Has Anyone Cruised With a Group Called Abraham Hicks?

marshacruises

I just found out that there is a group on our scheduled cruise in September.  The group is Abraham Hicks.  I have never heard of them and just wonder what to expect with the group on our cruise.  I have been other cruises where there are groups and have had only one unpleasant experience where the group would try to kick people out of bars or other areas, saying that they had reserved the room/bar for themselves.  We found out from crewmembers that it was not true.  All other groups were usually in the theater or other areas that don't have any other "public" events scheduled at the time.  I also have learned a lot from the members of the groups when we would be seated near them, it has been a learning experience too.

Maybe this group...

This cruise??

Abraham-Hicks Vortex of Attraction Hawaii Cruise

Nine-Night Cruise:
September 22, – October 1, 2023

Abraham Hicks is the name of a non-physical entity that is channelled by Esther Hicks. Their teachings are said to be about the law of attraction. Esther describes them as “a group of non-physical entities who present themselves as Abraham, and who speaks through a process known as channelling.”

Abraham-Hicks Law of Attraction workshops are offered in around 25 cities each year as well as two or three cruises or international cities. These workshops are the ideal way to learn from Abraham and are the basis of all the recordings offered by Abraham-Hicks Publications.

Edited by RTShaker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a bad experience when a large corporation took over half the ship.

I personally would pass on the Hicks cruise.

Abraham Hicks is the name of a non-physical entity that is channelled by Esther Hicks. Their teachings are said to be about the law of attraction. Esther describes them as “a group of non-physical entities who present themselves as Abraham, and who speaks through a process known as channelling.”

• Like 2

I was on Equinox this March when an Abraham Hicks group was on board.  The only real issue is they had most of the MDR reserved for early dining so it was tougher to get a table.  Group was around 900; less people in the solarium and pool ares during the day as they were at seminars/workshops.  Cafe al Bacio had long lines when the group had breaks.  Group was pretty diverse as far as age was concerned, some young children.  One couple that we met on an excursion stressed that they were not a cult (although we thought they sounded like they were).  Some of the events that are usually held in the theater during the day were held in alternate venues - Celebrity Central,etc., so seating was a little tougher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Maybe this group...

This cruise??

Abraham-Hicks Vortex of Attraction Hawaii Cruise

Nine-Night Cruise:
September 22, – October 1, 2023

Abraham-Hicks Law of Attraction workshops are offered in around 25 cities each year as well as two or three cruises or international cities. These workshops are the ideal way to learn from Abraham and are the basis of all the recordings offered by Abraham-Hicks Publications.

Doesn't that sound like a lot fo fun!  Not.  But I guess if they are non-physical, they shouldn't take up a lot of room.  Hopefully, "channelling" means non-verbal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 39august said:

What ship and date is this, please? Hope not ours on EQ Sept.24!

Looks like you are safe, it is Solstice on Sept. 22.

I'm not that bothered what the nature of the group is, but I'd never knowingly cruise with any large group onboard as they inevitably impact on the enjoyment of the facilities by others, due to their tendency to cluster.

• Like 2

Sounds like a group I would not want to sail with. But regardless I hate to sail with any large group. We had a lot of issues on a group cruise on Reflection some time ago. Couldn't get reservations in specialty restaurants at all. Bars were often jammed with groups and you couldn't get a seat. At the same time, I will admit sometimes groups aren't an issue.  Sailed with a 700 person LGBTQ group on Apex and the only issue was getting seats in the Martini bar area. 

• Like 1

Yes, we did cruise on the same ship as the Abraham Hicks group in early April 2019 on a 7-night Caribbean cruise on the almost brand new (at that time) Celebrity Edge. They numbered about 1000 people, so about 1/3 of the ship. 

While we did have a fun cruise and enjoyed ourselves, there were a few observations that I will share about the dynamic and flow of the ship:

1) Apparently it is important for them to try to get a really good seat for their meeting or even to make it into some kind of ‘hot seat’, so before their meetings there would be long lines of people in front of the theatre and down the hallway for a long ways. This bogged down the hallway areas for a bit each of their meeting days, just had to walk around a bunch of people. Because they were using the theatre a lot, I also think there were less ‘regular guest’ events in the theatre. 
2) We learned the first day that their meeting would end at 5:00, and at 5:01 pm - the martini bar would be JAMMED with all of them arriving, needing seating, drinks, etc….they filled the area and stayed for a long time, so if we wanted a seat at the martini bar or good service, we had to change our cruise evening ‘plan’  to arrive at the Martini Bar by 4:55pm.

Cafe al Bacio would also be JAMMED in the time period before their meetings starting.

3) They seemed to wear their name tags on lanyards most of the time, so you’ll notice them, and it seemed they often hung out with other AH people. We overheard some conversations about ‘how am I going to bring all this wonderful enlightenment back to my life at home?’ and such, but nothing inappropriate.

One of the days, we ended up on a Celebrity snorkeling excursion with a big group of AH people and they were respectful and nice, though we seemed to be some of the only ones not in their group on that excursion.

I will say there was a slight advantage to them being there, because areas of the ship (like the pool) would seem less crowded when they were in their meetings. I assume most of them attended all the meetings; I think they pay a lot of money to attend these meetings.

I personally would not be too interested in cruising with them (or any large group) again, just because of the flow and ‘clustering’ that occurs (another comment stated it that way).

You can search on “Abraham Hicks cruise dates” and find out what dates they will be cruising. They seem to choose Celebrity. Looks like they will be on the Reflection 10-night Greek Islands and Malta cruise from July 17-27, 2023 ….the Solstice 9-night Hawaii cruise from Sept 22-Oct 1, 2023 for the rest of this year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

Looks like you are safe, it is Solstice on Sept. 22.

I'm not that bothered what the nature of the group is, but I'd never knowingly cruise with any large group onboard as they inevitably impact on the enjoyment of the facilities by others, due to their tendency to cluster.

Is it this Sept 2023? I am on the Solstice Sept 2024 

I just looked it up and it says Sept 2023 it just happens to be the same dates.

Edited by sdnich

Gosh ... we're on that cruise!

I know a couple of people who follow Abraham-Hicks ideas. Both are pretty serious about improving their lives and constantly seeking something better. Not preachy.

But good to know about other people's experiences with the martini bar and Cafe al Baccia. We'll start our drinking early! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, marshacruises said:

I just found out that there is a group on our scheduled cruise in September.  The group is Abraham Hicks.  I have never heard of them and just wonder what to expect with the group on our cruise.  I have been other cruises where there are groups and have had only one unpleasant experience where the group would try to kick people out of bars or other areas, saying that they had reserved the room/bar for themselves.  We found out from crewmembers that it was not true.  All other groups were usually in the theater or other areas that don't have any other "public" events scheduled at the time.  I also have learned a lot from the members of the groups when we would be seated near them, it has been a learning experience too.

How do you find out what groups may be on a particular cruise?

• Like 3

I also cruised with a group onboard about 5 years ago.  As others have said, they were mostly in meetings during the day so other venues weren't crowded. It seems to me they had their own excursions, which were duplicates of excursions that the other guests could book. I also got the impression that a lot of them are solo cruisers.  I was sailing solo and was asked quite a few times if I was with them (which I wasn't).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best to avoid large groupsbif any kind.. unless it is  educational seminars all day..Other groups are cliquey by  the nature of their common interest..and take over areas . dining, pools, bars etc  They often garner special attention of crew and staff!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, amevola said:

How do you find out what groups may be on a particular cruise?

I found out about the groups from joining the Cruise Critic Roll Call for our specific cruise.  I also have joined another (not to be named) social media group for this cruise.  I have learned a number of details about the cruises I scheduled from just reading or asking questions on those sites.  The people who mentioned this cruise asked if anyone on our roll call was with their specific group.  There was also a post from one of the scheduled Beyond the Podium speakers.  

7 hours ago, WeBcruisingMN said:

Yes, we did cruise on the same ship as the Abraham Hicks group in early April 2019 on a 7-night Caribbean cruise on the almost brand new (at that time) Celebrity Edge. They numbered about 1000 people, so about 1/3 of the ship. 

While we did have a fun cruise and enjoyed ourselves, there were a few observations that I will share about the dynamic and flow of the ship:

1) Apparently it is important for them to try to get a really good seat for their meeting or even to make it into some kind of ‘hot seat’, so before their meetings there would be long lines of people in front of the theatre and down the hallway for a long ways. This bogged down the hallway areas for a bit each of their meeting days, just had to walk around a bunch of people. Because they were using the theatre a lot, I also think there were less ‘regular guest’ events in the theatre. 
2) We learned the first day that their meeting would end at 5:00, and at 5:01 pm - the martini bar would be JAMMED with all of them arriving, needing seating, drinks, etc….they filled the area and stayed for a long time, so if we wanted a seat at the martini bar or good service, we had to change our cruise evening ‘plan’  to arrive at the Martini Bar by 4:55pm.

Cafe al Bacio would also be JAMMED in the time period before their meetings starting.

3) They seemed to wear their name tags on lanyards most of the time, so you’ll notice them, and it seemed they often hung out with other AH people. We overheard some conversations about ‘how am I going to bring all this wonderful enlightenment back to my life at home?’ and such, but nothing inappropriate.

One of the days, we ended up on a Celebrity snorkeling excursion with a big group of AH people and they were respectful and nice, though we seemed to be some of the only ones not in their group on that excursion.

I will say there was a slight advantage to them being there, because areas of the ship (like the pool) would seem less crowded when they were in their meetings. I assume most of them attended all the meetings; I think they pay a lot of money to attend these meetings.

I personally would not be too interested in cruising with them (or any large group) again, just because of the flow and ‘clustering’ that occurs (another comment stated it that way).

You can search on “Abraham Hicks cruise dates” and find out what dates they will be cruising. They seem to choose Celebrity. Looks like they will be on the Reflection 10-night Greek Islands and Malta cruise from July 17-27, 2023 ….the Solstice 9-night Hawaii cruise from Sept 22-Oct 1, 2023 for the rest of this year.

We were on the same cruise.  The Martini Bar was jumping at night as there were a significant number of single men also cruising.  This group didn’t bother us at all and they did provide for some interesting evening entertainment.

• Like 4