Grand Suite and above Breakfast and Lunch options.

Can anyone who has been on, or is on Brilliance of the Seas, tell me if suite guests have a special dining option for  breakfast or lunch?

I know there is no Coastal Kitchen on Brilliance, but thought I read somewhere that  one of the specialty  serve breakfast and lunch for Suite guests.

Thanks!  

22 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Breakfast is at Chops on most ships. If not Chops then one of the other common specialty restaurants.

There is no lunch perk.

Is the breakfast different?   I did this a while back but can’t recall for sure.  My memory suggests the thing about it was it was in a different location.   The menu was no different?   

3 minutes ago, topnole said:

Is the breakfast different?   I did this a while back but can’t recall for sure.  My memory suggests the thing about it was it was in a different location.   The menu was no different?   

It's a pared back version of the MDR breakfast menu

In a suite I still prefer Windjammer breakfast for the selection but one morning there was a huge line so I "noped" it and ducked into Chops instead. 

I ordered a banana with my breakfast, they served it like this. Wow:

IMG_9706.JPG

• Like 3

Just now, HicksRA said:

Seems like lately, Pinns eat breakfast in Chops and suites in Giovanni’s. 

I think it depends on numbers on board.  Sometimes they combine them.  On Radiance right now with 75 Pins on board they have both venues open but they aren't particular which venue you use.  It's never been slammed as some people don't use it, some eat early, some late, etc.

• Like 2

The older ships have breakfast in Specialty restaurants- having dined in both costal kitchen on Oasis ships, and spec. restaurants on older ships, IMO Costal Kitchen so much better.  We were never impressed by the spec.  restaurant breakfast.

We now only try to sail on Oasis class ships.  Looking foward to the Icon of the Seas and that ship will have various suite dining options. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They didn't have the pastry tray our last 2 cruises

Why not, I wonder.😟  We have always had the pastry tray on any ship/any line we've been on, whether in a suite restaurant or not.

27 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The older ships have breakfast in Specialty restaurants- having dined in both costal kitchen on Oasis ships, and spec. restaurants on older ships, IMO Costal Kitchen so much better.  We were never impressed by the spec.  restaurant breakfast.

We now only try to sail on Oasis class ships.  Looking foward to the Icon of the Seas and that ship will have various suite dining options. 

We also now sail celebrity suites or oasis class suites, like having suite restaurants for all meals , we also now do UDP to avoid dinner in CK, long time ago chops or specialty restaurant had a pastry section that you would help yourself, like CK has for breakfast.

9 minutes ago, George C said:

We also now sail celebrity suites or oasis class suites, like having suite restaurants for all meals , we also now do UDP to avoid dinner in CK, long time ago chops or specialty restaurant had a pastry section that you would help yourself, like CK has for breakfast.

CK for breakfast is great imo.  We recently cruised symphony and in general I was happy with dinners.  Better than Harmony a few months prior.  It isn’t what it used to be, but I imagine it was better than the MDR.  

Love breakfast for the menu and relaxing feel relative to other breakfast areas.  Like dinner because it is better (imo) than mdr, and it is very easy to get wine/beers with dinner.  By day 2 our servers tend to know us and keep us happy with drinks.  Even when we had the odd night with a different server, the the other normal server would bring us drinks if he even thought we might need one.  That you aren’t going to get at mdr or a specialty restaurant and when on vacation I like drinks with dinner.  Love the CK for that aspect.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mafig said:

Since when can't you get a cocktail or glass of wine with dinner in the mdr or specialty restaurant?

You can but in CK on Oasis class beer and wine are included. 

38 minutes ago, mafig said:

Since when can't you get a cocktail or glass of wine with dinner in the mdr or specialty restaurant?

Never said you couldn’t.  But I can guarantee you I’m not getting another bottle of beer before my current one is empty without even asking.  That doesn’t happen at specialty restaurants either.  But in the CK on Oasis class the bar is usually within 20-30 feet of

table  

Very easy to get drinks whenever you need one.  This is not the case in the mdr and specialty servers tend not to get to know their customers because they don’t eat there every night.  Our CK servers tend to know us quickly and take care of us well.  I would have a beer waiting for me right when I sat down at the table.  

1 hour ago, topnole said:

CK for breakfast is great imo.  We recently cruised symphony and in general I was happy with dinners.  Better than Harmony a few months prior.  It isn’t what it used to be, but I imagine it was better than the MDR.  

Love breakfast for the menu and relaxing feel relative to other breakfast areas.  Like dinner because it is better (imo) than mdr, and it is very easy to get wine/beers with dinner.  By day 2 our servers tend to know us and keep us happy with drinks.  Even when we had the odd night with a different server, the the other normal server would bring us drinks if he even thought we might need one.  That you aren’t going to get at mdr or a specialty restaurant and when on vacation I like drinks with dinner.  Love the CK for that aspect.  

Agree service in CK is really good we tip with every meal and they do take care of us getting us beer , wine etc. already bought UDP for harmony in November.

11 hours ago, George C said:

We also like the UDP for dinners and typically take those on the Oasis class ships.

• Like 1