Houston/Hobby Airport transportation

beshears

If you have booked/used some type of transportation from Galveston (HOU) Airport to Princess Regal port, which one did you use. I was told I could book Princess for $108 going/coming back from the airport. Is there any other transportation there that might be cheaper, and if so the name and how much per person, or vehicle?

OK, so if I understand this right, we will have to get transportation in Houston/Hobby airport that will take us to our Princess Regal port, is that correct? How can I find out how much transportation is there? Is there a website that has this type of information?

We are to fly into the Houston/Hobby Airport. We are cruising on the Princess Regal. If you have arrived at this airport, and are going to Pier 2/Terminal 2, Port Everglades, what did you find to be the best transportation for you?

I ask this question, but in another section and thought perhaps someone that might not see it in that section, might see it here.

We are to fly into the Houston/Hobby Airport. We will be cruising on the Regal Princess, going to Pier 2/Terminal 2, Port Everglades. If you have done transportation from the Houston/Hobby airport, which transportation did you use to go to that area?

If you search this board, it's discussed frequently here. Princess might offer a shuttle. Galveston Limo and Galveston Express seem to be popular. The one time I did a cruise out of Galveston, I flew into HOU but the cruise line didn't offer a shuttle. I ended up doing Execucar.

1 hour ago, beshears said:

We are to fly into the Houston/Hobby Airport. We are cruising on the Princess Regal. If you have arrived at this airport, and are going to Pier 2/Terminal 2, Port Everglades, what did you find to be the best transportation for you?

Port Everglades is in Ft Lauderdale, Florida.

OK, so if I understand this right, we will have to get transportation in Houston/Hobby airport that will take us to our Princess Regal port, is that correct? How can I find out how much transportation is there? Is there a website that has this type of information?

Go to Princess website. Log in to your Personalizer. In your booking click on Travel. Transfers are available to book online.

Houston Hobby airport to Galveston port Texas.

I’ve had quotes from Galveston Express & Galveston Limo.  You can fill in form online and get a quote for your dates.

Dog, yes you are right!!! I was Googling, trying to get some information, and that is when it came up Port Everglades, which is the "other" itinerary for the Regal ship. So if I'm understanding this right (???), we just need transportation from Houston/Hobby airport to Galveston, and that would be were the port is for the Regal ship.

9 minutes ago, beshears said:

Dog, yes I know this, but I was wondering if there was anything cheaper to get at the airport, than what Princess offered?

Galveston express quoted me $35 US pp each way from IAH. 

Dog, yes I know this, but I was wondering if there was anything cheaper to get at the airport, than what Princess offered?

I was referring to the title of your post.

What airline are you using?  Are you sure you are going to HoU- Hobby or is it the farther one -IAH. Called Bush?

7 hours ago, beshears said:

I ask this question, but in another section and thought perhaps someone that might not see it in that section, might see it here.

We are to fly into the Houston/Hobby Airport. We will be cruising on the Regal Princess, going to Pier 2/Terminal 2, Port Everglades. If you have done transportation from the Houston/Hobby airport, which transportation did you use to go to that area?

@beshears

Your three threads re the same topic have been merged into one thread and on the correct forum.

All posts are now in post date/time order per the Cruise Critic software.

Happy sails, 

Host Kat

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, beshears said:

$35.00 each way sounds better than what I was quoted from Princess. You mention IAH. Is that the same thing of Houston/Hobby airport, or another airport?

There are two airports in Houston: IAH - Houston Intercontinental (also known as Bush) and HOU - Houston Hobby.

IAH is just north of the city, whereas HOU is south. HOU's main airline is Southwest (though Southwest does have a small presence at IAH). I think Delta and AA also fly into HOU in addition to flying into IAH. Jetblue used to fly to HOU but moved to IAH. 

For Galveston, HOU is closer, but either airport is suitable.

Thank you ALL for trying to help me in this issue.

All I can say is I was checking flights on Southwest Airlines, and also Googled for WHICH airport I would be flying into. I ask when flying from Kansas City, MO to Galveston, TX,  "which" airport would I fly into? Southwest Airlines "highlighted" the Houston/Hobby airport, of the two that were mentioned. When I Googled from my phone it said William P. Hobby Airport (HOU), located in Houston, TX, about 40 minutes from Galveston. It is possible the IAH, but I have no clue how to find out, other than what I just posted here.

4 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you ALL for trying to help me in this issue.

All I can say is I was checking flights on Southwest Airlines, and also Googled for WHICH airport I would be flying into. I ask when flying from Kansas City, MO to Galveston, TX,  "which" airport would I fly into? Southwest Airlines "highlighted" the Houston/Hobby airport, of the two that were mentioned. When I Googled from my phone it said William P. Hobby Airport (HOU), located in Houston, TX, about 40 minutes from Galveston. It is possible the IAH, but I have no clue how to find out, other than what I just posted here.

Attempt to book your flight on the SWA website.  Try both airports to see what options come up. Hope this helps.  

When I tried on Southwest Airlines, and I put in Kansas City, MO to Galveston, TX, it gave me the two options, but the Houston/Hobby Airport was highlighted. That is why I figured it was the Houston/Hobby Airport, instead of the other airport.

5 hours ago, beshears said:

When I tried on Southwest Airlines, and I put in Kansas City, MO to Galveston, TX, it gave me the two options, but the Houston/Hobby Airport was highlighted. That is why I figured it was the Houston/Hobby Airport, instead of the other airport.

You seem to be wanting to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Here's what you do - book flights on Southwest Airlines between MCI and HOU. Book a shuttle on whichever of those listed here you find best (price, schedule, whatever). ENJOY your cruise. Hope this doesn't offend you but I swear it's not as hard as you are making it.