Is anyone at Celebrity, Listening?

Hawkstar33

Bo...Well just well, means what exactly?  Was my question not good?  After reading post after post, I'm really wondering if we are just  preaching to each other on this site, and just wasting our time Barkin at the moon.  And without a response of any kind from a true Celebrity representative on this site, who really knows if they view this stuff or not.   The info we share, is just what we read, see, and experience.. Answers to questions on this site are just opinions of other cruisers, not from the mouths of any Celebrity rep.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You are a what ? 🤔

I'm going to assume you're not joking. The concept is so pervasive in business and government today that you just assume everyone knows what it is...

Black Belt is the highest level of certification. 

Wikipedia short read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lean_Six_Sigma#:~:text=Lean Six Sigma is a,value creation in business processes.

• Like 5

Many years ago we were talking to a crew member who was pretty high up the chain of command.  (I am not naming title or name) We asked if Royal paid any attention to Cruise Critic.  The reply was ABSOLUTELY!   This conversation took place at the Captain's dinner we had been invited to.  We have enjoyed many cruises with Royal and Celebrity but over the past 30 years things have changed.  Until we feel the cost of a cruise is definitely not worth the $ we will keep on sailing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

What the hell do people expect?  The company was probably close to bankruptcy and of course cutbacks are going to happen after all that time of not sailing and no revenue.  Jeeezee people, so tired of the whining. Did people really think we were going back to 2019?  🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

This....100%

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saturngrl said:

I posted this on my review from February 2023 on Reflection.  I am Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Certified.  Six Sigma focuses on eliminating errors.  Lean focuses on reducing/eliminating waste.   

On my February 2023 Reflection cruise, I observed considerable amount of waste which leads to cost savings.  Example:  MDR seating for meals.  It's a manual process, involving three crew members and walkie talkies.  The waits at dinner amounted to HOURs for passengers without reservations.  They were handed buzzers and I heard many of them upset about waiting until 9:30 or 10:00 p.m. for dinner.  A more modern tech for this process would help re-assign one of the crew members elsewhere, where be put to better use.   

Another example:  at breakfast, the coffee servers were hard to find, yet the pastry servers were often idle, wandering around with trays of pastries.  No balanced workload for the servers.  Cost savings could occur with a better process leading to less waste of pastries, crew time,  etc. 

I wish I could work for Celebrity.  It would be so great to evaluate other services to help them save money.  

Huh?  Have NO clue what Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Certified means!

• Like 1

So for all of those that want X to list all the changes and cutbacks, what do you think that will do to sales? Other lines that are cutting back are also not advertising it, so that would put X at a huge disadvantage, when they may not be cutting back the most.

I think the only way this ever happens is if every cruise line were to announce this at the same time. I know of very few businesses, if any, that are publicly advertising that you are getting a lesser product now. Many are just either raising the prices or giving less product for the same price, which they don't tell you about.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Bo...Well just well, means what exactly?  Was my question not good?  After reading post after post, I'm really wondering if we are just  preaching to each other on this site, and just wasting our time Barkin at the moon.  And without a response of any kind from a true Celebrity representative on this site, who really knows if they view this stuff or not.   The info we share, is just what we read, see, and experience.. Answers to questions on this site are just opinions of other cruisers, not from the mouths of any Celebrity rep.    

h33 the days of X responding to posts here on CC have been long gone... that ship has sailed and possibly will not re-dock here anytime soon. 

You may not have been a part of CC when they were responding to comments made here.

While in many instances the assigned staff tried to address issues brought up here, there were times they were pummeled because they could not control what happened while one was sailing and in one particular instance the X staff person was personally attacked for something over which they had no control. Is that a good environment under which they need to be exposed to?? I think not.

As such, my comment about how was this addressed aboard and on comment cards  and on the after sailing survey still stands, IMO...

Well just well is a colloquial term meaning okay, next and moving right along... there are a few threads in this forum addressing similar 'situations' and each of us has the right to address it in our own thread.

Like me, a few here on CC want what we want when we want it, yet understand that there may be times and situations when that will not happen given a wide array of issues and circumstances.

I can accept this or reject this and decide where and how and with whom I will sail in the future and then reminisce about the good old days while doing something else as opposed to spending my money on a line which is not meeting my expectations.

bon voyage 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Not my point. If you know there are cutbacks in your product be upfront about it. Truth in advertising is the best way to keep your customer base satisfied.

You can’t be serious?

Gives us some example of successful companies that promote increases in pricing and potential negative adjustment in services.  

I cannot thing of a single item that I purchase that I now pay less or receive more for the same price.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

OT...BUT.....In this age of AI and chatbots....sometimes I think I'm reading an artificial response.  Clues seem to be that one's style of writing has become much clearer and grammatically correct whereby, in the past, it was sort of difficult to process the point being made by the poster.  So...I'll take some of what I now read on CC as possibly a computer telling me what they want me to believe...that X is less than it was...or...that X is much better than competitors.  Kind of expensive to 'find out for myself' whether the particular cruise is up to snuff, but will be the only way for me to assess changes up or down.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

They may be listening with their hearing aids turned off, but everything they are doing points to profits, profits,  and paying down their debt.

With all due respect,

I would believe the correct wording would be Survival, Survival and Survival.   The most recent quarterly report showed RCL lost 48 Million quarter ending March and depleted 709 Million in Cash.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Problem solver and efficiency expert....to the max.  DH was very involved in process.

With all due respect to your DH, as soon as I read "6S and Lean Certified," I had flashbacks to my working days where all employees were required to complete a 6S project.  Just a check-in-the-box waste of time and resources in that particular corporate environment. 

• Like 3

It's often hard to tell if some of the complaints and criticism here lately are real or an attempt at humor. There is not a lot of useful content posted anymore. Celebrity is fully aware changes have been made. That was not done by mistake. There is no need to waste time by throwing someone under the bus to one by one address the same 10 people posting the same complaints over and over again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

...  I am Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Certified.  Six Sigma focuses on eliminating errors.  Lean focuses on reducing/eliminating waste.   

I have to ask are you or have you worked at Toyota or Honeywell? I am an ex-Honeywell finance employee with a Six Sigma Green Belt cert. I like to 5s things.(sigma code)

Regards

Kevin Reid

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

It's often hard to tell if some of the complaints and criticism here lately are real or an attempt at humor. There is not a lot of useful content posted anymore. Celebrity is fully aware changes have been made. That was not done by mistake. There is no need to waste time by throwing someone under the bus to one by one address the same 10 people posting the same complaints over and over again. 

Well put, I have now made a pledge to myself to read the complaint posts (I do find them entertaining) but to no longer respond. Wasting my time and that of those who read my repeating myself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

I posted this on my review from February 2023 on Reflection.  I am Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Certified.  Six Sigma focuses on eliminating errors.  Lean focuses on reducing/eliminating waste.   

On my February 2023 Reflection cruise, I observed considerable amount of waste which leads to cost savings.  Example:  MDR seating for meals.  It's a manual process, involving three crew members and walkie talkies.  The waits at dinner amounted to HOURs for passengers without reservations.  They were handed buzzers and I heard many of them upset about waiting until 9:30 or 10:00 p.m. for dinner.  A more modern tech for this process would help re-assign one of the crew members elsewhere, where be put to better use.   

Another example:  at breakfast, the coffee servers were hard to find, yet the pastry servers were often idle, wandering around with trays of pastries.  No balanced workload for the servers.  Cost savings could occur with a better process leading to less waste of pastries, crew time,  etc. 

I wish I could work for Celebrity.  It would be so great to evaluate other services to help them save money.  

TONS of MUDA on cruise ships!

• Like 1

Guest ldtr
2 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Pretty much.  CC only has a pretty small percentage of the cruising public. Many of which have many cruises.

As a result the level of complaints is quite large anytime a cruise line makes a change. Even if the cruise lines do monitor CC, it is a very small element of their customer feedback and data collection systems.

So yes CC is mostly a self feeding loop of complaints, from people that enjoy it, with some good information mixed in. 

Facebook probably monitored a bit closer since it tends to represent a broader mix.

If you expect any cruiseline response from posting here I believe that you are doomed to be disappointed.

Edited by ldtr

1 hour ago, islabahia said:

Huh?  Have NO clue what Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Certified means!

Lean Six Sigma is a method of process improvement focusing on elimination of errors/defects in a process.  Lean Certification is from the Society of Mechanical Engineers and Lean focuses on elimination of waste (known as Muda) in processes.   Those certifications mean I specialize in growing efficiency, reduce costs, improve satisfaction, based on the Voice of the Customer (us, in this case!). 

15 minutes ago, FRMPEI said:

I have to ask are you or have you worked at Toyota or Honeywell? I am an ex-Honeywell finance employee with a Six Sigma Green Belt cert. I like to 5s things.(sigma code)

Regards

Kevin Reid

Hi Kevin, I have not worked in manufacturing, just healthcare.  I LOVE to 5 S things, especially since DH and I married a few years ago.   I live by "there's a place for everything, and everything in its place", especially in a small cruise ship cabin, lol! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

What the hell do people expect?  The company was probably close to bankruptcy and of course cutbacks are going to happen after all that time of not sailing and no revenue.  Jeeezee people, so tired of the whining. Did people really think we were going back to 2019?  🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

My fingers are crossed you get desensitized to the whining because with X's current product the whining will continue

My expectations are that X strives to continually IMPROVE their food offerings, so 2019 is outdated, they should well above 2019 standards

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest ldtr
27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

With all due respect,

I would believe the correct wording would be Survival, Survival and Survival.   The most recent quarterly report showed RCL lost 48 Million quarter ending March and depleted 709 Million in Cash.

Not really. Those results were for a period that still had lower occupancy. Even then operations were cash flow positive. The cruise line was near being fully cash flow positive even with debt payments. Next quarter will be even better. They are past the concern for survival period, unless there is new major crisis.

The debt will restrict capital investment for years, but does not threaten survival.