Jamie’s Italian

I’m curious as to much how you’re allowed to order. I’m not planning on going crazy, but I’m hoping my mom and I can order the garlic bread and then also have an appetizer each. Then I’m assuming one pasta or main, one side and a dessert. Am I close? Lol TIA!

Jamie's is our embark day lunch every cruise for the three of us! We start with the plank, then get three apps, share two pasta's and all three get the burgers. Trust me, they want you to eat! 🙂 

PS......garlic bread is the bomb! Gotta get those for sure! 

Edited by TYMAN
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, mmtska said:

I’m curious as to much how you’re allowed to order. I’m not planning on going crazy, but I’m hoping my mom and I can order the garlic bread and then also have an appetizer each. Then I’m assuming one pasta or main, one side and a dessert. Am I close? Lol TIA!

Not close at all.   The meat plank alone is a huge appetizer for two.  Then at least two or three of the regular appetizers, 1 main and a table sharing extra pasta dish, several deserts if you want. I am a big guy and a big eater, I walk out of their stuffed to the brim. At times we have been able to table share a second main dish. 

• Like 2

@TYMAN and @taglovestocruise are right and my experience is usually the same there is. I always make it our embarkation lunch.  We share an appetizer but they'd let you order more.  We each order a main and we share pasta.  One time we hinted at being undecided about which pasta and our server brought both.  I've never order more than one dessert but based on my experience with other things I suspect they'd give as much as you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Never ate at Giovanni’s, but here was the meat plank and a few appetizers from our cruise on the anthem in March
image.thumb.jpeg.690969929b4cdd362397ade181b74afe.jpeg

They seem to have made a few changes to the lunch menu on Anthem since we were on at the end of April. For example, the garlicky prawns appetiser has gone and the mains are not all the same as they were either.

51 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

They seem to have made a few changes to the lunch menu on Anthem since we were on at the end of April. For example, the garlicky prawns appetiser has gone and the mains are not all the same as they were either.

Burger has gone too

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

37 minutes ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Burger has gone too

Wow those are significant changes. Bummer.  I think we had two if the prawn appetizers and my FIL had the burger 

4 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Never ate at Giovanni’s, but here was the meat plank and a few appetizers from our cruise on the anthem in March
image.thumb.jpeg.690969929b4cdd362397ade181b74afe.jpeg

Great picture, and that is just the appetizers.  Had the Jamie Burger last oct. on Quantum, is was pretty darn good.  I have never seen Tiramisu served the way it was at Jamies, it was a real treat.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Jamies has a pretty decent burger for lunch. Goes great with ice cold Negroni.

IMG_6064.thumb.jpeg.bca76e1b5f12fb141b36f6a495d40603.jpeg

Suite restaurant has a decent burger on rccl , I like breakfast and lunch in suite restaurant but not dinner will do UDP will do lunch in some specialty on sea days .  Like that since beer and wine don’t count against our five free drinks.

Edited by George C

I could probably make a meal on JUST apps there lol. Thanks for the information! The chances of us ordering that much food is slim, but I'm glad for more than one appetizer 🙂

13 minutes ago, skyepatch said:

Anyone have a picture of the new menu? No menu in the app.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Set the app to the current sailing (not yours), or any other ship - it should be there.

Exactly this. I can't see it in my upcoming July sailing on Anthem but I can see it by going into Anthem's current sailing.

39 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Set the app to the current sailing (not yours), or any other ship - it should be there.

In case people don’t know how to do this, you go into the app and click the little person icon in the top, right as in the first photo, then choose “select a different cruise” as circled in the second photo. Then scroll to the bottom, where it says ”Browse our ships” then click the ship and sailing date that you would like.  Then find the dining venue are interested in and look at the menu.  This works for the bars and MDR as well.

image.thumb.jpeg.82a3502fe22de79bedb517f1b66d78ed.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.54f1919db17bfc7210ed1e8f10a266ac.jpeg

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 5:17 PM, FionaMG said:

On 5/25/2023 at 6:09 PM, adamtoonarmy said:

Burger has gone too

I wonder if it is because it is sailing out of Europe now?. I checked the quantum, the sister ship, and it is still offering both of those items for its Alaska itineraries right now.

8 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I wonder if it is because it is sailing out of Europe now?. I checked the quantum, the sister ship, and it is still offering both of those items for its Alaska itineraries right now.

I suppose it could be but when we were on Anthem last September in Europe the menu was the "old" one, so the same as the one we had in April out of NJ.

5 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

In case people don’t know how to do this, you go into the app and click the little person icon in the top, right as in the first photo, then choose “select a different cruise” as circled in the second photo. Then scroll to the bottom, where it says ”Browse our ships” then click the ship and sailing date that you would like.  Then find the dining venue are interested in and look at the menu.  This works for the bars and MDR as well.

image.thumb.jpeg.82a3502fe22de79bedb517f1b66d78ed.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.54f1919db17bfc7210ed1e8f10a266ac.jpeg

Thank you for this!  I booked the Jamie's Italian Lunch on our cruise in a little over a week and the burger was the deciding factor.  I'm not big on Italian food but DH is, but I do like a good burger so this works for both of us.  I'm happy to see the burger is on the menu for our cruise.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 2:38 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Here were our entrées BTW.  It took a good two days before we didn’t feel so full. For real.  It was a LOT of food.  I will hold back next time 

image.thumb.jpeg.929101bf266a3eb4b49e856d7644a871.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.eb720ab3158ad0edd3489c822a9de159.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0ab6f5f28ee09248d4fd1e557f020707.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.340dd64bea1f2ec408b1c9cb83e7a7b4.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.279bcb005280864feba4c1f00ddc5bb6.jpeg

This definitely confirms that I'm going to be rolled off of the ship the last morning lol. This helps-I seriously am considering just getting all the apps and sharing an entree with mom. Luckily I'm not a huge dessert person, so if I can't handle one, it won't be missed hahah 

• Like 1