Maximum weight of luggage

Nicole&Pete

Officially, I don't believe there are any weight limits.  However, if you look through their FAQs and other online statements, there is an inference that they'd expect the maximum weight to reflect that of typical air carriers' rules - 50 lb/23 kg.

25 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Officially, I don't believe there are any weight limits.  However, if you look through their FAQs and other online statements, there is an inference that they'd expect the maximum weight to reflect that of typical air carriers' rules - 50 lb/23 kg.

Keep in mind that folks with higher airline status or flying in business have limits of 70 lbs, not 50, at least on Air Canada. I also don't think Princess have weight limits, beyond the sizing rule that luggage has to fit within the X-ray machines

• Like 1

I know Carnival has a recommendation for a 50 lb limit per bag, but that's just a recommendation and wasn't (and isn't) binding.

I haven't looked too hard at the other cruise lines, but I don't think any have hard and fast limits on bag weights.

2 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hello I’ve tried researching online but can’t find anything. Does anyone know the maximum weight per bag that Princess allows?

Thank you

Nicole

I am not aware of any restriction by Princess. You are more constrained by airline regs, if you fly. 

In the UK the maximum wight for a single piece of luggage at the port is 23kg - this is not a cruise line specification but a Health & Safety requirement for the baggage handlers. There is no limit on the number of pieces of luggage that are at the weight.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

folks with higher airline status or flying in business have limits of 70 lbs, not 50, at least on Air Canada

Yes in total but not for an individual piece of baggage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, david63 said:

In the UK the maximum wight for a single piece of luggage at the port is 23kg - this is not a cruise line specification but a Health & Safety requirement for the baggage handlers. There is no limit on the number of pieces of luggage that are at the weight.

BA allows 32KG bags for Business and First Class paz

25 minutes ago, david63 said:

On Air Canada at least, pax with the appropriate status are allowed up to 70 lbs for each individual bag, not total.

You can bring onto a Princess ship as many suitcases that you wish. There is no published number, size or weight limit. If you are referring to airlines then search your airline's site for baggage rules and cost. Princess (EZ Air) does not control airline baggage rules. 

I hope there is no limit. We are allowed 70# by the airline and while we never hit that, we have definitely hit 60#. I have never had any issues with cruising, but we are typically Celebrity cruisers and it’s ok. If Princess has a limit we might be in trouble for our upcoming cruise 😂😂

12 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

I hope there is no limit. We are allowed 70# by the airline and while we never hit that, we have definitely hit 60#. I have never had any issues with cruising, but we are typically Celebrity cruisers and it’s ok. If Princess has a limit we might be in trouble for our upcoming cruise 😂😂

Our luggage is always near the 70lb airline limit and we have never had a problem anywhere including UK (Southhampton and Dover).