Food quality sucks!

FireEMT978

11 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I respect alternate perspectives. I shared a belief of mine that has served me well and thought it might be helpful to others, especially if lost in the negative.

Sorry you see it otherwise.

I respect alternate perspectives too. If that particular belief were shared by someone who has nothing, it could be inspiring to others. But when it's shared by someone who employs personal staff to cater to their day-to-day needs, it's at best pollyanna-ish and out of touch, or at worst, downright insulting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
20 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I respect alternate perspectives too. If that particular belief were shared by someone who has nothing, it could be inspiring to others. But when it's shared by someone who employs personal staff to cater to their day-to-day needs, it's at best pollyanna-ish and out of touch, or at worst, downright insulting.

And that is your perspective, which I also respect.

Peace to you.

13 hours ago, OriginalBoat said:

Wait, are you saying they took the french onion soup off the classic menu too?

The French Onion soup was certainly on the classic menu every evening when we were on the Eclipse 

17 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Nailed it!

Since the status of non-Retreat is atrocious, change cruise lines or buy the Retreat.

Then, we can finally get back to chair hogs and pier runners!

C'mon already!

🦖

So funny, to be sure...

Yet, we are not in the Retreat due to costs, yet we find the veranda's and service throughout the ship to be mostly very good...

Over the years the issues have been minimal, to be sure.

I do appreciate your perspective, regardless...

bon voyage

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
6 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

So funny, to be sure...

Yet, we are not in the Retreat due to costs, yet we find the veranda's and service throughout the ship to be mostly very good...

Over the years the issues have been minimal, to be sure.

I do appreciate your perspective, regardless...

bon voyage

TY, Bo.

Very kind of you. We're all on the same ship, after all.

On 5/30/2023 at 11:14 AM, RichYak said:

it's at best pollyanna-ish and out of touch, or at worst, downright insulting

Just get a better attitude!. Pretend you are Dick van Dyke, put on a happy face, and all troubles magically disappear! Helps to have lots and lots of money, of course! And animation, too.

• Haha 2

On 5/30/2023 at 4:58 PM, Bo1953 said:

What is the reason to wait so long??? LOL

bon voyage

Picking haven't been good lately.  And then I'd have to pass on before I got another chance.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2023 at 10:21 PM, 4-2-N-8 said:

Nailed it!

Since the status of non-Retreat is atrocious, change cruise lines or buy the Retreat.

Then, we can finally get back to chair hogs and pier runners!

C'mon already!

🦖

This comment really makes me mad, PG version of words I would really say, that tells me you have zero clue about us 3rd class passengers. We sail insides by CHOICE, and for the deals we are getting Celebrity is a great deal even with the cutbacks this year. It does sound like they started to add some back after our cruise in February. I would make the opposite case though that with the rising retreat costs and the cutbacks that the retreat value isn't worth it and its time to potentially switch lines. We saw this on this on Disney way back in the day when they decided to double the suite class prices one year to the next and we were out of those rooms and eventually Disney.

Heck be thankful you still get one free lobster on X, when we sailed HAL this year, to get the lobster it was an upcharge. Sailing HAL opened our eyes, it was very nice and would do it again, but X is definitely better line at the inside/oceanview level. For special diets like gluten free, X is unmatched.

Edited by cgolf1
  • Like 3

Guest 4-2-N-8
57 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

This comment really makes me mad, PG version of words I would really say, that tells me you have zero clue about us 3rd class passengers. We sail insides by CHOICE, and for the deals we are getting Celebrity is a great deal even with the cutbacks this year. It does sound like they started to add some back after our cruise in February. I would make the opposite case though that with the rising retreat costs and the cutbacks that the retreat value isn't worth it and its time to potentially switch lines. We saw this on this on Disney way back in the day when they decided to double the suite class prices one year to the next and we were out of those rooms and eventually Disney.

Heck be thankful you still get one free lobster on X, when we sailed HAL this year, to get the lobster it was an upcharge. Sailing HAL opened our eyes, it was very nice and would do it again, but X is definitely better line at the inside/oceanview level. For special diets like gluten free, X is unmatched.

Some are gluten free.

I'm gripe free (except when it comes to chair hogs).*

*I gripe on behalf of everyone when it comes to chair hogs. I'm just trying to be helpful.

🦖

Our last three Celebrity cruises in 12/22, 2/23 and 5/23 were on one each of the three classes of ships. Referencing BLU fare only for breakfast and dinner, the food was wonderful on two of the three. On a third, not so much. French Onion soup was plentiful. Figured I would throw that in since it has become a hot topic on this thread. However, had there been no French Onion soup nor Aged Prime Rib to go with my finest garb, the food would have been adequately palatable and certainly sustainable.

Celebrity food does not suck. Occasionally there is a misstep. If you can't find other dining opportunities that will satisfy your palate and your cravings, bring a self-made bagged lunch / breakfast //dinner. Can't go wrong there and you only have yourself to blame. In the meantime, enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Our last three Celebrity cruises in 12/22, 2/23 and 5/23 were on one each of the three classes of ships. Referencing BLU fare only for breakfast and dinner, the food was wonderful on two of the three. On a third, not so much. French Onion soup was plentiful. Figured I would throw that in since it has become a hot topic on this thread. However, had there been no French Onion soup nor Aged Prime Rib to go with my finest garb, the food would have been adequately palatable and certainly sustainable.

Celebrity food does not suck. Occasionally there is a misstep. If you can't find other dining opportunities that will satisfy your palate and your cravings, bring a self-made bagged lunch / breakfast //dinner. Can't go wrong there and you only have yourself to blame. In the meantime, enjoy your cruise. 

Many of us wish we had your palate.  Thanks you sharing your opinion, many on here have the exact opposite opinion

10 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Many of us wish we had your palate.  Thanks you sharing your opinion, many on here have the exact opposite opinion

And many others on here have the same opinion. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Nuts - You don't want my palate. You would then have no reason to be cranky, ornery and contrary. Those are the qualities that endear you to so many. Never lose them, they won me over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2023 at 11:21 AM, OysterD said:

And as for complaints about a $50 upcharge for specialty dining...has anyone seen the prices of equivalent restaurants on land these days? 50 is a bargain. At the SW steakhouse at the Wynn a soup, 8oz filet with carrots and fries will cost you $140 before tax and tip. A bowl of pea soup is $24. If you want a second bowl of pea soup that will be another $24. If you want 2 bowls of soup and a salad and two main courses in a specialty restaurant on a Celebrity ship it's all included in your $50. 

But you don't pay $50--you pay whatever your "already included in the MDR" price PLUS the $50.  You already paid for dinner--so it's an extra $50, not just $50.  That probably under $140, but it's not just $50, either.

• Like 1

I am so grateful for all the insight into the potential of the Celebrity MDR food offerings. I’ve read every post and appreciate every viewpoint. We have not cruised X since 2010 but have booked a fantastic 7 day Pacific Coastal coming up in October that we are extremely excited about. Five port days!! The itinerary has scooped us away from Princess and we will be sailing with no Elite benefits or shareholder credit but we still don’t care. If we expect the worst but hope for the best, it is a good philosophy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Random Cruizer said:

But you don't pay $50--you pay whatever your "already included in the MDR" price PLUS the $50.  You already paid for dinner--so it's an extra $50, not just $50.  That probably under $140, but it's not just $50, either.

rc - in an earlier time, space and place I could readily endorse your approach and thought on this, in fact I do now, yet most of us who 'choose' to do SD do so with the full knowledge that we have paid for the MDR and OVC and other venues which have no additional charge(s) to use.

As such, it is not about the money, to a great degree, it is about wanting to do something different on a particular night and do not mind the additional $$'s as we may have NROBC to burn, as such it becomes even more worth it. Especially in a space that we may enjoy, along with the food.

If no, OBC and we want to do it, we do it...

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tipofthehook said:

I am so grateful for all the insight into the potential of the Celebrity MDR food offerings. I’ve read every post and appreciate every viewpoint. We have not cruised X since 2010 but have booked a fantastic 7 day Pacific Coastal coming up in October that we are extremely excited about. Five port days!! The itinerary has scooped us away from Princess and we will be sailing with no Elite benefits or shareholder credit but we still don’t care. If we expect the worst but hope for the best, it is a good philosophy. 

A terrible philosophy, actually. Why would you not expect anything but an overall enjoyable cruise? That just makes no sense to me. Letting comments on CC determine your pre-cruise mindset is foolish. So, you will get on the ship expecting the worst. You are already leaning that way, perhaps your expectations will be met. Perhaps they should be. Either way, you will not be disappointed.

• Thanks 1