No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

8 hours ago, mypleasure said:

Yes you are absolutely right except I am not a booze drinker. I enjoy 2 to 3 quality drinks each evening no more than that. If I cancel my package I will be absolutely fine without booze and my husband will happily pay for any beer he might wish to try as he only drinks beer and soft drinks.

Yeah. Booze. First class hooch. 

2 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

This is the by the glass list at the champagne bar on the MSC Merivaglia. The 1st seven are champagnes. Selection and price!!! NCL take note.

PXL_20230424_010114174.jpg

This is quite a selection! Wish NCL would step up their game.

• Like 1

We upgraded to the plus package for our last cruise and I loved the Veuve. Was planning on upgrading again for our cruise in December (with 4 adults in the cabin, so close to $1000 to upgrade). Husband is a Jack drinker, so was drinking Gentleman Jack as an upgrade - which is now on the regular list. I do like Moet, so hopefully that is still available. We do drink red bull as well, but not $1000 worth. So, I guess thanks for NCL saving us money, lol. 

And I agree with an earlier comment, how is Skrewball premium?

23 minutes ago, aynt79 said:

I do like Moet, so hopefully that is still available. We do drink red bull as well, but not $1000 worth. So, I guess thanks for NCL saving us money, lol. 

We’re going Dec. 6th. When is your sailing? Unfortunately, as it stands now, only the Pommery Rose is included in Premium +. I’m open to try it, but am disappointed that it’s the only champagne included now. However, with this thread blowing up and the many complaints they have received about this issue, hopefully we will see a better offering before December.

• Like 1

Just now, dachengdao said:

We’re going Dec. 6th. When is your sailing? Unfortunately, as it stands now, only the Pommery Rose is included in Premium +. I’m open to try it, but am disappointed that it’s the only champagne included now. However, with this thread blowing up and the many complaints they have received about this issue, hopefully we will see a better offering before December.

Dec 3rd. I'm not a Veuve or nothing person and I do like rosé (and sounds like Pommery is good, never tried), but there should be a premium non-rosé option. Even with the old list, it didn't really make financial sense with our moms being the 3rd and 4th passengers and not being big drinkers - but we wanted to go all out and not have anyone worry about something costing extra or having the bartender have to confirm that something wasn't included in the regular plan.

I kinda wish I would have upgraded already, so maybe they would have noticed when I called to cancel. 

• Like 5

Grey Goose and pineapple juice is my drink or Belvedere if the Goose was absent, (and I have even managed to convert my wife to it also for the past 2 cruises).

If you haven't tried it, please give it a try over ice, its very refreshing in the sun & heat.  

I am not on the plus package so this does indeed dampen my cruise buzz a bit.

#1st world problems! 
I am from Ireland, I do not like whiskey or gin, tried lots.. I do however like vodka, but I have experienced a lot of vodka that is like paint thinners that makes my throat sore (Grey Goose & Belvedere however does not 😁 ) and that new NCL vodka list from the 1st of May might aswell be a whiskey list from what is listed on it 🤣 .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WexIrl said:

Grey Goose and pineapple juice is my drink or Belvedere if the Goose was absent, (and I have even managed to convert my wife to it also for the past 2 cruises).

If you haven't tried it, please give it a try over ice, its very refreshing in the sun & heat.  

I am not on the plus package so this does indeed dampen my cruise buzz a bit.

#1st world problems! 
I am from Ireland, I do not like whiskey or gin, tried lots.. I do however like vodka, but I have experienced a lot of vodka that is like paint thinners that makes my throat sore (Grey Goose & Belvedere however does not 😁 ) and that new NCL vodka list from the 1st of May might aswell be a whiskey list from what is listed on it 🤣 .

This Irish woman is the opposite, I have avoid any vodka’s made from corn so I tend to avoid vodka entirely. I’ve developed a taste for the new fruity G&Ts which won’t be on the ship, NCL have not yet jumped on the wider gin & tonic menus that are all over Ireland these days. I even discovered the Kopparbeg version premixed with lemonade is eminently drinkable without ice. 
my next cruise is Alaska in October so I’m figuring out what will work without ice if possible. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

This Irish woman is the opposite, I have avoid any vodka’s made from corn so I tend to avoid vodka entirely. 

I’m not much of a vodka drinker but I prefer mine distilled from potatoes. However, we are thinking about trying the ice bar which I believe serves Skyy, and I’m pretty sure that’s grain-based. Has anyone else done the ice bar experience? 

2 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

This Irish woman is the opposite, I have avoid any vodka’s made from corn so I tend to avoid vodka entirely. I’ve developed a taste for the new fruity G&Ts which won’t be on the ship, NCL have not yet jumped on the wider gin & tonic menus that are all over Ireland these days. I even discovered the Kopparbeg version premixed with lemonade is eminently drinkable without ice. 
my next cruise is Alaska in October so I’m figuring out what will work without ice if possible. 

Hello there , and there in lies the difficulty of satisfying all of us thirsty feckers eh 😁, we all like something different with some overlap here and there of course!

Even if the Goose and Belvedere is gone...... there is only so much beer I can drink before I need to go shorts (vodka) 😆. #SOS

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dachengdao said:

I’m not much of a vodka drinker but I prefer mine distilled from potatoes. However, we are thinking about trying the ice bar which I believe serves Skyy, and I’m pretty sure that’s grain-based. Has anyone else done the ice bar experience? 

Yes we tried the Ice bar on the Epic in 2017, Skyy vodka was the choice in frozen water glasses.

It was a great set up, it tasted like the vodka had a spice additive to the cocktails to warm you up.

We had great fun meeting new people in there!

We will definitely do another Ice bar.  

2 minutes ago, WexIrl said:

Yes we tried the Ice bar on the Epic in 2017, Skyy vodka was the choice in frozen water glasses.

It was a great set up, it tasted like the vodka had a spice additive to the cocktails to warm you up.

Easy knowing you’re from the sunny south east! It’s cold enough on the west coast for me that I don’t need to deliberately seek out sub zero drinking opportunities. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, eileeshb said:

Easy knowing you’re from the sunny south east! It’s cold enough on the west coast for me that I don’t need to deliberately seek out sub zero drinking opportunities. 

Warm rain is all we get here, not great for the drying 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WexIrl said:

Thanks for the answer!  Sounds like a fun experience and a great opportunity to meet and mingle.

54 minutes ago, cmecruise1962 said:

Are you sure that Veuve (or other champagnes) wouldn't still be available by the glass?  Maybe those are the bottles available for Premium +...a girl can hope!

I hope they reverse course on this and at least let us get it by the glass, but an agent told me it's not available in the package any more. Keep your eyes peeled on the boards because that could certainly change or vary by ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbdb said:

That's funny how your February 23 version is marked FINAL, yet two and a half month's later there's this. Let's hope if there are further changes it won't be worse than this.

Beverage_Package_Flyer_04_23.pdf

• Haha 2