How did I get these perks?

A few months before the cruise, I called to see if I could pay for an upgrade. The cruielune agent said we could have a complimentary upgrade. Nice! Inside to an ocean view free.

Then, I noted we had  an onboard credir of $400 on the booking. iq wasn't going to question it.

When we boarded, we found out we had the beverage package, free gratuities and free internet. How did ths happen? The 15 day transatlantic was only $1800 to begin with for two. So, we got all that for $1800. It was a great cruise, only half full. I'm not going to reveal the more upscale cruiseline's name because I don't want my fellow passengers to be upset. And the ship was only half full! We met another couple who experienced the same thing but they were upgraded at check-in to a concierge balcony! The other couple also had no idea how this happened.

This has never happened before. It was our 25th+ cruise but first time with this cruiseline.

• Like 2

maybe there  was a sale  on  & they just  gave you the new deal

Why not mention the name ???

Oceania  has a good sale on now for certain cruises   & will give those already booked the new pricing  with some restrictions

Maybe X  was giving pax  a deal  as well

Well, since Celeberity is the only line that has concierge cabins as a booking category, I think the OP has let that cat out of the bag. OP, are you sure you didn't choose (perhaps by accident) the "Always Included" option when you booked?

• Like 2

You do realize that anyone can look at your recent past posts and work it out?  😱😉

Some lines more readily give out upgrades than others. I've found Celebrity somewhat generous in that regard. However, I also (through several years of Covid cancellations and rebookings) got upgraded by HAL for my recent Japan cruise. First I got a crazy amount of OBC, then a cabin upgrade, then they added the "Have It All" package on top (free drinks, several complimentary meals, shorex credits, etc.)

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, mom says said:

Well, since Celeberity is the only line that has concierge cabins as a booking category, I think the OP has let that cat out of the bag. OP, are you sure you didn't choose (perhaps by accident) the "Always Included" option when you booked?

Oceania also has Concierge category bookings.

I didn't book with the offered perks. I can't imagine a $900 pp for 15_days with those perks and $200 pp obc. It obviously got coded differently when the agent gave us the free upgrade. The drink package is wasted on us since we drink maybe one a day if they are free.