How To Get Distilled Water On Carnival?

CChamp

I have searched the forums and can't find the exact answer that I need. My wife and I are cruising on the Mardi Gras in Sept. We both use CPAP. Is there a way that I can order a gallon of Distilled Water before we go? Is there a website or anything? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, CChamp said:

I have searched the forums and can't find the exact answer that I need. My wife and I are cruising on the Mardi Gras in Sept. We both use CPAP. Is there a way that I can order a gallon of Distilled Water before we go? Is there a website or anything? Thanks in advance.

I call room service when I get aboard, and it is delivered in practically no time at all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

I've used a CPAP on pretty much all our cruises.

Ship's water works just fine,

no need to purchase their distilled water

Living La Vida Loca,

I've even drunk ship's water coming out of the bathroom taps

- and survived to tell the tale!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We called the special needs department in advance and paid a small fee. Maybe $5 for it. It was in our cabin when we arrived. 
But as others have said, you’re welcome to call room service when you get there and they’ll bring it too. 

• Like 1

But as pyrate13 said, ship's water out of tap works very well. Even 2 people should not work through a whole gallon on a 8 day or shorter cruise.  My C-Pap holds around a pint and I usually have to dump some when debarking.

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

But as pyrate13 said, ship's water out of tap works very well. Even 2 people should not work through a whole gallon on a 8 day or shorter cruise.  My C-Pap holds around a pint and I usually have to dump some when debarking.

Exactly, why pay $5 for a gallon of water that costs $.88  at Walmart when you're going to dump most of it out at the end of the cruise. Tap water is just fine.

On 6/10/2023 at 10:47 AM, CChamp said:

I just ordered a gallon of Distilled Water from the Fun Shops phone number:  800-522-7948  It costs a little over $3 per gallon.

Edited by slimknyzer
  • Like 1

If I may give some off topic yet tangent advice, there may only be one plug in the cabin.  However, most CPAPs work happily on 220.  I bring a two prong European adapter, and plug my CPAP into the 220 socket.

1 hour ago, Chief93 said:

If I may give some off topic yet tangent advice, there may only be one plug in the cabin.  However, most CPAPs work happily on 220.  I bring a two prong European adapter, and plug my CPAP into the 220 socket.

Ot an extension cord

2 hours ago, 787cruiser said:

Isn't the "tap" water on the ship just purified sea water, which correct me if im wrong, its distilled.

Seems to be that is the question of the day.  Be interested to hear if in fact it is.

12 hours ago, 787cruiser said:

Isn't the "tap" water on the ship just purified sea water, which correct me if im wrong, its distilled.

10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Seems to be that is the question of the day.  Be interested to hear if in fact it is.

My understanding is that when the ship is in port, it often (depending on the port) connects to the local water supply. This is cheaper than using the ship's desalination system. Also, water near the port may not be suitably clean enough for this process.

When the ship is using the desalination system, the result is distilled water. But, they add back in minerals and/or other electrolytes, mostly for taste.  You can taste the difference between distilled water and the ship's water. 

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad

2 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

My understanding is that when the ship is in port, it often (depending on the port) connects to the local water supply. This is cheaper than using the ship's desalination system. Also, water near the port may not be suitably clean enough for this process.

When the ship is using the desalination system, the result is distilled water. But, they add back in minerals and/or other electrolytes, mostly for taste.  You can taste the difference between distilled water and the ship's water. 

Thanks