My time dining sold out?

I'm on the Allure in a couple of weeks and realized I had not scheduled dining times. When I went to the website, it says My time dining is sold out. Do not call but check here (website) for availability. Never heard of this before! Anyone have an answer? My time is free so why sold out?

4 minutes ago, mailmama said:

I'm on the Allure in a couple of weeks and realized I had not scheduled dining times. When I went to the website, it says My time dining is sold out. Do not call but check here (website) for availability. Never heard of this before! Anyone have an answer? My time is free so why sold out?

Happens all the time.  Only so many spaces allocated for MTD (or each fixed seating for that matter).  If you use a travel agent, ask them to watch for you to see if they open more MTD spots prior to the cruise to switch you over.  Otherwise, head straight to the MDR when you board and see if they could accommodate switching you.

49 minutes ago, mailmama said:

I'm also getting this off and on for other dining, and then it comes back.

I also think it might be IT. Keep checking and see if it changes later. I assume you are booked for anytime?

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm also getting this off and on for other dining, and then it comes back.

I also think it might be IT. Keep checking and see if it changes later. I assume you are booked for anytime?

OP is booked for nothing, MTD shows as full and waitlist only. I think she needs to check her reservation as everyone should be booked somewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

OP is booked for nothing, MTD shows as full and waitlist only. I think she needs to check her reservation as everyone should be booked somewhere. 

Yea I assumed wrongly. I thought it would assign you to a dining time if you didnt pick. 

Check with whomever he booked with I guess what hes signed up for.

2 hours ago, mailmama said:

Yeah, it happens.  We recently booked a last-minute cruise, and My Time Dining was already sold out.  It wasn't a deal-breaker, by any means, but it did remind us that we pretty strongly prefer My Time over traditional. 

If you're wondering WHY or HOW it can be sold out ... consider that they have X amount of space set aside for My Time Dining (usually one floor of the MDR), and when those tables are filled, it's sold out.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Do you mean you have traditional dining and want to switch to MTD?  

Or do you have MTD and, when hoping to make reservations, found no reservation times were available?

This is an important question.

We have also booked a cruise late on previously and been unable to get our preferred MTD although it was a much smaller ship. We were also unsuccessful at negotiating a change  from traditional dining once onboard.

This was pre-Covid however and from recent reviews and all the recent problems with MTD I thought it had lost popularity and am surprised to hear  it is fully allocated now. The number of hours for MTD has been reduced. Also it is normal for only limited spaces to be available for pre- booking and more slots open up once on board.

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Yeah, it happens.  We recently booked a last-minute cruise, and My Time Dining was already sold out.  It wasn't a deal-breaker, by any means, but it did remind us that we pretty strongly prefer My Time over traditional. 

If you're wondering WHY or HOW it can be sold out ... consider that they have X amount of space set aside for My Time Dining (usually one floor of the MDR), and when those tables are filled, it's sold out.  

That's not how it works anymore.  (and is the source of all the complaints and misery lately)

They no longer set aside a deck of the dining room for MTD.  MTD doesn't start until an hour or more after first seating, because they put MTDers at tables as first seating diners leave.  They just jigsaw puzzle them in.

• Like 2

Unusual actually now.    In the past it indeed was tough to get into MTD.  Now with the new "fit you in at the whim of when 1st seating pax finish up" has become...IMHO...a total fail. 

Now it is tough to get into first seating.  

OP:  If you still can't book online, simply go right to the dining room podium and ask to have MTD assigned to your cabin number.  They should be able to do so.  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the responses. To be clear, our booking states My Time dining on the reservation. When I use website to book a reservation time, it states Sold Out. Question is: do I still have ability to eat at My Time and just don't have a time to eat? Do I just show up in the No Reservation Line? Have they changed me to a Set Time Dining? I will probably show up when boarded ship and ask hostess in dining room where/when to go!

You do not need a reserved time. You can go anytime that they are open for My Time Dining and get on the "no reservation" line.  You may have to wait a bit. How long you have to wait can vary day-to-day. 

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by mets07
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, mailmama said:

Thanks everyone for the responses. To be clear, our booking states My Time dining on the reservation. When I use website to book a reservation time, it states Sold Out. Question is: do I still have ability to eat at My Time and just don't have a time to eat? Do I just show up in the No Reservation Line? Have they changed me to a Set Time Dining? I will probably show up when boarded ship and ask hostess in dining room where/when to go!

Relax, you do not need reservations to use MTD.  There will be two lines outside the MTD dining room on the ship each night.  One line for people with reservations and one line for people without reservations.  If you join the line for people without reservations, they will seat you.  Of course, none of us can guess if the line or the wait will be short or long when you show up🤷‍♀️.

If you want reservations, go to the MTD desk as soon as you board.  Ask there if reservations are available at your desired times.  You might be lucky; the worst you will hear is no.

If you’d rather not commit to reservation times or if you cannot get them, just plan to use the no reservation line.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 3