Someone please tell me this is a glitch and I shouldn't be freaking out

travelswithK

OK, so I have finished my online check in, and am 18 days out till my May 14 cruise on the Joy from NYC to Bermuda roundtrip. I have downloaded my e-docs, booked dinner, entertainment and a shore excursion. I usually check my account once a day because it is fun to think about my coming vacation.

And then I log in today to this -- my itinerary is showing all sea days. Please please tell me this is a glitch. Does anyone know anything about this?

cruise.jpg

bermuda 2.jpg

It certainly seems like the NCL system is having glitches today.  Hopefully all is sorted-out correctly soon!

You could call, or use the chat feature, if you wish to have someone at NCL verify!

Edited by ggTexasGal
add
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, travelswithK said:

OK, so I have finished my online check in, and am 18 days out till my May 14 cruise on the Joy from NYC to Bermuda roundtrip. I have downloaded my e-docs, booked dinner, entertainment and a shore excursion. I usually check my account once a day because it is fun to think about my coming vacation.

And then I log in today to this -- my itinerary is showing all sea days. Please please tell me this is a glitch. Does anyone know anything about this?

cruise.jpg

bermuda 2.jpg

A few people have had it happen today.. NCL IT department strikes again.. their website is throughly flaky.

• Like 3

We were on the Sun Transatlantic cruise that ended Friday in Miami (before the mechanical problems started) and the post-cruise survey listed nothing but Japanese ports and shows that were not pertinent to our cruise.

Their IT department is perhaps the worst part of the whole company.  Our account before the cruise would randomly show $500 due today, $500 credit tomorrow, and a zero balance the day after.  It was very frustrating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dw86419 said:

We were on the Sun Transatlantic cruise that ended Friday in Miami (before the mechanical problems started) and the post-cruise survey listed nothing but Japanese ports and shows that were not pertinent to our cruise.

Their IT department is perhaps the worst part of the whole company.  Our account before the cruise would randomly show $500 due today, $500 credit tomorrow, and a zero balance the day after.  It was very frustrating.

This is only my second cruise, but I've learned to be wary of their website. It really is hard to believe that a company this big has such quirky site.

At this point there’s a few possibilities to explain the endless NCL IT issues

1. They’re incompetent 

2. There’s an internal war going on

3. Someone inside is deliberately breaking things so they can be the hero fixing them

4. Some hacker has a personal vendetta and wants to screw with NCL but isn’t malicious enough to steal customer data 

5. It’s some competitor screwing with them (except from what I’ve seen on this forum plenty of the others have IT issues of their own)

17 minutes ago, travelswithK said:

This is only my second cruise, but I've learned to be wary of their website. It really is hard to believe that a company this big has such quirky site.

If you browse the Royal Caribbean board you will see similar complaints about THEIR IT.  It's not just an NCL issue, and maybe they outsource to the same folks (well, shoot, I work for an IT contracting company, I sure hope they're not one of OUR customers!!).

@eileeshb see above, it's not just NCL.  At least not until I stopped spending as much time on the Royal Caribbean forum as I do here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Travelling2Some said:

Must be nice to have a job where you can screw up constantly with no repercussions!

I once said to my boss that a baseball player is considered good if they get a hit less than 1/3 of the time and then asked them if I was correct only 1/3 of the time would I be considered good at my job.  They didn't appreciate that...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, travelswithK said:

NCL IT:  We have the worse website

Disney IT:  Hold my beer

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m sailing on Sunday, and today when I was looking at excursions, my cruise also showed all sea days.  However, when I clicked on the days, the appropriate shore excursion choices appeared.

Very few companies are willing to pay the money required to retain qualified IT staff.  Most companies outsource and the outsource companies tend not to hang onto their staff.

I am lucky I have a job that cannot be done remotely and you have to be a US Citizen.  Hiring staff is a challenge at time but they are paying about 30-50% more than the average IT company.

8 hours ago, fredflint said:

Very few companies are willing to pay the money required to retain qualified IT staff.  Most companies outsource and the outsource companies tend not to hang onto their staff.

I am lucky I have a job that cannot be done remotely and you have to be a US Citizen.  Hiring staff is a challenge at time but they are paying about 30-50% more than the average IT company.

So are you saying your company handles the MSC website?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

In my experience Royal's IT is actually a bit worse.  It goes on year after year.  Must be nice to have a job where you can screw up constantly with no repercussions!

Lol unless your a meteorologist