No Alcohol in any UK ports - what! 😱

ziggyuk

The current policy with princess Plus from their website, 15 per day limit on drinks with alcohol. I will keep checking for updates cutbacks etc

"The package has a daily limit on alcoholic beverages of 15 beverages over a 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.)."

42 minutes ago, anniegb said:

I thought the 15 a day limit only applied to alcoholic beverages on HAL's Signature Package not the Elite Package ??

You could very well be right - but it still indicates a possible trend in the 'base' package T&Cs.

18 hours ago, PJL1973 said:

Good to hear that drinks were served in Southampton today on the NCL Star. However for me the damage has already been done. I was one of the passengers on the now infamous 'prohibition' cruise and while I could accept it being an admin muck up / new regulations on the embarkation day, it very much all turned sour when the promise that it wouldn't happen again when we were scheduled to be in Belfast failed to materialise. After that I concluded that I no longer could trust anyone's word within the cruise line unless it was backed up by a typed message with the NCL logo. To be fair this only applied to the senior ship members, the bar staff themselves were non-committal (probably because they themselves probably didn't know).

Given the situation, I concluded that I did not want to spend any more money on NCL until I knew for sure that the situation had been resolved to my satisfaction, which never happened whilst on board. So although I failed to reclaim the gratuities that some have suggested (not an unreasonable option IMO) nor filed a complaint while on board, I also decided not to take out their Cruise Next offers, which arguably is the greater damage to them, as it now means I no longer have any deposits with the company and therefore do not have any 'skin in the game' to tie me into making further cruise holiday purchases with them. As a result I am now looking at booking cruises with other lines now, whereas had this been resolved before Belfast, I would have definitely booked at least one more cruise, if not more with NCL.

I agree so much! I have a cruise with Getaway in june coming up (3th NCL Cruise) and I am so disappointed with NCL. This outrageous Non-serving in Southampton and now this "Only Beer & Wine when in port" in Livorno and other ports. If they had told me before I bought my Cruise fair enough but this sudden sign at the bar is not okay. I tried to push other people on Facebook to complain but they called me a troublemaker and alcoholic and so on. Now I see what happens on my cruise, if they do this "Only Beer and wine" Policy i am done with NCL. I have tried almost all (Main stream) Cruise lines and all are good on their own way. I chosed  NCL this time because of the FAS and upgraded to Plus package, but if they not deliver and lie to me I will go to another Cruise line that treat me with decency and respect. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Krydstosser said:

If they had told me before I bought my Cruise fair enough

Couldn't agree with this statement more. I think all most people are asking for is transparency so they have a fair opportunity to adjust expectations and/or make plans with alternate vacation providers. Many people work hard for their vacations and hours of planning are involved. People don't like unexpected surprises, especially surprises that can be avoided. I am not talking about port cancellations due to safety or the occasional mechanical failure. 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This will fade away by next month. 

I and most others will certainly continue to sign up for the free drink package.

NCL still provides the best cruise experience for many/most of us here.  If you're not among us, then best wishes on whatever cruise line you choose.

Agreed, I love it when people (like the poster to whom you responded) presume to speak for everyone. I predict that "most" people won't even remember this a month from now, and those who've vowed to boycott the cruise line will be replaced by new passengers. This will blow over in no time. Besides, anyone who says "[fill in the blank] line is better than NCL" are going to find that either the competition costs a lot more (like Princess) or has its own issues. Be that as it may, if people are dissatisfied with NCL and want to take their business elsewhere, then that's something they should do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mingo said:

Rules to live by:   No good deed goes unpunished and The grass is not greener on the other side, it's just grass.

...and my favorite, "If they did it someone else, they'll do it to you, too."

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, anniegb said:

I thought the 15 a day limit only applied to alcoholic beverages on HAL's Signature Package not the Elite Package ??

The Signature Package is 15 drinks per day, including non-alcoholic drinks.

Elite Package does not have a non-alcoholic limit.

I know this well, as I worry my soda and specialty coffee consumption plus alcohol on Westerdam will push the limits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Krydstosser said:

I agree so much! I have a cruise with Getaway in june coming up (3th NCL Cruise) and I am so disappointed with NCL. This outrageous Non-serving in Southampton and now this "Only Beer & Wine when in port" in Livorno and other ports. If they had told me before I bought my Cruise fair enough but this sudden sign at the bar is not okay. I tried to push other people on Facebook to complain but they called me a troublemaker and alcoholic and so on. Now I see what happens on my cruise, if they do this "Only Beer and wine" Policy i am done with NCL. I have tried almost all (Main stream) Cruise lines and all are good on their own way. I chosed  NCL this time because of the FAS and upgraded to Plus package, but if they not deliver and lie to me I will go to another Cruise line that treat me with decency and respect. 

The sad thing is, all they had to do was apologise and offer a good will gesture of a little bit of on board spend on current or future cruise and we also would have booked future cruises / credit. Negligible cost but good customer relations. This is the way all the other cruise lines work in my experience. NCL seem to be lacking very basic management skills

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

Dawn is in Portland UK today.  Anyone on the Dawn?  Can you let us know if the issue has been resolved for the Dawn.  I am cruising on Dawn June 3 and will let our roll know how things are going.

Tom

This is the last of the port that has had previous issues.

Did read the Dawn pax have been given $50pp for missing Stornaway.

40 minutes ago, Chayn said:

Have just received an email from NCL offering 50% of prepaid service charges.

hmm just adds to the confusion if crew actually get this money, as they are taking away from crew to cover their blunder if the money indeed goes to crew

An on board credit or refund to form of payment would have been better

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RVACruiser43 said:

Dawn is in Portland UK today.  Anyone on the Dawn?  Can you let us know if the issue has been resolved for the Dawn.  I am cruising on Dawn June 3 and will let our roll know how things are going.

Tom

Yes, Tom. I’m onboard at the moment, docked in Portland - no issues with getting a drink for those with the beverage package - and it seems for those without it too (no signs up in the bars). Hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Back on Topic. I received a call from my NCL CC this morning. She wanted to advise that she had gotten a letter late yesterday stating that going forward anyone who has the drink package will be served liquor in all ports. She said it was a letter from upper management. Whoever that is….anyway I thanked her for the info. Hopefully it’s fixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

Back on Topic. I received a call from my NCL CC this morning. She wanted to advise that she had gotten a letter late yesterday stating that going forward anyone who has the drink package will be served liquor in all ports. She said it was a letter from upper management. Whoever that is….anyway I thanked her for the info. Hopefully it’s fixed.

Thank you but what about the cruisers who PAYG for their alcohol??