Aprox price for package

So I know we're quite a bit out lol but 8/11/24 we'll be on the Freedom . Just curious since we don't usually do all the extras, but I hear people talk about the unlimited dining package? What does something like that run on average. 7 night caribbean.

Thinking of maybe surprising the hubby.

4 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

So I know we're quite a bit out lol but 8/11/24 we'll be on the Freedom . Just curious since we don't usually do all the extras, but I hear people talk about the unlimited dining package? What does something like that run on average. 7 night caribbean.

Expect to pay around $200 give or take a little.  On Oasis class ships it is bouncing between 225 on sale and 260 reg price.  Freedom class will be a little cheaper usually. 

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Expect to pay around $200 give or take a little.  On Oasis class ships it is bouncing between 225 on sale and 260 reg price.  Freedom class will be a little cheaper usually. 

200 would definitely be a deal.  But yeah, I’d budget 250 to be conservative and hope you get it for 225 or less.  

22 minutes ago, topnole said:

200 would definitely be a deal.  But yeah, I’d budget 250 to be conservative and hope you get it for 225 or less.  

I could probably give a better guess but my Adventure of the Seas (should be similar to Liberty) cruise in Feb 2024 still hasn't posted dining prices.  I have Liberty booked in Sept. and it is 266 but that is a 9 day cruise.  That's why I suggested ~200.  I could be low though.

1 hour ago, toxicfairy said:

Are you asking because you want to know what a "good deal" would be? Or are you not knowing what the price is for your sailing?

It's available right now for your sailing at $243.99 plus gratuities.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/pt_dining/product/FR_PACKALLP07?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=FR&sailDate=20240811

IMO, you'd be better better off doing the 3 night dining package at $106 for your sailing. There's really only 3 specialty restaurants on Freedom (not counting chefs table or Johnny Rockets), so the UDP wouldn't provide as much ability for variety than other ships.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

It's $184 per adult on my upcoming Alaska cruise, but maybe it is less on a Radiance Class ship because of fewer specialty venues?

It will be my first Royal Caribbean cruise so I've no idea whether it is worth getting. Also, I'm traveling with family and don't know yet what they plan on getting. 

• Like 1

for some reason I thought the unlimited dining package included the tips - not sure where I got that from! we paid in GBP but was 230USD equivalent for a week on adventure in the summer.  if you pay tips for the restaurants as part of the UDP - do you still leave the gratuities on your account even though you're not in the main dining room ? not trying to be a cheap brit - just wondering on etiquette? maybe just easier to pay both 

Take the price shown and add 18% to it for the total.  Watch your Cruise Planner frequently.  I found the UDP for a 10 night cruise on the Vision in March for a total of $250 person, including tips.

That's unlimited dinner options:  appys one place, meal another, dessert another, if you want.

Lunch in Chops on sea days (maybe another restaurant; depends on the ship)

Book Chops for lunch on Day 1, pay for it, show up and have them credit what you paid back since you have the UDP.  You can also just show up, but I like to have a reservation on the first day.

That was 14 meals per person on our cruise for an average of $18 including tips.  They accidentally charged us on night in Giovanni's, and it was $53 per person including tip.  

13 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

It's $184 per adult on my upcoming Alaska cruise, but maybe it is less on a Radiance Class ship because of fewer specialty venues?

It will be my first Royal Caribbean cruise so I've no idea whether it is worth getting. Also, I'm traveling with family and don't know yet what they plan on getting. 

Yeah, I keep getting tempted by that price on the Radiance....it does have Samba, Izumi, Giovannis, and Chops, but with the late port times, we decided against it, as we might be off the ship multiple times, we are traveling with friends who we don't want to force them, and we can find enough food on the ship if not.....I would TOTALLY get it at that price for the radiance if port times would force us to be on the ship for dinner 🙂 

46 minutes ago, blondcat said:

for some reason I thought the unlimited dining package included the tips

In some markets the grats on planner purchased items may be included in the initial price you see; in the US they are not.

4 hours ago, blondcat said:

for some reason I thought the unlimited dining package included the tips - not sure where I got that from! we paid in GBP but was 230USD equivalent for a week on adventure in the summer.  if you pay tips for the restaurants as part of the UDP - do you still leave the gratuities on your account even though you're not in the main dining room ? not trying to be a cheap brit - just wondering on etiquette? maybe just easier to pay both 

Do you eat breakfast, lunch or have your cabin cleaned..

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Do you eat breakfast, lunch or have your cabin cleaned..

of course - just wasn't sure if folks tipped directly and e.g left money for the cabin team and I know when you order breakfast to your room they add service.  but like I said, easier to just add and pay twice for dinner I think, not fussed about it.

1 hour ago, blondcat said:

of course - just wasn't sure if folks tipped directly and e.g left money for the cabin team and I know when you order breakfast to your room they add service.  but like I said, easier to just add and pay twice for dinner I think, not fussed about it.

According to what is posted here on CC a lot of cruisers tip triple.  Auto grats left in place, 18% gratuity added to the package price and then tipping again after dinner.  Waiters only get about $4 tip from the package gratuity per meal, I always leave $10 cash after specialty dining. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

According to what is posted here on CC a lot of cruisers tip triple.  Auto grats left in place, 18% gratuity added to the package price and then tipping again after dinner.  Waiters only get about $4 tip from the package gratuity per meal, I always leave $10 cash after specialty dining. 

We always tip extra from 5 to 20 depending on service