Giovanni's lunch

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Has anyone been to this? Any feedback on this? What are portions like? I'd be going solo.

We went in march on oasis. I think same as dinner menu. We ordered the filet, or I did. My friend asked to taste the garlicky prawns so they brought those too without veggies on the plate. Lots to eat.

I'm not sure if there was something left off the lunch menu from the dinner menu or not. Looked the same tl me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

We went in march on oasis. I think same as dinner menu. We ordered the filet, or I did. My friend asked to taste the garlicky prawns so they brought those too without veggies on the plate. Lots to eat.

I'm not sure if there was something left off the lunch menu from the dinner menu or not. Looked the same tl me. 

We had dinner at Jamies on Ovation and Quantum a few months ago. No steak of any cut offered. Dinner menu and lunch menu the exact same. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We had dinner at Jamies on Ovation and Quantum a few months ago. No steak of any cut offered. Dinner menu and lunch menu the exact same. 

I think Jamies is a bit different.  Giovanni’s definitely has fillet.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

?? I went to Giovanni.. not Jamie's. Different menu, different restaurant. 

I went as I said on oasis march 12 to 19, bellas cruise with some friends. 

Some ships have Jamie's and some Giovanni  .. it's not the same place.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Giovanni’s menu for steak. No steak at Jamie’s 

IMG_6712.png

18 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Can you post the lunch menu? I had trouble finding it online.

That is the lunch menu posted. 

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That is the lunch menu posted. 

Please look again.  “Dinner” is highlighted in that post, not lunch, lol.  

On our odyssey cruise the lunch and dinner menus were different…osso bucco and fillet were on the dinner menu but not on the lunch menu.

Maybe it depends on whether the ship has a Giovanni’s Table or a Giovanni’s Kitchen.  What ship, OP?

Edited by Starry Eyes

5 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Please look again.  “Dinner” is highlighted in that post, not lunch, lol.  

On our odyssey cruise the lunch and dinner menus were different…osso bucco and fillet were on the dinner menu but not on the lunch menu.

It's the exact menu I remember on oasis for our lunch. March 12 to 19. We had the filet and asked for the garlicky shrimp extra and the apps and the dessert. 

I didnt look for the osso bucco but a tablemate had the pasta dish. I dont eat pasta so I dont know which it was.

2 of us had the filet for lunch. I'm sure filet was on our menu. This was bellas cruise so I ate with friends who can say the filet was a choice on oasis. 

Edited by firefly333

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It's the exact menu I remember on oasis for our lunch. March 12 to 19. We had the filet and asked for the garlicky shrimp extra and the apps and the dessert. 

Maybe it has changed since March or maybe you did not notice.  Nonetheless I looked at the current Oasis cruise.  The lunch and dinner menus are not the same. I noticed, for example, that lunch has eggplant parm (not offered at dinner), while dinner has osso bucco not offered at lunch).  There are also seem to be differences between G. Kitchen and G. Table.  The OP has not told us which ship.

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We always get it for embarkation day.  Totally worth it.  More food than you can possibly eat..

Marty and helen were with me at lunch we 3 booked together. They are on a hawaii cruise right now but they both took pictures of the food. .. though I shouldn't let it annoy me to be told I cant remember if I had filet and helen also had the filet and marty the pasta. We got pics to prove it. I'd ask them to back me up except they are cruising. Not worth bothering them. 

Some other ship last January might not have had it, I'm sure on bella cruise we ordered the filet and it was on the lunch menu. People can be rude how they call you out. Just say ours was different rather than you cant remember correctly what you ate. Time to close cc when it gets rude feeling. 

See you in december. Enjoy your boarding lunch on harmony. 

On 5/3/2023 at 12:25 PM, Williamsburgcruiser said:

We went in October of 2019...pre-covid. It was VERY good.  Lunch portions were very good too.  I'm thinking of trying it again in 2 weeks while on Liberty.  

what is pre-covid?  Menu never changed that I am aware of. 

On 5/3/2023 at 12:01 PM, latebuyer said:

Has anyone been to this? Any feedback on this? What are portions like? I'd be going solo.

We had lunch at Giovanni's on Wonder on embarkation day. We loved it! We each got an app, split a pizza, and got dessert.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Some other ship last January might not have had it, I'm sure on bella cruise we ordered the filet and it was on the lunch menu. People can be rude how they call you out. Just say ours was different rather than you cant remember correctly what you ate. Time to close cc when it gets rude feeling. 

See you in december. Enjoy your boarding lunch on harmony. 

That wasn't me that said the Jane!!  I had Giovanni's lunch on Embarkation day and definitely had the steak as well.  Loved it.  I think it might be better than Chops steak.