New Suite Deposits Effective June 1, 2023

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The breakfast menu is the same as it is on any ship but I felt like the service was remarkably attentive. We'll be back on in August.  I'm hoping it is still the same.

I do wish they had the breakfast burritos and/or the breakfast power wrap like they have the in MDR.  

I am assuming I could ask for them, but don't want the crew to have to fuss with special requests.  

28 minutes ago, twangster said:

Looks like refundable deposit is still an option for JS

image.thumb.jpeg.38021da4795c09d804f0821cc7a94769.jpeg

Unfortunately if you carry that all the way through the invoice will show as non refundable.  IT just hasn't changed the template.

Here is a screenshot of a "refundable booking for a JS just done on cruising power (at $1000 more per person).

Note that in the cruise fare line items it does not have the NRD after the description however in the details at the bottom it states that it is non refundable.

image.thumb.png.1416aa207cbac402a269689958c7dbba.png

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately if you carry that all the way through the invoice will show as non refundable.  IT just hasn't changed the template.

Here is a screenshot of a "refundable booking for a JS just done on cruising power (at $1000 more per person).

Note that in the cruise fare line items it does not have the NRD after the description however in the details at the bottom it states that it is non refundable.

On the public website how do you obtain an invoice without paying a deposit?

Seems like if they offer refundable and only after you pay the deposit they inform you that it is actually NRD, that seems like it's misleading.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

Seems like if they offer refundable and only after you pay the deposit they inform you that it is actually NRD, that seems like it's misleading.  

Definitely misleading and you could certainly cancel within 24 or maybe 48hours but you would have to have noticed that on the invoice, not sure they would let you 3 months later.

How much of a price difference was the one you looked at.  Mine was $1000 per person, not sure too many folks are going to book refundable at that premium

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

When you find out after the monetary transaction I would say it goes beyond misleading....

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This invoice looks like you can change your ship and/or sail date for a fee of $100.  I could live with the that because I usually do a change if I find I can't sail on a cruise I have booked.  

50 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How much of a price difference was the one you looked at.  Mine was $1000 per person, not sure too many folks are going to book refundable at that premium

I did a dummy JS booking and the refundable deposit was half the cruise fare.

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 5.10.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 5.08.51 PM.png

On 6/8/2023 at 6:07 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

So… if it switches back to NRD, does the rate also drop to the lower rate, or is RC just getting extra cash for nothing 🤔

6 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

So… if it switches back to NRD, does the rate also drop to the lower rate, or is RC just getting extra cash for nothing 🤔

To quote Shakespeare;

"...ay, there’s the rub!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twangster said:

This photo is so misleading.  

The ship was docked when the poorly maintained funnel burst into flames.  

What's misleading about it? Surely if the ship was in motion, the smoke would billow out in a more rearward direction instead of staying relatively stationary like is shown in the photo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 4:08 PM, orville99 said:

Absolutely true on non-CK ships. Perks tilt in favor of suites on CK ships.

Hello.

I've chosen this post to respond to as it contains the work 'perks' - and more about that later.

I can can foresee one or two things happening as a result of this policy: We play a game of 'chicken' and wait until we are as near as certain, even until after final payment date, that we will go ahead with a specific cruise to book it for fear of the loss of deposit. This may get Royal worried and increased numbers/reduced upgrade bids for cabins will appear on RoyaUp to fill the suites. Alternatively we may book any non-suite cabin and rely on the RoyalUp process to bid for a suite.

What will flow from that will come the question of 'Perks' and what you get/don't get via RoyalUp and what you think you SHOULD get having 'just paid for a suite'. The rules say you get, via RoyalUp, 'amenities' but not 'promotions'. I don't understand what the differences are and, anyway, here an 'amenity' is where I go on a Saturday morning to take the trash the roadside collectors do not take away - including the contents of my cat's litter tray. I think the dust hasn't settled on this one yet.

If I may mention MSC, you get all the benefits (I word I *do* understand) of the new experience via the upgrade process as if you had booked that in the first place.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, cublet said:

What will flow from that will come the question of 'Perks' and what you get/don't get via RoyalUp and what you think you SHOULD get having 'just paid for a suite'. The rules say you get, via RoyalUp, 'amenities' but not 'promotions'. I don't understand what the differences are

When you Royal Up (from a non-suite to a suite), you don't get the extra point that you get when booking a suite.

On 6/8/2023 at 7:39 PM, SherriZ366 said:

This invoice looks like you can change your ship and/or sail date for a fee of $100.  I could live with the that because I usually do a change if I find I can't sail on a cruise I have booked.  

We booked a suite for 2025 a few days ago and were told we would not lose the deposit if we changed the ship / sailing...

14 minutes ago, yyzcruising said:

We booked a suite for 2025 a few days ago and were told we would not lose the deposit if we changed the ship / sailing...

You technically don't loose the deposit but you pay a penalty of, I think, $100 per person. I might be wrong on the amount.

• Like 2