Cruise questions

Scott-23

I am going on a cruise to Italy in November at the end of the cruise I will be getting a shuttle from ship to Rome Italy leaving me off at the  Ostiense Train Station I will need a hotel at that time near the drop off point. Does anyone know any hotels within walking distance of this train station as I am not familiar with this area?

1 hour ago, Scott-23 said:

I am going on a cruise to Italy in November at the end of the cruise I will be getting a shuttle from ship to Rome Italy leaving me off at the  Ostiense Train Station I will need a hotel at that time near the drop off point. Does anyone know any hotels within walking distance of this train station as I am not familiar with this area?

Recommend you ask/research on the Italy ports of call forum located at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Scott, I understand being overwhelmed with Cruise Critic, much less booking things like this!

On the Cruise Critic menu, you are currently in Ask a Cruise Question. Further down on the menu page is Ports of Call, with Europe under that, and Italy within that.  That will be a good place to post your question(s) (as you did, successfully, here); the best titles are specific, such as "Hotels near x train station?", or any other questions you'd like to ask.  That will get you the most knowledgeable responses.

Good luck!  And please continue to ask, if it still doesn't work.

15 minutes ago, Scott-23 said:

I have no idea what you mean by forum and how to ask question. Can you explain in a simpler way? When I click on link there is nowhere to ask my question

Click on the link. It will take you to the Italian ports forum (section of the Cruise Critic  website). Right under where it says Italy Ports there is a blue box with Start a new topic. Click on that, give it a title, then ask your question.

16 minutes ago, Scott-23 said:

Is there a link for hotels in the area in Rome I am interested outside this website? Without using 3rd party websites

If you want a fairly comprehensive list of hotels in a city, then using a 3rd party site is a good place to start. I use booking.com, because they only allow reviews from people who have stayed there using their bookings. It also allows you to use the various filters (options) to narrow down the number choices. Plus it has a map that you can click on to see all the hotels in a specific area. Once you have picked a hotel, you can either book through them OR just go to that hotel's  website and book directly through them.

To Jsn55

Thanks for the reply but I tried to google hotels near where i want to stay but get all 3rd party websites.

22 minutes ago, Scott-23 said:

Is there a link for hotels in the area in Rome I am interested outside this website? Without using 3rd party websites

The whole point is that you use the 3d party sites to find your hotel.  Then you go directly on the hotel web site to make your reservation.  

DON

Thank you all for responding. But 3rd party sites do not give you the opportunity to ask questions about the area. And I am not very knowledgeable with using 3rd party filters and maps and using this forum. I basically would like a couple of moderately priced hotel suggestions that I can call for reservations.

I have no idea what you mean by forum and how to ask question. Can you explain in a simpler way? When I click on link there is nowhere to ask my question

At the top of the  page  the link takes you to is  a button

START NEW TOPIC click that  then put  Looking for Rome hotels

then post your question in the box below

hope that helps

29 minutes ago, Scott-23 said:

Thank you all for responding. But 3rd party sites do not give you the opportunity to ask questions about the area. And I am not very knowledgeable with using 3rd party filters and maps and using this forum. I basically would like a couple of moderately priced hotel suggestions that I can call for reservations.

Do you have a travel agent  ?

Maybe ask them for help

You google the areas you want to be in but I am afraid it will not help much

You can look at hotel booking sites

or specific hotel brand & see if they have hotels   that meet your needs

I look at tripadvisor for revire  then book online with the hotel

4 minutes ago, Scott-23 said:

I went to the top of page and there is no button saying START NEW TOPIC..

sorry are you on a phone or computer ?

This is what I see on my computer

image.thumb.png.90f1e982c766442e11c665ca0a79fca9.png

15 minutes ago, Scott-23 said:

I went to the top of page and there is no button saying START 

Below is showing the top of the page press the blue button start new topic and then you can pose your question.

You can also see tips from other people regarding hotels in Rome.

You can also put your question in the Trip Advisor search engine and once you find an hotel you are interested in you can then look up the hotel directly and see if you can get a better offer directly.

happy planning

Rosalyn

https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsNear-g187791-d554358-Ostiense-Rome_Lazio.html

IMG_0953.png

Edited by cruiseaholic78

I have tried to go to top of page, but it is completely different than what you are showing. As I stated I am not good with this type of stuff. I am only looking for suggestions for hotels not links or forums which I do not know how to navigate.

9 minutes ago, Scott-23 said:

I have tried to go to top of page, but it is completely different than what you are showing. As I stated I am not good with this type of stuff. I am only looking for suggestions for hotels not links or forums which I do not know how to navigate.

Do you have any friends or family  that can help you navigate the internet?

The place to look for  hotels  is 3rd party  sites with reviews   or in the link posted

Which you are not interested either 

Happy hunting

Scott, I have posted your question on the Ports of Call -- Europe -- Italy section of Cruise Critic. Use the link in the first reply, above, and you should see it there.  I titled it "Hotels near Ostiense train station" (I think).  You should be able to go straight there from now on, and see what replies you get. Good luck!

18 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Oops, I see it came up twice. My mistake!  But I also see that a number of other people have posted questions about Rome area hotels, so it might be worth reading through them, as well.  

Your dup post has been removed. Also, the OP, @Scott-23, has already posted a new thread on the Italy Ports forum. It is Hotels in italy .