The Eclipse is In Sad shape

Alex618

We just came off row Eclipse on the May 28th. She really needs to go into dry dock. I understand she was to go in in 2020 and that did not happen. Most of the furnishing are in bad shape.and soiled.  I can not begin to think how she will look in 2024. Excursions were good and service was outstanding.  But the cabin was shabby in no way luxuary.  We were in. Concierge 1.

Edited by Alex618
  • Thanks 1

• Alex618 changed the title to The Eclipse is In Sad shape
3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Dry dock is for major engine/hull/engineering/structural changes.  Upholstery updates and decor don’t  need a dry dock to accomplish.  New furniture doesn’t either.  

Well she needs to go somewhere for new furnishings. I thought she was going in to be Retrofitted like the Silhouette

For major updates - like new carpets - new uppolstery- etc. the ship usually get´s into drydock!

A few cosmetical updates may be done during the regular service- but just on the surface.

The condition the OP describes definatley needs a dry dock overhaul.

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Germancruiser said:

For major updates - like new carpets - new uppolstery- etc. the ship usually get´s into drydock!

A few cosmetical updates may be done during the regular service- but just on the surface.

The condition the OP describes definatley needs a dry dock overhaul.

Our sofa had a hole plus had dirty area that would not come off, balcony furnishing paint was all chipping off,  hole in carpet, large tears in shear drapes, and hole in dust ruffle.  Dining room furnishing are pealing.  Deck 5 chairs near coffee area and sushi arms dirty.  One lady tools me she had no shear drapes at all.  I don’t think this is Luxury. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Alex618 said:

Our sofa had a hole plus had dirty area that would not come off, balcony furnishing paint was all chipping off,  hole in carpet, large tears in shear drapes, and hole in dust ruffle.  Dining room furnishing are pealing.  Deck 5 chairs near coffee area and sushi arms dirty.  One lady tools me she had no shear drapes at all.  I don’t think this is Luxury. 

celebrity is not doing well at all. I don’t care what anyone else tells me on CC but there is a huge drop in standards. 

I am a big supporter of Celebrity and RCCL but will be looking else where now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Static events said:

celebrity is not doing well at all. I don’t care what anyone else tells me on CC but there is a huge drop in standards. 

I totally agree with you.  At Le Petit over New Year they served filet and a nice piece of fish.  This cries they served short ribs and a sliver of fish.  Not good for the price!  I think they are getting hurt on these all inclusive packages.  They have not raise the price.  With a husband who has two or three drinks a cruise and with us having free drinks 5-7, there new price does not make sense for us.  

I was very disappointed that next year's Iceland/Greenland sailings were assigned to the Eclipse vs. the revolutionized Summit as in the '23 and '22 voyages. 

We recently sailed on the Silhouette and, although our cabin was updated with new carpet etc., several key areas of the ship, such as the OV cafe, were not. 

Time for Celebrity to spruce up all the M and S class ships!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alex618 said:

I totally agree with you.  At Le Petit over New Year they served filet and a nice piece of fish.  This cries they served short ribs and a sliver of fish.  Not good for the price!  I think they are getting hurt on these all inclusive packages.  They have not raise the price.  With a husband who has two or three drinks a cruise and with us having free drinks 5-7, there new price does not make sense for us.  

I just had filet in Le Petit and it was great.  They vary the menus - perhaps they had other offerings other nights?

• Thanks 1

I think only the two M-Class ships (Millennium and Summit) got new cabin furnishings when revolutionized.  On other newer (S-Class) ships like Silhouette perhaps a few higher end suites.

• Thanks 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
5 hours ago, Static events said:

Where will you be looking?

5 hours ago, Static events said:

Try Virgin Voyages if you want good food

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I just had filet in Le Petit and it was great.  They vary the menus - perhaps they had other offerings other nights?

On my next two sailings, Summit in a couple more and the Eclipse a month later, both only show "Braised Short Rib of Beef", no filet any night.  No lobster offered either

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

On my next two sailings, Summit in a couple more and the Eclipse a month later, both only show "Braised Short Rib of Beef", no filet any night.  No lobster offered either

Don’t rely on the app for menus until you are on the ship.

We did a B2B on the Summit in April/May and lobster was offered on the last Evening Chic night on both sailing.  I also had prime rib and filet on both sailing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

On Beyond in Feb only had one menu the entire sailing, no filet. 

Seems this varies by ship/month 

Patty 

19 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Don’t rely on the app for menus until you are on the ship.

We did a B2B on the Summit in April/May and lobster was offered on the last Evening Chic night on both sailing.  I also had prime rib and filet on both sailing.  

Good point yet this is the specialty restaurant which generally has a fixed menu all sailing long

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yup looks like there are cutting costs!

1 minute ago, buzz031 said:

Oh no! We are sailing on Eclipse in September in concierge (and last two cruises with Celebrity have been in Aqua). 

If room is not good go to concierge desk immediately-Never heard from customer service after numerous complaints.  This ship looks like it should be in Carnival Fleet.  This is a shame.  As I said previously, we enjoyed our cruise; staff is great and excursions awesome.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alex618 said:

With a husband who has two or three drinks a cruise and with us having free drinks 5-7, there new price does not make sense for us.  

You can book (standard rooms) without the extras.  Options are good because we all have different needs.

Edited by crusinthrough
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, buzz031 said:

is there anyway to book Aqua as cruise only?

AQ and suites are not considered standard rooms and therefore have different options and pricing.  

Thanks for pointing this out, I edited my post to reflect standard rooms 

10 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

Thanks for pointing this out, I edited my post to reflect standard rooms 

Oh I was just hoping that there was a way to book that class without all the extras. Love the Blu but have a hard time justifying the increased cost when I don’t really drink except maybe one drink a cruise. Although I do like the espresso coffee.

• Like 1

I priced the package yesterday with TA,  it was $1,800 for booze classic, gratuity, and WI-FI.  With a husband who has 2 or 3 frozen drinks, and Elite Cocktail hour, only one basic WIFI, I figure doing this on our own will cost about 1K. If you need two WI-FI connection and both drink considerable about then I can see where it is worth it.  I know while on board, I was speaking to Bar and Beverage manager and he stated these packages were costing them BIG $$$$$ so I bet they go away. 

10 hours ago, Static events said:

I did a Princess cruise this past January on the sky then Celebrity Apex and in August going with Grandson on Royal.  Usually I always stick with Celebrity