Good News - Suite deposits

Decided to start a new thread since the other one veered off course.

It looks like some information that I posted about the suite deposits was incorrect.  While the deposit is still 10% of the cruise fare and that is non refundable and fully lost of cancelled there still is the ability to change ship and sail date for a $100 per person fee.

Not sure if I had been given wrong information or if something changed between then and now but I did a mock booking this morning on a suite and while the deposit was indeed 10% the wording on the invoice and website still has the $100 change fee listed.

image.thumb.png.a5ca3fe8a42ff9f9d388f23bce283b72.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

@Ourusualbeach any ideas on what happens to existing suite bookings (booked prior to today) where additional passengers need to be added? Would the deposit amount then increase at the original per person deposit rate or would the 10% rule then be applied?

Just did thst exact thing this morning.  It follows the old rules. 

In my case no additional deposit was needed since it had been moved into a group. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just did thst exact thing this morning.  It follows the old rules. 

In my case no additional deposit was needed since it had been moved into a group. 

Does adding a passenger trigger a reprice or is there just an addition of an extra passenger and the fares for the other passengers stay the same?

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Does adding a passenger trigger a reprice or is there just an addition of an extra passenger and the fares for the other passengers stay the same?

The only time I have ever had a cabin repriced when adding an extra passenger is if you have a double occupancy cabin and are adding a third, as you then have to change cabin categories.

If you have 3 in the room and the room holds 4 or in the case of rooms that hold up to 8 all additional guests are added at the same rate as the third guest even if the rates have increased. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 2