Airfare

Snorkeler Gal

What is  the cost of fare  from London to Copenhagen? 

Then add that onto the r/t fare  ...is it still a lot cheaper?

Do the math  then do what works best  for you

1 hour ago, Snorkeler Gal said:

Anyone flying back to Copenhagen, then home? One way, non-stop flights from London to Chicago are over $1,800.  Crazy!  Back to RT is cheaper, like before Covid.

Even during Covid, I never found one-way fares cheaper than RT on international flights. Plenty of times during Covid I had to pay ridiculous one-way fares...well, my clients did 🙂

2 hours ago, Snorkeler Gal said:

Anyone flying back to Copenhagen, then home? One way, non-stop flights from London to Chicago are over $1,800.  Crazy!  Back to RT is cheaper, like before Covid.

I don't think it's that roundtrip is necessarily cheaper than two oneways, but rather than flights departing the UK have extraordinarily high taxes/fees.

Of course, since we have London and Copenhagen and Chicago all mentioned, but without any details of what routings we are talking about AND what dates are involved, any kind of rational discussion becomes nearly impossible.

Any reason we don't know your specifics?  Or is this just ranting without wanting assistance?

3 hours ago, Snorkeler Gal said:

One way, non-stop flights from London to Chicago are over $1,800.  Crazy!

One-way long-haul tickets have traditionally always been crazily expensive.

On the assumption that you want to fly from Chicago to Copenhagen on 10 July 2023, and then London to Chicago on 26 July 2023, a quick and dirty search on ITA Matrix showed flights for less than $1,350 for ORD-HEL-CPH // LHR-ORD.

If you can defer flying from London to Chicago until 27 July 2023, it'll be cheaper than that.

As it appears from your posting history that you're doing a Copenhagen to Southampton cruise, you don't need a one-way ticket. You need either an open-jaw ticket (ORD-CPH and LON-ORD), or a round-trip ticket to either CPH or LON then a one-way ticket between the 2. Check out the various combinations to see what works best for you both price and schedule-wise.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Twickenham said:

As it appears from your posting history that you're doing a Copenhagen to Southampton cruise, you don't need a one-way ticket. You need either an open-jaw ticket (ORD-CPH and LON-ORD), or a round-trip ticket to either CPH or LON then a one-way ticket between the 2. Check out the various combinations to see what works best for you both price and schedule-wise.

Thanks for that research...the original post was not very clear if what you found is true.

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Thanks for that research...the original post was not very clear if what you found is true.

The OP is on a roll call for the 12 July 2023 Copenhagen --> Southampton sailing of Island Princesshttps://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile/856697-snorkeler-gal/content/

That was the source of my guesses that the flying dates would be about 10 July 2023 for Chicago --> Copenhagen and about 26 July 2003 for London --> Chicago.

I don't think that Chicago --> Copenhagen (or the reverse) can be done non-stop.

17 hours ago, Globaliser said:

I don't think that Chicago --> Copenhagen (or the reverse) can be done non-stop.

You are correct; there are no nonstops that I see for this routing at this time period.  But OP mentions nonstop from ORD-LHR and reverse, and there are nonstops for this routing.  But, I don't really know if they are asking any question, just complaining about the cost and saying RT pricing is cheaper, "like before COVID" but RT to Europe has pretty much always been cheaper (in most cases) than booking two one ways.

Edited by 6rugrats

9 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

But, I don't really know if they are asking any question, just complaining about the cost

Since the OP hasn't been back to clarify anything, I would suspect just a vent.  Another in a long line of posts with a ton of non-specifics.

• Like 2