Celebrity Air Question

annandme

Hello,

I successfully booked my flights for my upcoming cruise using the "Flights and More" section for my reservation at celebritycruises.com.  When I now look at my reservation in the "Flights and More" section now, I see my flights correctly listed there.

I now want to do some research to see if the prices for my current flights have gone down or if there are other flights now available that better suit our schedule.  However, I do not see a way of doing this research online within the "Flights and More" section. 

Can somebody either 1) direct me to how I can do this online or 2) tell me that the only way to do this is by telephone?

Thanks.

When I book with FBC I always call to book it seems from my experience there are more flights available than just those that show on line.  I generally find the flights I want via the airline website and then call to see if FBC has better pricing.

• Thanks 1

You can run a "mock" flight viewing itineary of your cruise as if you were going to book and select flights.  I did this recently as a direct flight option was available.  I also have done what jelayne said and researched my own flight options outside of FBC and called direct.  image.thumb.png.b39e9171558e7aef1d69ea89abcd6b09.png

36 minutes ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

You can run a "mock" flight viewing itineary of your cruise as if you were going to book and select flights.  I did this recently as a direct flight option was available.  I also have done what jelayne said and researched my own flight options outside of FBC and called direct.  image.thumb.png.b39e9171558e7aef1d69ea89abcd6b09.png

Great suggestion!  I was very hopeful when I saw your post, however, my cruise is on the Millennium in Japan in March next year and Celebrity is no longer posting this cruise in their list of available cruises.

Drat!

13 minutes ago, annandme said:

Great suggestion!  I was very hopeful when I saw your post, however, my cruise is on the Millennium in Japan in March next year and Celebrity is no longer posting this cruise in their list of available cruises.

Drat!

Is it 100% sold out?  Are you sure the cruise wasn't canceled?  Hard to believe it is not listed any more. There is another Celebrity Thread about Celebrity canceling cruise for next year in Japan.

Edited by terrydtx

15 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Is it 100% sold out?  Are you sure the cruise wasn't canceled?  Hard to believe it is not listed any more. There is another Celebrity Thread about Celebrity canceling cruise for next year in Japan.

My reservation "appears" to have survived Celebrity's booking debacle as documented in 36 pages of posts in another section of Cruise Critic.  (Knock on wood.)

5 minutes ago, annandme said:

My reservation "appears" to have survived Celebrity's booking debacle as documented in 36 pages of posts in another section of Cruise Critic.  (Knock on wood.)

🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

not listed

It wasn’t the cruises that were cancelled, it was cabins that had been double booked and some of those people were cancelled

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Be very careful about making any changes to your Celebrity Air reservation. I called yesterday to cancel/change our return flight. They were very helpful and changed it quickly to another airline. Luckily, I followed up by checking our outgoing flight and found that they canceled our entire reservation, not just the return flight. It took several calls to get everything settled. 

• Thanks 3

It has been a long time since we have used Celebrity air, but I did today.  I thought there would

be a cancel/change button on my booking of the air as is the case with Princess.

I watch the prices like a hawk in case it goes down.  Our cruise is 10 months away so it may 

drop.  Fingers crossed.  Anyone have good luck with calling them and having the price lowered on same flights??

I am nervous from reading @patty1955's having her reservation all goofed up.  

Hope to hear some positive outcomes!!!  

Any time you cancel or change a segment of the FBC booking, they have to cancel the entire booking and make all new reservations. I have used them a lot for the slightly better pricing (domestic) and the delayed payment. I like that we can change or cancel before final payment with no penalty. I always shop the airlines before calling and advise what flights I am interested in. Then I ask if they have another  suggestion. 

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Any time you cancel or change a segment of the FBC booking, they have to cancel the entire booking and make all new reservations. 

Well, in my case, they forgot to make the new reservations

4 hours ago, ROWSE said:

It has been a long time since we have used Celebrity air, but I did today.  I thought there would

be a cancel/change button on my booking of the air as is the case with Princess.

I watch the prices like a hawk in case it goes down.  Our cruise is 10 months away so it may 

drop.  Fingers crossed.  Anyone have good luck with calling them and having the price lowered on same flights??

I am nervous from reading @patty1955's having her reservation all goofed up.  

Hope to hear some positive outcomes!!!  

Have used FBC multiple times over a dozen years , even with changes there never been a problem

They always send an email while still on the phone and we are able to double check before ending the call 

They must get hundreds of bookings a day , there will always be one or two screw ups 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, jamscckmc said:

Are you able to pick your seats when you book your air through them or not till final payment?

I think it depends on airline used.  Mine was Alaska and Delta, and I was able to pick my seats.

On 6/15/2023 at 1:29 PM, patty1955 said:

Be very careful about making any changes to your Celebrity Air reservation. I called yesterday to cancel/change our return flight. They were very helpful and changed it quickly to another airline. Luckily, I followed up by checking our outgoing flight and found that they canceled our entire reservation, not just the return flight. It took several calls to get everything settled. 

3 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Well, in my case, they forgot to make the new reservations

I suspect there was a misunderstand.  If you want to add a return on a one way ticket or make a change to either flight, CA has to cancel the complete reservation and make a new one.  It looks like they cancelled your reservation per your request and only booked the one way.  I know it is kind of dumb,

This is why when I want to make a change, I call and cancel my air reservation. (I also prefer the Princess process where you can change and cancel on line.)  Then I enter a new reservation on line.  I always check the cost of booking direct with the airlines up to the final payment date.  I prefer to manage my flights directly with the airline unless I am saving a significant amount of money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

I suspect there was a misunderstand.  If you want to add a return on a one way ticket or make a change to either flight, CA has to cancel the complete reservation and make a new one.  It looks like they cancelled your reservation per your request and only booked the one way.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have misunderstood. I called and said I wanted to change the date of my return flight. They booked a return flight and cancelled my other flights. I understand what happened. Do you?

THEY are the professionals and should know what they're doing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Have used FBC multiple times over a dozen years , even with changes there never been a problem

They always send an email while still on the phone and we are able to double check before ending the call 

They must get hundreds of bookings a day , there will always be one or two screw ups 

This has been my experience as well.  I called a few days ago to get lower prices and was exactly as detailed above. Always check my email before ending the call.   Prices have now gone down again today so will be making another phone call.  

I wish it was more like HAL's flight ease....I can do it all myself online when there is a price change.  

• Like 1

I finally received my refund(not yet, but Celebrity assured me it is coming) from AA canceling my flight two months ago.  Of course I had to call several times, as they have to wait for the airline to respond and sometimes send several requests.  If I had my own tickets it would be returned faster due to being able to just do it on-line.  However, the customer definitely has to stay on top of everything nowadays!  Just a first world problem for many of us, like so many other things.  Keeping great records is a necessity!

Edited by Lastdance

23 hours ago, patty1955 said:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have misunderstood. I called and said I wanted to change the date of my return flight. They booked a return flight and cancelled my other flights. I understand what happened. Do you?

THEY are the professionals and should know what they're doing.

Sorry for my typo. 

You cannot change a return flight.  You have to cancel both the outgoing and the returning flights.  Therefore you were not actually changing your return flight.  You were cancelling both your flights and then rebooking both of your flights.  My point was there must have been a misunderstanding and they mistakenly thought you wanted to only rebook the return.  You were fortunate that your outgoing flight cost had not increased in price.  

You are correct that they should have known what they were doing and explained it better.  They should have asked if you still wanted the outgoing flight and given you the price. (Not assumed that you did not want the outgoing CA flight)

Of course it is always possible that I do not understand the CA process, but this has been my experience.  This is the reason that when booking CA flights I have to wait until the date that the return is available to book both ways.

Glad it worked out for you.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1