Caribbean Princess coming to Port Canaveral in 2024!

Dawniepoo

hate to say it but ... Princess goes to a new 'homeport' and sends one of its' oldest ships ... not sure

how it will be accepted by 'new' cruisers to Princess when compared to more 'family friendly' ships already ported there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avonlady6390 said:

I'm happy half the time to get to port since I live in Central Florida although I wish they would do more 4 and 5 day cruises for a quick getaway.

agreed - but other cruise lines already doing those from PC

OMG OMG OMG !!!
I’m so excited for this news.  FLL is so far away, and I’ve enjoyed Caribbean Princess in the past. It has everything I love about Princess, with none of the stupid zipline-waterslide-ice rink nonsense — and now in my backyard. I am absolutely thrilled. 

7 hours ago, PrincessDano said:

Having never been to Port Canaveral, what is the proximity of hotels/airport to the port and restaurants etc?  TIA 

Diane

They have a couple of each.

Cheers

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

hate to say it but ... Princess goes to a new 'homeport' and sends one of its' oldest ships ... not sure

how it will be accepted by 'new' cruisers to Princess when compared to more 'family friendly' ships already ported there.

Hope it stays empty for us!

Cheers

7 hours ago, PrincessDano said:

Having never been to Port Canaveral, what is the proximity of hotels/airport to the port and restaurants etc?  TIA 

Diane

There’s a Holiday Inn on the beach that is across the street from where the Mardi Gras docks at terminal 1 but lots of other choices in close proximity to the port. Also some fun restaurants at the port where you can watch the ships sail away.

• Like 1

The closest airport would be Orlando to fly in it's about 45 minutes away from port Canaveral I would think princess will have transfer shuttles to the port. There is also a Radisson very close to the port and an off port parking lot too.

Super excited about this. I know it is an older ship. However, I am sure they are testing the market. I used to sail Princess often when I lived in Fort Lauderdale but quit sailing them because I moved near Port Canaveral and Iam not a fan of the drive down or the port itself. I think Princess brings a more upscale presence to what is currently in Port Canaveral. Royal Caribbean food has drastically gone downhill and caters to families and Carnival is like a box of cracker jacks...you will get a surprise each time, but you just don't know what it will be. I am confident Princess will be successful and will quickly allow them to bring a new ship shortly after.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

It's really time for (not so) grand to go.

There's a current thread on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers board about just that (a 'rumor' about the Grand being sold to P&O Australia):

11 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Super excited about this. I know it is an older ship. However, I am sure they are testing the market. I used to sail Princess often when I lived in Fort Lauderdale but quit sailing them because I moved near Port Canaveral and Iam not a fan of the drive down or the port itself. I think Princess brings a more upscale presence to what is currently in Port Canaveral. Royal Caribbean food has drastically gone downhill and caters to families and Carnival is like a box of cracker jacks...you will get a surprise each time, but you just don't know what it will be. I am confident Princess will be successful and will quickly allow them to bring a new ship shortly after.

Nice synopsis.  Made me smile!

Cheers

20 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

Orlando International Airport is a short drive (30-45 minutes) linked by the Beach Line Expressway.

Orlando Sanford International and Orlando Melbourne International are also fairly close (Melbourne may be the closest, only 20-25 miles). They are smaller airports that Orlando has bought/taken over management for. Daytona Beach International is about an hour away also. But usually MCO (Orlando proper) will have the cheapest flights.

1 minute ago, RedIguana said:

Orlando Sanford International and Orlando Melbourne International are also fairly close (Melbourne may be the closest, only 20-25 miles). They are smaller airports that Orlando has bought/taken over management for. Daytona Beach International is about an hour away also. But usually MCO (Orlando proper) will have the cheapest flights.

hard to beat Allegiant prices out of Sanford - jump on the 417 then take a left on the beachline.

beware - Allegiant may not fly everyday, and most days it is a single flight to/from various cities, so you really have to consider potential delays...

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 10:35 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Now I get to trawl through this board to see what I might like (or dislike) about Princess...

Take what you read in this forum with a big grain of salt!  You know how forums are...you tend to get more of a negative slant because people just like to complain! (Human nature.)  There's a lot to like about Princess.  We consider it our "go to" cruise line.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, capriccio said:

There's a current thread on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers board about just that (a 'rumor' about the Grand being sold to P&O Australia):

That seems to be where old princess ships go to die.

Just a stop-off on the way to Alang.

(no commentary on Australia ... just an observation of what has happened over time)

12 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Princess has updated the document with the other Caribbean cruises that will go on sale on the 24th to include the Port Canaveral cruises.

Thanks @azbirdmom. I heard about the new homeport yesterday on YouTube and went to the princess site to try to book and found nothing there yet. I will have to be patient and wait until May 24th I guess.

I sailed on Coral Princess to Alaska in 2003. Ready to try Princess again when she sails from my closest port!

Edited by BAYA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BAYA said:

Thanks @azbirdmom. I heard about the new homeport yesterday on YouTube and went to the princess site to try to book and found nothing there yet. I will have to be patient and wait until May 24th I guess.

I sailed on Coral Princess to Alaska in 2003. Ready to try Princess again when she sails from my closest port!

You're welcome!  Here's the times that booking will open (from the letter sent to my TA):

image.png.cd15a31c06f1fd3d672304d2321dcc0f.png

Please excuse me if this has been brought up previously.

I just read about Princess making a home port out of Port Canaveral starting November 2024.

I checked Princess website and nothing, no posted cruises for those dates and Port Canaveral not even listed.

3 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

Please excuse me if this has been brought up previously.

I just read about Princess making a home port out of Port Canaveral starting November 2024.

I checked Princess website and nothing, no posted cruises for those dates and Port Canaveral not even listed.

Caribbean Princess coming to Port Canaveral in 2024! - Princess Cruises - Cruise Critic Community