Symphony leaving Triest

ctjon

15 hours ago, May B said:

Any movement is progress, as far as I’m concerned!

And this is big progress Muriel. Because it is a very important milestone.

The start of the dry dock for Serenity is another critical step to take care of those items which have to be done in dry dock and before sea trials can begun and soft voyages leading up to the inaugural cruise.  

Great news.

Keith

• Like 4

Saw that - interesting that it is in the same location/dock as before but now facing the opposite direction.  At the same time - Symphony out of dock was switching facing direction.  Symphony had this direction switch also a few months ago.  So they dry dock when bow pointed in and aren't when bow facing sea.

2 hours ago, ctjon said:

Saw that - interesting that it is in the same location/dock as before but now facing the opposite direction.  At the same time - Symphony out of dock was switching facing direction.  Symphony had this direction switch also a few months ago.  So they dry dock when bow pointed in and aren't when bow facing sea.

Not necessarily.  In 2006 Symphony was docked in Norfolk and I happened to be on Blount's Grande Mariner on a cruise on the Intracoastal Waterway from New England to Florida and stopped at Norfolk, just across the bay from Symphony's Bow.

Roy

• Like 1

Thrilled that Serenity has entered dry dock because it is only 60 days until my cruise.

and if you think that is not possible, it absolutely is. 
Can’t count any days left in May as there are so few remaining. Only 30 days in June and only 30 days in July because who the heck counts July 31st anyway? And sure, there are some days in August before I board, but  those don’t count as vacation mode will already be full throttle. 
Ah….60 days!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Not necessarily.  In 2006 Symphony was docked in Norfolk and I happened to be on Blount's Grande Mariner on a cruise on the Intracoastal Waterway from New England to Florida and stopped at Norfolk, just across the bay from Symphony's Bow.

Roy

Just meant in Triest - again Symphony was switched to bow in a couple of months ago while Serenity was bow out - now a long with the announcement that Serenity is in dry dock they get their directions switched again.  Maybe how those docks are set up

1 hour ago, ctjon said:

Just meant in Triest - again Symphony was switched to bow in a couple of months ago while Serenity was bow out - now a long with the announcement that Serenity is in dry dock they get their directions switched again.  Maybe how those docks are set up

I don't think it really matters in a drydock.  I am pretty Symphony is at a regular dock and probably switches periodically depending on which parts of the ship they are working with.

Roy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I don't think it really matters in a drydock.  I am pretty Symphony is at a regular dock and probably switches periodically depending on which parts of the ship they are working with.

Roy

Roy you are correct.

Only Serenity is in the dry dock.Symphony would likely go into dry dock around a month from now.

Keith

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, StoryMag said:

Thrilled that Serenity has entered dry dock because it is only 60 days until my cruise.

and if you think that is not possible, it absolutely is. 
Can’t count any days left in May as there are so few remaining. Only 30 days in June and only 30 days in July because who the heck counts July 31st anyway? And sure, there are some days in August before I board, but  those don’t count as vacation mode will already be full throttle. 
Ah….60 days!