Shareholder OBC

skrufy

That far out is usually not approved...BUT, I applied for a Sept 2023 cruise and a March 2024 cruise, and both were approved. I assume because the OBC has been approved through July 2024.

There was a huge thread on the topic very recently.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

The current sailing deadline for Shareholders Credit is July 31, 2024.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Thanks for your responses. We are veteran cruisers on Carnival. This is our first Holland  America cruise. On the zCarnivsl board a few months ago Guest Admin was asking to not send any requests before 90 days of your cruise. 

1 hour ago, JeffElizabeth said:

Wish we had bought our shares now when they are so cheap! 

What's stopping you? I wish I'd bougth the shares now rather than in Jan 2020 LOL 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

We are January 2024 and it was approved a couple of months ago.

Can you apply so early? I planned to apply somehere in March 2024, just after final payment and within the 4 weeks period Carnival mentions in their publications. 

18 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Can you apply so early? 

If you're booked by 28th Feb 2024 (or before), and your sailing date is 31st July 2024 (or before), you can make your application now.    Scott. 

image.thumb.png.5feb42e6d186766798c75939bb8ccddd.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MAVIP said:

Can you apply so early? I planned to apply somehere in March 2024, just after final payment and within the 4 weeks period Carnival mentions in their publications. 

There seems no point though - I would wait until you've paid in full and are sure you're going on the cruise 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used to submit them really early. Now I usually wait until 1-2 months out. I cancel and rebook so much it is not worth doing too soon, plus if you have a category change it will wipe the shareholder benefit out and you have to submit it again. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zgscl said:

I used to submit them really early. Now I usually wait until 1-2 months out. I cancel and rebook so much it is not worth doing too soon, plus if you have a category change it will wipe the shareholder benefit out and you have to submit it again

I didn't realize that (although we have never changed category) but good to know in case we ever try for an upgrade. 

3 hours ago, zgscl said:

I used to submit them really early. Now I usually wait until 1-2 months out. I cancel and rebook so much it is not worth doing too soon, plus if you have a category change it will wipe the shareholder benefit out and you have to submit it again. 

category change?  I’ve had upsells and never lost the shareholder OBC?  Am I misunderstanding you?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

I didn't realize that (although we have never changed category) but good to know in case we ever try for an upgrade. 

I just recently did an upsell and it was only maybe 5 days before the cruise.  I would have been in deep trouble if it had wiped it out.  I didn’t.  Maybe what was meant is if you booked and got an oceanview than decide on your own to change to a balcony, you would get more obc.  Other than that I don’t know why it would change or clear it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kazu said:

category change?  I’ve had upsells and never lost the shareholder OBC?  Am I misunderstanding you?

I changed from an SC guarantee to SA about two months back and lost the OBC for shareholder. I resubmitted and they applied it again. Maybe I was just lucky. 

4 hours ago, zgscl said:

I changed from an SC guarantee to SA about two months back and lost the OBC for shareholder. I resubmitted and they applied it again. Maybe I was just lucky. 

Was there any chance your booking number changed when you changed categories?

• Like 2