Cruise Director Questions

CJANDH

1 hour ago, CJANDH said:

Does anyone know who the CD is currently on Silver Dawn? Also, does anyone know if Ricco has rejoined Silversea? He is one of our favorite CDs.

Hi, I know Rico was on board recently as a friend of mine sailed Muse around Japan and he was the CD.

53 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I know Rico was on board recently as a friend of mine sailed Muse around Japan and he was the CD.

Yup, he is definitely on the Muse at the moment. 

Last year Bruno was ass cruise director on the Dawn aside mrs Vicky van Tassel.

I recently was on the Dawn and he was cruise director and told me he still would be on board when i will do my next cruise on the Dawn dep  22nd July.

We just got off the Silver Moon, and had Roy Perez as CD.  His trivia was hill ariou us  ( and that is not a mis- spelling - it is how Roy says it !! )  we had a great 54 days on the moon with him  as CD 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I just love that name, Vicky van Tassel.  She is not a drag artiste, by any chance?😉

Lola

Miss Vicki is from New York  and was a Rockette  on 6th Ave in NY !  She is FANTASTIC , knows how to run a show,  she can sing and dance,  but can also be one tough woman,  so dont mess with her !  

A GREAT addition to the SS family  and a great CD to boot,  hope we get to travel with her again soon ❤

Edited by rojaan19
  • Like 3

Back in November, Bruno was promoted from assistant CD to CD on the Dawn despite being a bit young and nervous about it. The Dawn needed a new CD because Vicki, who had been it, was going off to do the world cruise on the Whisper - and despite all we know and like about Vicki, she was VERY nervous about doing that!

Edited by jollyjones

Pretty apparent that a number of seasoned CDs decided during the Covid pandemic it was time to retire.  Two we had sailed with a lot had already told us they were pretty close to hanging it up before the pandemic so while disappointed we were not surprised to hear they indeed had retired.   

19 hours ago, lincslady said:

I just love that name, Vicky van Tassel.  She is not a drag artiste, by any chance?😉

Lola

When I first heard her surname, I did think at first it was said as a stage name or just for fun.

Such a dry sense of humour and as someone said, she is not someone I'd like to come up against in an argument!

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2023 at 4:23 PM, jollyjones said:

Back in November, Bruno was promoted from assistant CD to CD on the Dawn despite being a bit young and nervous about it. The Dawn needed a new CD because Vicki, who had been it, was going off to do the world cruise on the Whisper - and despite all we know and like about Vicki, she was VERY nervous about doing that!

I recently did the Rome - Civitavecchia to Lisbon on the Dawn and Bruno did a great job!!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 2:26 PM, rojaan19 said:

We just got off the Silver Moon, and had Roy Perez as CD.  His trivia was hill ariou us  ( and that is not a mis- spelling - it is how Roy says it !! )  we had a great 54 days on the moon with him  as CD 

We sailed with RP ... I found him to be a pain in the butt! He was using a prepared script ...  change the day and fill in the blanks🙄

His outrageous claim to fame was announcing the next day's itineray over the PA .... over dinner ..  into La Terrazza ... and upsetting several people. I understand that he was advised accordingly.

• Like 1

Well we do love Miss Vicki. So much so that on the Dawn last August when officers were being advised not to mix too closely with guests in Covid's hopefully last gasp I was incorporated into her show as the fall guy for one of her jokes.

But on the last night she had dinner with us which put a few noses out of joint.

We have though met quite a few that really don't like her.

The same goes for Roy Perez. A bit hard to take at first but he does grow on you. At Trivia after the first segment at trivia we were referred to as my mama and papa from Australia. But if he didn't like my very witty comments then we were the Australian mafia.

In the end I did get to like him a lot. But a lot don't. Just the way of the world.

I am so glad we are all different as if we weren't it would be a very boring world.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 12:14 PM, MBP&O2/O said:

We sailed with RP ... I found him to be a pain in the butt! He was using a prepared script ...  change the day and fill in the blanks🙄

His outrageous claim to fame was announcing the next day's itineray over the PA .... over dinner ..  into La Terrazza ... and upsetting several people. I understand that he was advised accordingly.

These announcements reciting the day's activities are essential on Silversea.  Although the program is outlined in detail in the Chronicles, and the publication is provided to each suite, it is widely understood that very few Silversea guests know how to read.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Observer said:

These announcements reciting the day's activities are essential on Silversea.  Although the program is outlined in detail in the Chronicles, and the publication is provided to each suite, it is widely understood that very few Silversea guests know how to read.

Hmmm... one of our reasons for sailing Celebrity was the lack of PA use.  Noon position announcement, notification of customs clearance for disembarkation at ports, occasional crew fire drills, and that was about it.  REALLY hope the microphone isn't abused on our first SS sailing.  It changes the whole tenor of the cruise.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Hmmm... one of our reasons for sailing Celebrity was the lack of PA use.  Noon position announcement, notification of customs clearance for disembarkation at ports, occasional crew fire drills, and that was about it.  REALLY hope the microphone isn't abused on our first SS sailing.  It changes the whole tenor of the cruise.

Hi, see the last line of that post you quoted.......we can all read LOL.....and in all my sailings, I have found the PA system not used very often at all. Yes, for the usual, muster and crew drills and sometimes other things but no, it is not usually used on a "regular basis".

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, see the last line of that post you quoted.......we can all read LOL.....and in all my sailings, I have found the PA system not used very often at all. Yes, for the usual, muster and crew drills and sometimes other things but no, it is not usually used on a "regular basis".

I agree. The PA system is not overworked on Silversea.  Depending on the captain but some captains make a daily noontime position report others don’t.   The CD will sometimes follow him with entertainment information for the day and evening but again not always.  Certainly not the same as on Holland America where they frequently hawked things like t-shirt sales by the pool, art auctions, gold by the inch, etc., etc.