OLife moves to "all in"

WESTEAST

Per this site's article of May 8th, 2023, following are some excerpts regarding the pending dropping of the current OLife Choices: https://latteluxurynews.com/2023/05/08/oceania-cruises-to-sink-long-standing-olife-campaign/

-  That strategy will see the OLife promotion dropped in favour of an “all in” offer. 

-  “We’re taking that choice component out. We’re making it very easy because instead of making choices, you’re just gonna get it all,” Del Rio Jr said.

-  The new promotion will launch in mid-July, for the release of Oceania Cruises’ 2024/25 seasons.

-  During June, Oceania Cruises will start to educate and train travel advisors on the new ‘all in’ offer ahead of the July roll-out.

-  Guests will have the opportunity of staying with the promotion they have booked or moving to the new offer.

Edited by WESTEAST

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

So no new info   same  information that was posted  a month ago

Read bits and pieces imbedded in other posts before but not all info e.g., for the release of Oceania Cruises’ 2024/25 seasons.

5 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

e.g., for the release of Oceania Cruises’ 2024/25 seasons.

OK  so that part is new 😄

The article  was the same date  as others  that were posted  but that particular  reporter actually but   when they would be in effect

12 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Just hope here that a no-air, no-excursion, no-drinks option remains.

OK, I know speculating is dangerous, but here goes...

I'm guessing that cruise-only will remain intact.

What they are probably doing is offering a more-perks OLife package that appeals people who like the all-inclusive feature of the luxury lines...similar to OLife Ultimate; before getting excited, I bet this new package will cost more than the "choose one of 3" current package (did I mention I'm guessing?!?).

For those who want "free shorex" (haha had to say it), there are the YWC and UPC packages (maybe something new? Why not go crazy with speculation).

For those who want alcohol, there will still be bevvy packages (same? different?).

Like that OBC? By yourself a gift of refundable OBC before the cruise (wait, did I remember to say it was refundable? Yes, I did).

There we go. Feel free to speculate too and we'll see how polished our crystal balls are in July or August.

"-  Guests will have the opportunity of staying with the promotion they have booked or moving to the new offer."

watching this with interest. We have booked Japan to Singapore for October 2024, through a UK travel agent. We've taken the flights and the excursions so I'm interested to know what our "opportunity" will be! 

Edited by elmsliebev

Wonder if they will personalize the offers based on current selection - for same category and cruise, will the person who has selected 'beverage package' get a different offer than another person who has 'OBC'? Inquiring minds...guess we better book that additional cruise we were thinking about very soon so we KNOW cruise only will be an option 🤠

As an O newbie (with lots of experience with other cruise lines) I will have some fun with my own speculation (we have a current booking with the O Life Beverage Package).  Whatever FDR does, it will cost more!  We have seen this trend with other cruise lines and the bottom line is always more costly.  The other thing that has happened (with many lines) is that the new packages are carefully designed reduce the value of any Loyalty benefits traditionally offered by the cruise lines.  This is usually done by either including some of the Loyalty benefits in a the new package (available to anyone) or changing the benefits.  

Hank

• Like 4

It sounds similar to HAL's HIA ...

We will opt for the base without the extras.

HIA never made sense to us as non-alcoholics.

The only time we tried it was when it included gratuities during early booking (first ninety days).

7 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I hope the nondrinkers don’t get stuck paying for drinks. 

And I also hope that those who prefer private excursions don't have pay for the group excursions not taken.

It's been so perfect for us with Oceania.

Aside from the lovely ship and wonderful service, we rarely drink cocktails other than an occasional sail-away celebration.  We prefer fine wine, and the wines that are included in any package... those aren't the wines we enjoy.  We prefer bringing wine on board and paying the corkage, so we can enjoy the wines that *we* enjoy.  The wine is much less expensive that way, but mostly, we have trouble finding much that we really enjoy on the various wine lists.

And as for airfare, we have always booked overseas J or F using awards, using airlines and routes that we prefer.  Plus we often go elsewhere before or after a cruise.

Hopefully, O won't really change away from what many of us have specifically enjoyed and appreciated!

(And hopefully they won't continue to do away with the classic Specialties that have been on the Riviera and Marina.  Those are by far our favorites, and we enjoy them several times during a cruise.  Yum!)

GC

• Like 4

If they include excursions, good luck getting them.  All of the non more expensive excursions on Vista's August 18 and August 30 sailings are already sold out and most are indicated as "closed" meaning not even a waitlist.

• Like 1

I had been considering an Oceania cruise. My last three have been with Silversea but there new pricing structure has forced me to look elsewhere. 

No recompense if you do not want a ' free ' excursion ... even if you are physically unable to take one.

Several local airports have dropped off their list ....use them and pay a deviation fee.

Door to airport transfer? Ooops ... no airport within range. 

IF OCEANIA adopt this policy  then that leaves me out of the equation.

• Like 1

Not sure, but it sounds to me like Oceania is adopting the marketing model of sister, NCL.

Instead of the former optional “O Life” bundle, they will offer what amounts to NCL’s “Free at Sea” bundle.

I still believe they will offer “Cruise Only” fares.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bob brown said:

Not sure, but it sounds to me like Oceania is adopting the marketing model of sister, NCL.

Instead of the former optional “O Life” bundle, they will offer what amounts to NCL’s “Free at Sea” bundle.

I still believe they will offer “Cruise Only” fares.

On NCL, you have to pay about $25 per day per person for gratuities on the "free" drinks and speciality restaurant meals.  Hopefully Oceania will not adopt this practice.  

• Like 2

"The new promotion will launch in mid-July, for the release of Oceania Cruises’ 2024/25 seasons."

Earlier threads had suggested a later release date in autumn. From this angle, if not any other, this is better news.

I am taking my first Oceania voyage in August. 

I am not interested whatsoever in all in pricing. We do our own air, do not use alcohol and purchase 0 on any cruise. We are only interested in excursions, potentially.

So al a cart pricing is acceptable to me.

Suffice it to say, I will see how this cruise goes before booking another. If Oceania goes the way of only all in pricing, there not be another cruise.

Oh and I repudiate the "free" marketing as it is a lie.

• Like 1

I too @QuestionEverything. First Oceania cruise this August. We don’t drink alcohol and I won’t buy shipboard credit unless at a discount. We typically purchase our own airfare. We only bought O Life for three pp excursions, just to sample these on a new line.

I suspect the new marketing initiative may be a cloak for steep price increases, which will be promoted using the abused “free” euphemism.

Will O need to change its YWYW slogan since it implies choices the à la carte pricing model entails? Or will this be a pax be damned full speed ahead campaign?

• Like 1