Traveling with 1 year old and 2 and 1/2 year old

roverix

We are traveling with extended family and a 1 year old and 2.5 year old. Any suggestions you can give us to make the trip easier would be appreciated. How did you get milk for bottles? The 2.5 year old will not be sleeping in a crib. Any suggestions in keeping him in the sofa bed? Assume the dining room will help with getting the food they like to eat (veggie, fruit, soft meats, pastas). I'm sure there are many things we are not even thinking about. Appreciate your help. We will be on the Horizon in August.

10 hours ago, roverix said:

We are traveling with extended family and a 1 year old and 2.5 year old. Any suggestions you can give us to make the trip easier would be appreciated. How did you get milk for bottles? The 2.5 year old will not be sleeping in a crib. Any suggestions in keeping him in the sofa bed? Assume the dining room will help with getting the food they like to eat (veggie, fruit, soft meats, pastas). I'm sure there are many things we are not even thinking about. Appreciate your help. We will be on the Horizon in August.

I would try building a pillow barrier around the bed to keep the child from rolling off. Though If he’s a climber, that won’t stop much. Milk is available in the buffet and you can order it in the MDR as well. Ask for extra to take with you. Cruising with people that age will present a fair share of challenges. Wishing your travel group smooth sailing. 

10 hours ago, roverix said:

Just an FYI...you'll find lots of very good tips and tricks on the Family Cruising forum.  Here's the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/28-family-cruises/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Many years ago, we took our 3-year-old. We had a great time. Milk is always available in the Lido area although you may have to ask for it. (We did that in November to get some for our cookies at 10:00 pm.) My main suggestion is to bring some umbrella strollers instead of the monster strollers many people bring. They are a lot easier to store and maneuver around the ship and ports. (We didn't bring on but did rent one from the ship.) 

we used pool noodles under the sheets.   The upper bed has a railing   but we put pillows there once she went to sleep.      Strollers   espeically at night time      decl3 for after dinner and let them run around out there.   Hardly any one is there   and they can go no where-- let them burn off that energy from dinner time      Milk is at the lido buffet-  take enough cartons to get you through the day-     replenish the next day.   Fridge is a cooler not a refrigerator so milk may spoil 

utilize the camp for an hour in the morning /;afternoon    maybe after dinner for the 2 year old  

• Like 2

My daughter took her 2 yr old this March. Knowing he would not be able to use the pool unless potty trained, they bought the train your child in 3 days book and went at it. I just laughed, ya right, a boy at two trained in three days.

Well, they got him trained within a week. Made cruising so much happier for a little fella that loves the water and wanted to play in the pool.

MDR was pretty much a bust. They had a hard time getting him to sit still, so spent most of the time eating elsewhere.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, roverix said:

There is a  kid's menu but if what they like isn't on it, they aren't making it.  They won't puree. 

image.thumb.png.73c96db8f855e0ccc8a1dac236dbb521.png 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 8:00 PM, roverix said:

They will have fat reduced milk at the buffet, and make sure to bring tylenol and motrin just in case of any illness.