The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 10th, 2023

richwmn

2 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning or in my case afternoon. We left Seville at 1:00 PM. Enjoyed sunning and soaking in the Spa Sanctum this morning. The Weber charcoal grills were going strong for lunch with various sausages, thin steaks but I had the Azamara hamburger. About an inch thick and so large I had to eat with fork and knife.

Beautiful day to cruise down the river. Amazed we went through small drawbridge and we have just gone through the lock. 
We just finished a wine tasting so the big decision is to sit on balcony and enjoy the river or siesta.

I believe a short siesta may win.

Band for sail away recently finished but had the pool deck rocking with some good Jimmy Buffet Classics and Rock and Roll. Now it’s just the gentle sound of the ship slowly gliding through the water.

Our Spanish musical group last night was enjoyable entertainment.

We arrive Lisbon, Portugal tomorrow afternoon and will go on a long tour to Fatima.

Thanks for the reports So Blessed to be able to have such wonderful experiences.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.28ce30cfb3fd07a3329ccd6d47bfbf98.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.32a8286c3a3f8046b4ffc178bd007def.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.61e127045ba0b19198bac5979cce76d6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a5e1837626833e0285acabe29035210d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4298443e11046d68c125c71ed58d7d93.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.92872c3aded298d26528b3add04190ff.jpeg

Quite a burger. I could eat it using my month. Why? Some say I have a big mouth ! 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  Yesterday I had two pens going at once, managed to cover myself with ink, and what's worse, I cant read my writing anymore.

#2 boss sent a letter to the two groups that I have been working for, informing them that she was stealing me, and she was stealing hours from them, set me up to work 38 hours a week, 8 in one group 10 in one group and 20 for her group.  Um, I remember at one time, I actually worked, part time, and still had time for myself, but because the two groups she is stealing me from have very set work hours, I cant change the times, so her 20 hours comes in bits and pieces...now that had me singing the old Dave Clark 5 song...Anyway, I start work in an hour.

I drank way too much coffee yesterday evening, stayed up until 3 coughing, got up and slept on the sofa...until 7:30....think 4.5 hours is enough sleep....NOT!

The computer says it's 59 degrees.  Nice and cool this morning.  A good morning to sleep...oh well.

DH's mom was at her bridge club this week, when one of the women fell.  Mama Norma reached down to help pull her up, and she's 89 didn't have the strength, and she fell. DH's brother called regarding the fall, and they were both laughing, as they were imagining 27 medical alert buttons being pushed at once.  I'm not sure who got the women up, whether they did it themselves, or with the assistance of the EMT's. She's home, her back hurts, and she scraped her arm.

DH's 73 birthday is Monday.  His CC name is Catmando.  If you remember could youl please send him a "card. " He is a person who gets depressed on his birthday, (he doesn't like the getting older part, and I don't like the alternative)and while he is taking the day off, it's my first day of working an 8 hour shift in years.

62661247fd62dc21da5c81651a503139.jpg

35d2ec1173b33f197aa9fab34cb6102a.jpg

Hugs to all!  I hoe you have a wonderful day!

Annie, what is DH’s actual first name?

• Like 14

Good morning, everyone. thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Today is a beautiful sunny day. The plan is to work outside and catch up on laundry from the cruise. 

Today I celebrate a milestone birthday. I turned 60 today. Not sure how I feel about it. I guess I have to get used to this number. Oh well. 

Thinking of you all. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 28

1 minute ago, Denise T said:

Today is a beautiful sunny day. The plan is to work outside and catch up on laundry from the cruise. 

Today I celebrate a milestone birthday. I turned 60 today. Not sure how I feel about it. I guess I have to get used to this number. Oh well. 

Thinking of you all. 

I hope you have a wonderful day today and many more happy birthdays.

HBBalloons.jpg.af870c71ceef9d3e31e851b16b454795.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17

Good morning all. Life is busy here but I never seem to have time to do more then read the Daily. I went kayaking midweek as well as Monday. It was a daytime kayak and as the weather is now getting into the 90's the sun was brutal. Allegator spotting is happening more and more. While I was out kayaking I was asked how I like Mobile since I am approaching my one year anniversary here. I said I love it and they replied that there is always to many locals who claim there is nothing to do. My problem is choosing from all the choices, what to do that doesn't make this old lady wear out. I went to the Art Walk last night and it was hot and wonderful. The streets are packed and there was a parade and the vendors always have so much to show. Just know that while I may be slow to post, I am reading and grateful to all the information and family here. I just need to read faster so I have time to post more. 

• Like 28

15 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Thinking of you all. 

Happy birthday Denise.

denise-16.gif

• Like 17

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I use ball point pens all the time. Herbs and spices certainly help to flavor our food. I often drink iced tea when dining out. Great quote. Not a big lo mein fan. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine if someone buys it for me.

I haven't been to Lembar, Lombok.

It will be a nice day here today, sunny and not too hot. Rain tomorrow (yay!) after 21 days without! The air quality is improving, but I'll still stay inside today. I took a Tessalon perle last night to help with the cough, and another this morning. I still have some congestion, so I'll see how that does today. I'll do some sorting of things, still trying to get rid of stuff I don't need. The plaque placing for BFF's Dad was nice, but he discovered last night that his DF's birth year was wrong! So he'll try to get that corrected. We had a nice lunch after with a few friends.

@dfish Great photos from the lake house.

@Heartgrove Good news on Sue's echocardiogram.

@marshhawk Sorry you had a rough night last night.  

@kazu Sorry to hear it is smoky where you are, and the difficulty walking Ivan.

@aliaschief Looks like a great time!

@Denise T HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎂

@cat shepard Annie's DH is Chuck.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

43 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Thinking of you all. 

Happy birthday. Wishing you many more happy and healthy years

• Like 17

Really enjoying our peaceful sailing down the Guadalquivir River in Spain. Fifth largest river in Iberian Peninsula and the second longest river with it’s entire length in Spain.

Reminds me somewhat of the Mississippi with brown waters and one can see it irrigates a lot of fertile farm land. Occasionally we pass a city but mainly extensive agricultural fields.

image.thumb.jpeg.e880a1273df5ac8a39fc7a336b0abfeb.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Good morning from a sunny and breezy central Texas.  It is 82F with a predicted high of 94F.  I had planned to use the recolor on the shutters today, but since rain is predicted for this afternoon, that project will wait until tomorrow.  Of course, now that I have postponed the project, it probably won't rain.  😁

Right now, I'm not a totally happy camper.  Somehow, I accidently deleted half of my post; then the other half just disappeared.  When I finally got this posted, I found the first paragraph was missing.

We still have some ball point pens, but I prefer the ones with gel ink.  I use some herbs and spices when cooking.  Iced tea day is my day, since I usually have iced tea with dinner and when eating out.  Growing up in west Texas, iced tea was a staple.

On our one P&O cruise, it was interesting to watch the dining room stewards trying to make iced tea.  The first couple of attempts were pouring a pot of hot tea into a glass with two ice cubes.  By the time we left Australia, our assistant steward knew how to make iced tea as he'd worked for the US consul in Goa.  Each night there were two large beer glasses full of ice and iced tea waiting for us on the table.  It was amazing how many people stopped to aske us what we were drinking.

The Maya Angelou quote is very true.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I would like to try the wine, but not at that price.

We have not been to Lembar, Lombok.

While the Equal Pay Act helped, there are still too many reports of men making more for the same job than women.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad you air quality is better today.

@Heartgrove  Jack, that is good news that Sue's echocardiogram was negative.  I hope the heart monitor offers some answers, and that whatever the cause of the fast heart beats is an easy fix.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope you are able to carve some "me" time out of your work schedule.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry the smoke has reached your area.  I hope today's dog walk is better for you and Ivan.

@ger_77  Gerry, I remember those pen dispensers and that the pens like so many early ball point pens leaked and left globs of ink on the paper.

@lindaler  Linda, I'm happy you are enjoying Mobile.  Please keep us posted on your activities when you have time.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope your congestion clears up soon.  Oh no, on the wrong birth year on the plaque honoring BFF's  Dad.

343963635_1274042879890470_3649176676128268686_n.thumb.jpg.2ab7027029fc84c9565a2817c54c58ca.jpg

344443071_3637118883176894_1057136422763436656_n.jpg.7bc3b7230d0d9c18f75c0aff54cbcfa4.jpg

344570300_569307418678545_5785997213134740740_n.jpg.f2d867d933557f86e3efd88f696f7fb8.jpg

344745564_797200811786927_3252510688810353208_n.thumb.jpg.0340a3457b83fb0df03003e3fce32e26.jpg

352291456_642135744083449_8253258415280816933_n.thumb.jpg.8952ecba43a501fee565c419cae6b113.jpg

344745976_775324367490979_4301805389370955707_n.thumb.jpg.240747d32ccd7de51b4050421007b152.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 18

Good morning, all! I use ballpoint pens and herbs and spices daily, and enjoy ice tea when it’s hot. I always like Maya Angelou quotes. We visited Lembar, Lombok back on the firt ever cruise we took on a BHB. We rented a taxi with another couple and went where the HAL tours did for a fraction of the price. For,lunch, we had the driver takemusmtoma warung instead of a tourist spot and bought him lunch. It was a wonderful day. The pictures are buried on a hard drive somewhere!

We are back on the mainland after a travel day yesterday. It is raining, at last. We haven’t had rain here for ages. It’s wonderful! To top it off, the rain has settled the smoke for the time being. It’s still early June - smoke season seems to be early everywhere this year. It wasn’t that long ago that ‘smoke season’ wasn’t an annual thing, but now it is.

This afternoon we are going to a play with DH’s cousins. They are treating us to the tickets, and we are treating them to dinner out afterwards. It should be fun!

Happy Saturday, everyone. Cheers to our favorite BHB’s, wherever they may be!

3C5E7C0A-C999-4452-9037-C0D0C5F960AC.thumb.jpeg.5753b4b884fbe682b1cfac3b44772011.jpeg
Crossing the Australian Bight.

• Like 26

Good morning. 60F here just now with a high of 75 predicted. No rain. It is supposed to slowly get warmer with highs in the 80's predicted by the end of next week. Can't complain. June is our dry month and the temps are still not bad. I do run my ceiling fan in the bedroom at night.

Happy Birthday @Denise T I always disliked my milestone birthdays and now just try to ignore them.

Little news from here. I am not making much progress on the house sorting - for some reason I prefer researching cruise destinations. Am avoiding the humane society just now although I plan to do a little dog walking later this week. I am sure I will come out of this "prefer to be a hermit" stage shortly but right now I like puttering along at my own pace. @kazuI have the same problem of lawn treatments that you do.... fortunately there a couple places were I know they don't treat. We even have to avoid our own lawn since the other condo owners insist on treatment. And my two are really close to the ground.

Take care all.... I had better do something constructive for the next few hours.

Susan

Edited by durangoscots
  • Like 24

2 hours ago, Denise T said:

Thinking of you all. 

Denise, may your new year be filled with love, laughter, great health and a cruise!

IMG_3005.jpeg.f0406f10b0aed7b582e702bde2070975.jpeg

• Like 17

Good morning all!
It has been raining (more like a drizzle) here since yesterday, but we really need it.  Someone told me today that we're heading into a drought.

I use ball point pens and herbs and spices every day.  Ice tea I can take or leave, not one of my favorite drinks.  I'm chuckling because just this morning one of our GA relatives complained on FB that he overheard someone ordering an UNsweet tea with NO ice. 😉  They seem to make a huge deal over it -- and of course his friends said it had to be a Yankee...no thought that some of us are diabetic and can't have sweet drinks (no excuse about the lack of ice though LOL).

I like the quote, will pass on the drink and red wine.  The meal sounds very good but a bit high in carbs and sodium for me.  Have never been to Indonesia yet.

Happy Birthday @Denise T I hope you have a wonderful day!

Debbie @dfish The photos of the lake look beautiful.  Is it warm enough to go swimming?

Jack @Heartgrove Good news about your DW's echocardiogram.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to all those that contribute to this wonderful thread.

Been overwhelmed with work and also my ongoing hom,e renovations.  Cut through 16 feet of concrete patio for me to install electrical last night.  Hired a friend of my DS to break the concrete out with a pick.  Final piece next to house, the lad missed and smashed through my siding.  Another job to the list  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Happy birthday @Denise T   Agree it sure beats the alternative,  now time to do what you want!  Enjoy!  

That’s good news @Heartgrove 

I am sorry The smoke is disrupting so many,   It really takes the joy out of summer and is so dangerous to so many!   Praying for rain, we haven’t had any to speak of for at least a month. 

Many thanks to all the countries sending firefighters, the US, France, Australia, New Zealand  and South Africa that I’m aware of.  It truly is a global effort with over four million hectares burned so far. 

IMG_2364.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, Dailyites!  Happy birthday, @Denise T and to @catmando on Monday, you are both youngsters compared with me !   Good news for your DW, @Heartgrove, and Bon Voyage, @Nickelpenny, great that they upgraded you.

I do like lo mein, it has soft noodles.  Noodles are good!  But tonight we are going to have pork chops and applesauce and left-over pizza for lunch. Here it has been raining steadily since very early in the morning, what a relief, at least the grey skies are from that and not from the smoke like yesterday.  I just hope the rain extends all the way to the west side of the island and is helping to extinguish the fires.  Nice to hear it is raining on the mainland too.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon, after this morning’s errands I started cleaning the outside of the house.  I managed to wash the driveway side of the house as well as the back of the house.  That was a good stopping point as it started to rain.  I’ll try and to the rest of the house tomorrow.

One of the grocery stores has steak on sale this weekend.  That’s tonight’s dinner with rice and beans.  A bottle of wine will go with dinner.

• Like 17