out of Southampton Princess includes hot pots in the cabin. They are most likely special hot pots with circuits that will reduce or eliminate the risk of fires.  

49 minutes ago, skynight said:

Are you asking can I get away with having a coffee maker on board, or is a coffee maker allowed. It is fairly clear it isn't allowed. It's your call if you can get away with it.

A coffee maker produces hot water through a heating element. You may get the coffee maker on board, but don't be surprised if the cabin steward removes it from your cabin and returns it at the end of the cruise.

It has been reported that for sailings out of Southampton Princess includes hot pots in the cabin. They are most likely special hot pots with circuits that will reduce or eliminate the risk of fires.  

I was asking if it is allowed and plan to adhere to the policy. Since they barely heat up anyway lol I wasn’t sure if they were considered in the same category as a heated element. I don’t sneak things on board and haven’t since I was 21 and couldn’t afford the pricy drinks. 😅

Edited by jennifereisme
Wrong number

Just now, jennifereisme said:

I was asking if it is allowed and plan to adhere to the policy. Since they barely heat up anyway lol I wasn’t sure if they were considered in the same category as a heated element. I don’t sneak things on board and haven’t since I was 18 and couldn’t afford the pricy drinks. 😅

And that was many moons ago 😊

I tried an experiment on my last cruise.  I took Via Instant coffee (Starbucks).  I've found the water on cruise ships to be exceptionally hot, so I made myself a cup of instant first thing in the morning.  It was fine as long as you didn't cool it down with milk, next time, I will take non fat milk powder.  It wasn't super hot, but it got me going in the morning until I could get room service delivered from between 6 and 6:30.  I also ended up liking the Via better than the room service coffee (it was stronger).

Edited by fabby50
typo
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, jennifereisme said:

Including hair tools? I’ve never had issues with my flat iron or curling iron before. 😬

It all depends on what they can see when your bag goes through X-ray. If something looks suspect the will keep it in security and call  you to come and open it. When I was called down about the steamer there was someone having an electric blanket confiscated

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

I tried an experiment on my last cruise.  I took Via Instant coffee (Starbucks).  I've found the water on cruise ships to be exceptionally hot, so I made myself a cup of instant first thing in the morning.  It was fine as long as you didn't cool it down with milk, next time, I will take non fat milk powder.  It wasn't super hot, but it got me going in the morning until I could get room service delivered from between 6 and 6:30.  I also ended up liking the Via better than the room service coffee (it was stronger).

Great tip. Thanks! I do have a ton of those too (our go to for camping) and they get the job done until the real stuff is done. 

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

It all depends on what they can see when your bag goes through X-ray. If something looks suspect the will keep it in security and call  you to come and open it. When I was called down about the steamer there was someone having an electric blanket confiscated

Yep. They took my heating pad once, now I bring the disposal ones and have never had an issue. Yet! LOL

25 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

We took Vias on our recent TA on the Enchanted. Our steward gave us a kettle and I either ordered milk from room service or picked up a glass of milk from the buffet the afternoon before. Frankly, it worked out better than waiting for room service coffee in the morning or getting dressed enough to venture down to the IC to get it. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brisalta said:

You can order breakfast and / or coffee to be delivered at a specific time in the morning.

I know. I just don't want to have to wake at a specific time LOL. I want to get up when I want to get up but need a cup immediately when I wake. I have issues but I will deal.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pompeii said:

We took Vias on our recent TA on the Enchanted. Our steward gave us a kettle and I either ordered milk from room service or picked up a glass of milk from the buffet the afternoon before. Frankly, it worked out better than waiting for room service coffee in the morning or getting dressed enough to venture down to the IC to get it. 

I understand you can get kettles on European cruises, but I haven't heard of anyone getting one in the US.  I am in California and go on a lot of Coastal and Mexico cruises and haven't been able to get one.  Its probably a stocking problem rather than a safety issue.  

I am usually up by 4:30 or 5, so room service at 6 to 6:30 is a little late.

4 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

I understand you can get kettles on European cruises, but I haven't heard of anyone getting one in the US.  I am in California and go on a lot of Coastal and Mexico cruises and haven't been able to get one.  Its probably a stocking problem rather than a safety issue.  

I am usually up by 4:30 or 5, so room service at 6 to 6:30 is a little late.

Cali girl here as well and up same hours as you since I can't turn off my internal clock (even if I go to bed late UGH.) But on the offset chance I sleep in until 7 I want to enjoy it and not be woken up by a knock at the door. LOL

• Like 1

My wife likes hot water for her tea or coffee, but doesn't want to have room service deliver it. On the Discovery Princess last month I would walk up to the buffet at 5:30 each morning and have a little breakfast. Nice and quiet. On the way back I would bring a large paper cup of hot water. Since we were on Emerald Deck I got a bit of exercise, but my fingers were burning by the time I got back. My wife appreciated it

• Like 2

Wait, Princess doesn't have coffeemakers in their staterooms?! We usually cruise NCL and are used to being able to make coffee when we first get up. We're booked on our first Princess cruise in December and, if not, this will be an adjustment. Is the tap water really hot enough to make instant? I don't like the coffee NCL gives us to brew in the stateroom (or that at hotels, for that matter) so, on the recommendation of another CC member, I recently purchased these to add to hot water (from the in-room coffee maker) and they're quite good:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G4LWFKG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Edited by NikiPinkston
Punctuation