No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

Slightly off topic as I'm referring to a different cruise line.

I'm reading up on Norwegian  as I'm disappointed with that line.

This just happened to me on Celebrity, I upgraded to premium for the Champers, but there was no champers on the premium package.

59 minutes ago, breadandbutter said:

This just happened to me on Celebrity, I upgraded to premium for the Champers, but there was no champers on the premium package.

Wow - not even one brand??? At least we still have the Pommery, even if it is a Rose.

We go in July on Prima so maybe there is time they "correct" some of these choices. But the PLUS is still worth it to us with the additional internet, specialty dining and excursion discounts. Will I miss Vueve? YOU BET! But there's still plenty of other boozy options......maybe I'll discover a new fave!

5 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

We go in July on Prima so maybe there is time they "correct" some of these choices. But the PLUS is still worth it to us with the additional internet, specialty dining and excursion discounts. Will I miss Vueve? YOU BET! But there's still plenty of other boozy options......maybe I'll discover a new fave!

I was just researching some of the options on the list and we definitely will expand our horizons and try brands we never had before. What are some must-tries in your opinion?

22 minutes ago, dachengdao said:

I was just researching some of the options on the list and we definitely will expand our horizons and try brands we never had before. What are some must-tries in your opinion?

Well we love Irish Coffees so I'll try some high-end whiskies in them. They also have a bar that makes cocktails from "kitchen leftovers" on Prima I am really looking forward to

On our last cruise in October on the Bliss when we had the premium package, they had very limited stock of Veuve and most of the time they were unable to serve it to us, but as an alternative they offered us Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte instead. 
And we really liked that one and preferred it over the Moet, maybe you can check if they have it on the next cruise. 

1 hour ago, dachengdao said:

Whistle Pig! So good.

On 4/28/2023 at 8:18 AM, sebas030 said:

For me it is the vodka I am not happy with. I am a martini guy, they took out completely Belvedere and moved Grey Goose to + .... now what I am going to get in my martini ? 

If I want a Grey Goose martini do I have to pay a couple of $ as an upcharge or would they charge the total price of the drink to my account ?

I too am a martini guy.  If I can't get Belvedere I go with Kettle One.  Grey Goose is just french swill as far as I'm concerned!  

Elvis

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SakeDad said:They also have a bar that makes cocktails from "kitchen leftovers" on Prima I am really looking forward to

On the BA in March Diamonds were offered a cocktail event which was a tasting of 8 sustainable cocktails.  Yes, they were made from everything like used coffee grounds to fruits rinds.  Only one was halfway drinkable, the others, a sip was all I could stomach.  But I saw people drinking them and at a premium price!  My advice is, if you are invited to this event, don’t go.  Likewise the wine tasting was pretty awful, also.  The only thing I found drinkable was the Santa Margarita (?) Pinot Grigio.  It was nicely done but the wines were disappointing.

• Thanks 1

Tito's is disgusting and Absolut is what kids in college drink.

they used to have all the flavors of grey goose back in the day.  then the cut down to just the plain.  now this.

honestly, some days, i wish theyd revert back to the days when you had to buy the package.  making it free for all has just lessened the quality of everything (pre-mixed, watered drinks at pool bars for example).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SakeDad said:

Well we love Irish Coffees so I'll try some high-end whiskies in them. They also have a bar that makes cocktails from "kitchen leftovers" on Prima I am really looking forward to

The Prima bar sounds interesting. Please report back on that. I don't care for whiskey, but love Bailey's Cappuccino. DH is the whisky aficionado, but he doesn't care for coffee. However, I think we will try an Irish coffee in honor of SakeDad, but we'll probably split it.  Sounds like a good thing to have in the Vibe on the first day since it will be freezing in December. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kasimir said:

On our last cruise in October on the Bliss when we had the premium package, they had very limited stock of Veuve and most of the time they were unable to serve it to us, but as an alternative they offered us Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte instead. 
And we really liked that one and preferred it over the Moet, maybe you can check if they have it on the next cruise. 

Thank you for the recommendation!  I will look for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

On the BA in March Diamonds were offered a cocktail event which was a tasting of 8 sustainable cocktails.  Yes, they were made from everything like used coffee grounds to fruits rinds.  Only one was halfway drinkable, the others, a sip was all I could stomach.  But I saw people drinking them and at a premium price!  My advice is, if you are invited to this event, don’t go.  Likewise the wine tasting was pretty awful, also.  The only thing I found drinkable was the Santa Margarita (?) Pinot Grigio.  It was nicely done but the wines were disappointing.

The wines in our last wine tasting on the Gem in early April were shockingly inferior, although the event itself was fun and a great way to meet new folks. I submitted a comment card and let them know I'm willing to pay an upcharge for more drinkable wines. Thanks for the tip about avoiding the sustainable cocktail event. I might try one with the drink package though.

35 minutes ago, 2Cruise4Ever said:

Still showing as a gift purchase on the website.  I ordered it for my up-coming cruise in August.  Hope I didn't just waste $144 on a no-name champagne!!

image.png.acfc8886dc82bb47f591acd347c74548.png

Some of the other posters really like the Pommery Rose. Maybe it will be good and I will of course indulge, but it's not a suitable replacement for the Veuve.

• Like 1