Do I need to print out cruise docs?

Aside from luggage tags, is there really any need to print out the cruise docs for check in. It seems like it is all information for my benefit which I have on my phone, so I see no point in printing a paper copy. Is this correct?

Also, it says in the cruise docs to bring a printed copy of my seapass to check in, but I have a seapass on the app, so it would seem unnecessary. 

correct you dont need to print out the whole cruise doc. i print out the seapass check in document due to my phone having scanning issues when they try to scan the barcode from my phone

8 minutes ago, BigB67 said:

Aside from luggage tags, is there really any need to print out the cruise docs for check in. It seems like it is all information for my benefit which I have on my phone, so I see no point in printing a paper copy. Is this correct?

Also, it says in the cruise docs to bring a printed copy of my seapass to check in, but I have a seapass on the app, so it would seem unnecessary. 

It is unnecessary.  Especially if you screenshot the pass.  However, there are those who are only comfortable bringing folders with papers.  Bottom line - they both work but the ease of the app is much more convenient.  We have our passports and the app and breeze directly through without carrying papers.  But we enjoy paperless everything and that's us.  

14 minutes ago, shof515 said:

correct you dont need to print out the whole cruise doc. i print out the seapass check in document due to my phone having scanning issues when they try to scan the barcode from my phone

I print out the boarding pass so it's easier to whip it out every time they ask for it. It easier to just hold it in my hand handy than to have to keep opening my tablet and doing the whole swipe and put in a code to open the screen when I'm walking to board. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I print out the boarding pass so it's easier to whip it out every time they ask for it. It easier to just hold it in my hand handy than to have to keep opening my tablet and doing the whole swipe and put in a code to open the screen when I'm walking to board. 

We do the same. Just quicker than phone for us.

• Like 4

I'm old school, LOL!!!  I print out EVERYTHING!   Boarding pass, excursions, travel insurance, etc.  Organized in a manila envelope.  I just like hard copies of everything.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sharod103 said:

I'm old school, LOL!!!  I print out EVERYTHING!   Boarding pass, excursions, travel insurance, etc.  Organized in a manila envelope.  I just like hard copies of everything.  

It is extremely important to have copies of everything to do with your booking, especially any prepaid perks you might have or OBC.   I don't know how many times all our OBC did not show up on our account once on the ship.   If you don't have your back-up documentation, you have no way to verify to guest services that something is missing on your account.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

It is extremely important to have copies of everything to do with your booking, especially any prepaid perks you might have or OBC.   I don't know how many times all our OBC did not show up on our account once on the ship.   If you don't have your back-up documentation, you have no way to verify to guest services that something is missing on your account.

I agree. I do bring original emails of all OBC (buI they’re also in my email folders).

I save my Edocs to a PDF and message it to myself and DH.

True.  I just like all my bases covered.  And I don't feel that way without my printed documentation.  Always in the back of my mind, what would I do if something happened to my phone?!?  

1 hour ago, kokopelli-az said:

True.  But this information can also easily be retrieved in your phone as well.

38 minutes ago, sharod103 said:

True.  I just like all my bases covered.  And I don't feel that way without my printed documentation.  Always in the back of my mind, what would I do if something happened to my phone?!?  

Or you can do what we did once in 2010 and leave the folder in the checked in bag.  That was fun!  

8 hours ago, sharod103 said:

That is me as well. I already started to set up one of those folders with the different clear sections for our med cruise this summer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Agree.  Ever stand behind a family of 4, or more, while dad is trying to bring up everyone's docs!

• Like 1