Mariner change in ports

We don’t even get off the ship in Nassau. We had a bungalow booked in Labadee. Super disappointed to be going to Freeport. I understand the reason for the change. But Labadee was our only port on this short cruise, and we were hoping for a great beach day. Now what do we do?

Same thing happened to us last year. We had to skip Labadee because the ship had to go back to Miami to let a passenger off due to a medical emergency, there’s nothing you can do, just hope if the medical emergency was you the rest of the passengers would understand. There are beaches in Freeport.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Same thing happened to us last year. We had to skip Labadee because the ship had to go back to Miami to let a passenger off due to a medical emergency, there’s nothing you can do, just hope if the medical emergency was you the rest of the passengers would understand. There are beaches in Freeport.

I have no problem with taking care of someone with a medical emergency. I’m just very disappointed with the replacement port, and hoping someone has recommendations of what to do in Freeport. 

17 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

I believe we were on that same cruise...

8 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I have no problem with taking care of someone with a medical emergency. I’m just very disappointed with the replacement port, and hoping someone has recommendations of what to do in Freeport. 

At least you will be going to a port. We spent the majority of two days just coasting in circles between Miami and Bimini

• Like 1

There is a restaurant a short walk from the pier right on the ocean.  The food is really good and you can purchase a bucket of fish pieces to feed the sharks.  Pretty cool.

• Like 1

If I were aboard I'd be thrilled to be going to Freeport instead of Labadee!

We frequenly get a sea day instead of a replacement port.  Last cruise, we had four sea days in a row, after two ports were cancelled due to weather.

13 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We frequenly get a sea day instead of a replacement port.  Last cruise, we had four sea days in a row, after two ports were cancelled due to weather.

Right.  There’s nothing really special about Labadee except pushy peddlers and a beach.    I’m sure they have that in Freeport.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

So we just learned that we are not going to Labadee tomorrow and will be in Freeport instead. We had a medical evacuation just now. What in the world is there to do in Freeport?

Go to Shore Excursions and see what they have.  

3 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

They have nice beaches as well not far from the port where all the big hotels are.

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

My kind of cruise.  Love sea days.  

• Like 2

Replacement ports have to be chosen according to the availability of a berth for the ship.  Sometimes it works out…..sometimes not.

Prayers for the passenger and their family during this stressful time!

1 hour ago, monorail81 said:

And as there appear to be no ships scheduled tomorrow (or again until the 10th…), my original statement still stands. 

4 days with no ships.  Something sounds wrong there.  

just enjoy your time at sea and your new port.    
ship happens.  It could be you that needs Medicare assistance at some point.  

18 hours ago, monorail81 said:

And as there appear to be no ships scheduled tomorrow

Maybe that's the local employees' day off?  Consider the number of people it takes to staff that facility.

Edited by jwlane

Update again…even more bizzare news…instead of steaming towards Nassau, we are quickly headed back to Fort Lauderdale for TWO more medical evacs…one of them is a crew member. 

• Thanks 1