The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday April 28th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

@marshhawk  sending hugs!  It’s so difficult saying goodbye to a faithful friend! 

I would be remiss if I didn’t add that my DD’s DFIL had surgery yesterday for his femur so hopefully things should improve for him soon.   

And a repeat, but happy to share any info on Japan ports, our circumnavigation was one of our absolute favourites 

and DO try the pumpkin curry, it is surprisingly yummy.

IMG_1439.jpeg

• Like 18

Good evening.  Happy to see @bennybear posting and hope Brenda is on the way to a good recovery.

Sorry couldn’t get here today - just too sick.  Hopefully it all abates by tomorrow (and no, it’s not covid).  I tested and will retest tomorrow but nauseous isn’t usually a symptom.  

Have a good evening everyone!  Hope I can catch up at some stage but can’t sit up for long.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 14

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

@marshhawk  sending hugs!  It’s so difficult saying goodbye to a faithful friend! 

I would be remiss if I didn’t add that my DD’s DFIL had surgery yesterday for his femur so hopefully things should improve for him soon.   

And a repeat, but happy to share any info on Japan ports, our circumnavigation was one of our absolute favourites 

and DO try the pumpkin curry, it is surprisingly yummy.

IMG_1439.jpeg

It's awesome that you're feeling well enough to join in here, Brenda.  That's great news!   Best wishes to your DD's FIL, too!

I've spent a lot of time picking up tips about Japan -- lots of notes about things you've mentioned in the past here on the Daily.  But I'm still kind of confused about just picking an itinerary.  What we have booked right now is the April 13, 2024 sailing that goes 30 days and ends back in Seattle.  But I'm wondering if we should see more of Japan and bite the bullet and fly both ways?  

Some of the longer itineraries just repeat the same ports.  But maybe that's not such a bad thing, as you get two days to explore?  

Anyhow, whenever you're in the mood -- no hurry!!! -- tell us more about your itinerary and the ports that you loved best.  

Again, no rush to respond!  Rest, rest, rest and heal, heal, heal.  😍

Maxine

Edited by AncientWanderer
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The worst of the storm has passed without much damage here.  We have received 1 inch of rain since about 4 pm with most of it coming in about 20 minutes.  The wind was not as bad as predicted, but we got some hail.  Fortunately, while it was noisy on the metal roof, it wasn't too big.  The rain was so heavy, our front yard and part of the rest of the yard was under water, but most of it has run off by now.

I just checked the weather app, and our tornado watch will continue until 8 pm, but I think the worst is over, Sandi @StLouisCruisers.  It is just a light rain right now.

Lenda

Lenda we had quite a storm as you mentioned.  Crazy weather! The hail was about dime size, but wow, heavy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Good evening.  Happy to see @bennybear posting and hope Brenda is on the way to a good recovery.

Sorry couldn’t get here today - just too sick.  Hopefully it all abates by tomorrow (and no, it’s not covid).  I tested and will retest tomorrow but nauseous isn’t usually a symptom.  

Have a good evening everyone!  Hope I can catch up at some stage but can’t sit up for long.

Sorry you are so sick and I hope it is not what I had. I tested, retested, and retested again and it was not Covid but it was made me pretty sick. Listen to your body and take it easy.

Susan

• Like 10

Hi Everyone,

It is finally Friday at the end of a busy week.

@marshhawk, I am so sorry about your little hunnybunny Irving moving on to the Rainbow Bridge. It is not easy, as you know. I cried for 5 years after my cat died.  I also watch Death in Paradise and when Catherine mentioned watermelon curry I wondered what it was; have never heard of it!

@durangoscots, I have been to KirKwall, Orkney on a cruise; what a great place to see the archeological sites.One time we couldn't go because the sea was too rough but made it in another time. I loved all of the history especially the ring of stones like Stonehenge but these were much older. Very facinating to me. If people go, I advise to take a tour of the whole island to see all of the sites.

@Denise T, I went to the dentist too today; my least favorite thing to do. I am a big dentist baby. Came home with a headache for 3 hours, which always happens to me. Hope your dental work goes well and pain free. 

Bluberry pie is my favorite - had to throw that in here.😊

Thank you to the keepers of the lists; they continue to be stellar and the hard work of them is certainly noticed by all here.

Love all of the comedy on this thread, it is great to have a good laugh a few times a day.

Prayers for alll of us; extra prayers for those with health challenges this week. May you heal quickly and painfree.

Very happy to hear from those cruising, that always perks up my day and then makes me jealous! Oh well my time will come soon enough.

Take good care everyone and have a safe and restful weekend.

Caron

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.  It looks like our rain chances have passed, but the wind will continue for quite a while.  I'm not sure what our wind speed is, but the wather app says 23 mph. 

After all the errands, laundry and watching the weather. I'm relaxing with another glass of wine.  This will be my last, and hopefully, I'll sleep well tonight.  I plan on an easy day tomorrow.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9

52 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Lenda we had quite a storm as you mentioned.  Crazy weather! The hail was about dime size, but wow, heavy!

Joy, I'm glad you are all right after the crazy, weather today.  We spent a lot of the afternoon watching the Waco tv stations.  Our  hail was between pea and dime size.  It didn't stick, but it made quite aa racket on our metal roof.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Jacqui, I'm sorry you were feeling so bad today. I hope you are better tomorrow after a good night's rest.

18 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

Hi Everyone,

It is finally Friday at the end of a busy week.

@marshhawk, I am so sorry about your little hunnybunny Irving moving on to the Rainbow Bridge. It is not easy, as you know. I cried for 5 years after my cat died.  I also watch Death in Paradise and when Catherine mentioned watermelon curry I wondered what it was; have never heard of it!

@durangoscots, I have been to KirKwall, Orkney on a cruise; what a great place to see the archeological sites.One time we couldn't go because the sea was too rough but made it in another time. I loved all of the history especially the ring of stones like Stonehenge but these were much older. Very facinating to me. If people go, I advise to take a tour of the whole island to see all of the sites.

@Denise T, I went to the dentist too today; my least favorite thing to do. I am a big dentist baby. Came home with a headache for 3 hours, which always happens to me. Hope your dental work goes well and pain free. 

Bluberry pie is my favorite - had to throw that in here.😊

Thank you to the keepers of the lists; they continue to be stellar and the hard work of them is certainly noticed by all here.

Love all of the comedy on this thread, it is great to have a good laugh a few times a day.

Prayers for alll of us; extra prayers for those with health challenges this week. May you heal quickly and painfree.

Very happy to hear from those cruising, that always perks up my day and then makes me jealous! Oh well my time will come soon enough.

Take good care everyone and have a safe and restful weekend.

Caron

Caron, I'm glad we could brighten your day.

Lenda

• Like 5

Last week I heard a combination of banjo, bass and Indian flute and drums. And it blew me away.  Tonight I  heard blue grass with the Atlanta Master Chorale.  The bluegrass band was the Chuck Nation Band.  4 piece family band.  The first half of the concert was the chorus, they are fabulous, and they did Americana music, to name a few songs, Shenandoah, , Down in the River to Pray(think Brother Where Art Thou) Simple Gifts to name 3 out of 7, and then Chuck Nation Band came on, and did a few blue grass songs without the chorus, and then the Chorale came back and they did a piece together with the bluegrass band called Come Away to the Skies: A High, Lonesome Mass, .which ended with everyone up and singing, I'll Fly Away. 

We took my friend Debbie, who used to sing when she was living in DC.  When she got married, she sort of stopped, and her DH passed away from pancreatic cancer the first year of Covid.   She is very involved with politics, and boards at Emory, but she forgot to add music back into her life.  Chuck said he did not want to go, in fact he forgot several times today that he was going,  and he whimpered a bit about going (LOL) and by the time the show was over, they both walked out happier than I had seen either of them in weeks.

The Atlanta Master Chorale, can be found on youtube.  Please Check them out.  I am going to get a subscription to their series next season, but will have to automatically miss the first show.

233610-Good-Night-Dear-Friends.jpg

• Like 7