Two water questions for the Summit and Cape Liberty

Mr. Click

We are going back to Bermuda on the Summit in July and I am wondering if anyone who has been on the Summit out of Cape Liberty AKA Beautiful Bayonne knows 1, are they doing the canned water thing on board and 2.  are they allowing you to check a case of bottled water there?  DW does not like ship's water and everything I have read about the canned water says it sucks. In the past we have been able to check a case of water to have it onboard as we wanted.  Hoping that is still true.  Yes, I know it can get "lost" but it is worth risking a few bucks to try and get her what she wants.  Thanks in advance.

90% of the canned water tastes fine, 10% it can have a metallic taste but it isn't undrinkable

The problem with X's policy is they seemed to remove what's allowed on for drinks.  Past recent reports say carrying on plastic water bottles is fine, but it's unclear if that's X's policy

41 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

The water in metal screw top bottles tastes fine when cold, it only seems to acquire a slight metallic taste when it warms up.

Agree. IMO, if water is warm it doesn't taste good no matter if it's in a can, glass or plastic bottle. Gotta be cold for me. Also goes for beer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thanks for all of the info.  I guess I will just pick up a case of bottled water before we head to the port just to be safe.  In "the old days" we used to just pick up a few bottles during the Elite HH and we were good for the day.

Must be my taste but we found the canned water to have what I call an earthy, soil taste ... doesn't matter if it's cold or not. We have the premium package so we get either Aqua Panna in small bottles or San Pelligrino (yes, carbonated.) I truly appreciate the whole "save the earth" deal with canned water, but yuck.

I was on Summit April 26.  They had canned water (brand was Rain Water) for those with the Classic Beverage Package.  If you had the Premium Beverage Package you could get bottled water (brand was Aqua Panna).  I do believe the Aqua Panna water was in "short supply" in most bar venues.  The only place I saw Evian water was in out suite.  The suite had many large bottles of Evian but I only saw Aqua Panna (both large and small bottles) in bar areas along with the canned water.  To me, the canned water does not taste good at all.....whether it be ice cold or warm!

Regarding your question about bringing a case of water onboard with you.  I have not seen anyone doing that lately......but it does not hurt to try.  Worst case scenario is that the water will not be delivered to your cabin (so you'll be out a couple of bucks!)

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So it has been a few years since we cruised and from what I am reading we must pay for water now? We can't get if for free from the bar or dispensers? Also, we use to buy 6 packs of water on the ship. They no longer offer this service? What about iced tea or coffee? Are they available at a self-service station?

i do not think the " included in pacjage/ AQ  class  "water on Celeb is Spring Water.. the screw top bottles were  awful..have not tried the cans or looked at the label. 

1 hour ago, biebz said:

So it has been a few years since we cruised and from what I am reading we must pay for water now? We can't get if for free from the bar or dispensers? Also, we use to buy 6 packs of water on the ship. They no longer offer this service? What about iced tea or coffee? Are they available at a self-service station?

You do not have to pay for water.  It is available in the dining rooms, the OVC and the taps in your cabin.  I've never asked for a glass of water at a bar, but I'm sure they would have some.  They no longer offer a "water package" as such.  Coffee, tea and other non-carbonated soft drinks are still available in the OVC and the dining rooms.

2 hours ago, biebz said:

So it has been a few years since we cruised and from what I am reading we must pay for water now? We can't get if for free from the bar or dispensers?

tap water is available for free.  Bottled and canned water are not free.  Coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade and some juices and juice drinks are available for free in the buffet

Also, we use to buy 6 packs of water on the ship. They no longer offer this service?

correct

Thanks for tge updates. Ships water is not an option because someone is sure it is too salty so that is that. I will just print a few extra luggage tags and bring my roll of clear tape and hope for the best.   

6 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I liked the aqua panna and San Pelegrino. The cans were fine. Can't stand Evian, would rather drink the ships water as long as it is ice cold.

I feel the same way about Evian! Have never liked it. But I liked the ship’s aluminum water bottles just fine. 

Just got off Summit in Bayonne 5-13, we took a case of water( in duffle bag that we checked at pier) several 1 L bottles of water for sister and Perrier for me, that we carried on.  No issues. I didn’t mind their metal bottled water cold. I didn’t really have to use the Perrier, they had club soda on Elite and Classic beverage package, so could have left that at home. we also bought some larger bottled water in our ports to tide us over on our 10 day trip