Celebrity Apex - Favourite Restaurant

Nicole&Pete

Hello all,

We will be on our first edge class ship and as there is a choice of 4 restaurants, we plan to try them all, but we wondered if anyone has a favourite restaurant out of the 4 complimentary restaurants to choose from?

Any of the 4 MDRs can work, the menus are not limited to the individual room.  We stayed in 1 MDR all week, mostly with same wait staff, but ordered off any of the 4 menus.  Might take an extra few minutes when ordering something not on your physical dining room.

Some nights we ordered an app from one, an entree from another, and the dessert from a 3rd menu, none of which was on the card for where we were seated.

We've done this earlier this year on both Edge and Apex.

Edited by evandbob
  • Like 1

Just now, evandbob said:

Any of the 4 MDRs can work, the menus are not limited to the individual room.  We stayed in 1 MDR all week, mostly with same wait staff, but ordered off any of the 4 menus.  Might take an extra few minutes when ordering something not on your physical dining room.

Some nights we ordered an app from one, an entree from another, and the dessert from a 3rd menu, none of which was on the card for where we were seated.

We've done this earlier this year on both Edge and Apex.

Thank you. I didn’t realise you could do this so that’s good. How did you see the menus of the other dining rooms, was it on the app or something?

6 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hello all,

We will be on our first edge class ship and as there is a choice of 4 restaurants, we plan to try them all, but we wondered if anyone has a favourite restaurant out of the 4 complimentary restaurants to choose from?

Tuscan was my favorite on the Edge - I love the decor and everything about it.

I did enjoy Cyprus more than I thought I would.

Normandie felt a little too stuffy for me personally. Cosmopolitan was ok, but the server brought the wrong thing out (they had 2 dishes with the same protein - one had breading and one was gluten-free) in spite of me verifying the one I wanted was the gluten-free one and specifying I was gluten-free. I didn't really feel safe going back to that one after that.

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Normandie felt a little too stuffy for me personally. Cosmopolitan was ok, but the server brought the wrong thing out (they had 2 dishes with the same protein - one had breading and one was gluten-free) in spite of me verifying the one I wanted was the gluten-free one and specifying I was gluten-free. I didn't really feel safe going back to that one after that.

Thanks very much that’s really helpful

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thanks very much that’s really helpful

On the Edge last summer, we booked in at all four to see which one we liked best. 

This will be subjective, but we liked the decor in Tuscan the best- it felt like an upscale, contemporary restaurant. Cyprus was a little dark for our liking, and the other two felt like regular MDR (pretty, but nothing special). 

I also really liked the pasta dish in Tuscan, though as someone has said, you could get it in any restaurant.

We also had the BEST service ever on a cruise in Tuscan and were able to switch our reservations to our preferred time in this server’s section for the rest of the cruise. We did have the luxury of a half-full ship though.

I would suggest booking all four for the first days of the cruise and seeing which one you like best. I really enjoyed having smaller MDR with different “feels,” even when the menu is essentially the same.

We've tried all four MDRs on both Edge and Apex. Our dining experience on each cruise has been unique, because each cruise has had a different composition of passengers and crew. Excepting a couple dishes specific to individual MDRs, the menus are the same in the four MDRs. We have never become exclusively attached to one MDR. As @InTheDrinksaid, this is all subjective, so you will be the best served by trying all four MDRs to determine which appeals most to you. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by Silkroad

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

we agree, based on EDGE, our favorite is TUSCAN..love the smaller size , ambiance, decor, art    music..great views.  Food and  persinal service  was top notch..

2nd fav is Cyprus,   also smaller  feels  cozy..also good food and service!

the larger ones are ok but have more 2 seats along in a row.. not very private..In Cosmo..they serve breakfast and lunch..may be better time to experience it  but do not miss the art and collections... Normandie also interesting for at least one visit.

• Like 2

Just now, InTheDrink said:

On the Edge last summer, we booked in at all four to see which one we liked best. 

This will be subjective, but we liked the decor in Tuscan the best- it felt like an upscale, contemporary restaurant. Cyprus was a little dark for our liking, and the other two felt like regular MDR (pretty, but nothing special). 

I also really liked the pasta dish in Tuscan, though as someone has said, you could get it in any restaurant.

We also had the BEST service ever on a cruise in Tuscan and were able to switch our reservations to our preferred time in this server’s section for the rest of the cruise. We did have the luxury of a half-full ship though.

I would suggest booking all four for the first days of the cruise and seeing which one you like best. I really enjoyed having smaller MDR with different “feels,” even when the menu is essentially the same.

Just now, Silkroad said:

We've tried all four MDRs on both Edge and Apex. Our dining experience on each cruise has been unique, because each cruise has had a different composition of passengers and crew. Excepting a couple dishes specific to individual MDRs, the menus are the same in the four MDRs. We have never become exclusively attached to one MDR. As @InTheDrinksaid, this is all subjective, so you will be the best served by trying all four MDRs to determine which appeals most to you. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks both,

So if I try all 4 for the first 4 nights I should be able to book the other nights whilst onboard based on which restaurant I like the best? 

Just now, hcat said:

we agree, based on EDGE, our favorite is TUSCAN..love the smaller size , ambiance, decor, art    music..great views.  Food and  persinal service  was top notch..

2nd fav is Cyprus,   also smaller  feels  cozy..also good food and service!

the larger ones are ok but have more 2 seats along in a row.. not very private..In Cosmo..they serve breakfast and lunch..may be better time to experience it  but do not miss the art and collections... Normandie also interesting for at least one visit.

So Cosmo and Normandie are larger restaurants? Maybe not as cozy feeling?

1 hour ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thanks both,

So if I try all 4 for the first 4 nights I should be able to book the other nights whilst onboard based on which restaurant I like the best? 

i would suggest booking all nights in advance.. you can change or cancel on board  but at least you have res secured

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicole&Pete said:

So Cosmo and Normandie are larger restaurants? Maybe not as cozy feeling?

generally yes...but on our last cruise night we had an amazing quiet corner table in Cosmo..great service..not very crowded on the last night

4 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thanks both,

We have tried both strategies, and we prefer turning up whenever we feel like dining (knowing we may wait for a table if we do so during the busiest times). That said, if you want to consistently dine around 7:00 in order to make it to the later show, you’re better off making reservations. When we sailed with friends who wanted to dine around 7:00, we booked the restaurants in advance. Our goal was to try each MDR at least twice on our 15-night TA. As @hcat says, one can change/cancel reservations after boarding. On Apex this past December, we didn’t bother with reservations. If the first restaurant we chose had a long line, we walked to a restaurant without a line.

Edited by Silkroad

Just now, Silkroad said:

We have tried both strategies, and we prefer turning up whenever we feel like dining (knowing we may wait for a table if we do so during the busiest times). That said, if you want to consistently dine around 7:00 in order to make it to the later show, you’re better off making reservations. When we sailed with friends who wanted to dine around 7:00, we booked the restaurants in advance. Our goal was to try each MDR at least twice on our 15-night TA. As @hcat says, one can change/cancel reservations after boarding. On Apex this past December, we didn’t bother with reservations. If the first restaurant we chose had a long line, we walked to a restaurant without a line.

That’s good to know thank you

When we did our last October Edge trans-Atlantic, we rotated among the 4 MDRs. I didn't really see much difference other than they twik the menus a little. Enjoyed the food in all 4 of them. 

On 5/9/2023 at 4:58 AM, Nicole&Pete said:

Hello all,

The best experience we had was simply due to staff. I found the locations to be very similar and it’s possible to order from any of the 4 menus in each of them

Just now, Torfamm said:

The best experience we had was simply due to staff. I found the locations to be very similar and it’s possible to order from any of the 4 menus in each of them

Great thanks, when you found a waiter you liked, did you try and get them again?

35 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Great thanks, when you found a waiter you liked, did you try and get them again?

The maitre ‘d let us know that if we wanted to commit to 7:30 instead of 7:00 every night he would arrange for us to have the same table. 

Just now, Banjo said:

When we did our last October Edge trans-Atlantic, we rotated among the 4 MDRs. I didn't really see much difference other than they twik the menus a little. Enjoyed the food in all 4 of them. 

Nice thank you!

1 hour ago, tinaincc said:

We have a group of seven adults cruising, are there any of the four restaurants that would be easier to accommodate a table of this size?

If I remember correctly, each restaurant had larger tables. How many are in each might vary, due to dining room size.

• Like 1