Guadeloupe to UK

vix2000

Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get from Guadeloupe to UK please. Don't mind indirect.  Looked at flights return to Orlando then realised the last port is Guadeloupe!!! Would it be easier to go back to US, or a larger island, then fly back from there?  All advice gratefully accepted.

A very quick search of the airport in Guadeloupe brings up this page, showing airlines that service PTP.  Aside from some lesser known companies that appear to be either intra-Caribbean or budget/charter companies, the main ones are Air France, KLM, Delta and American.  I'd start with those and see what happens.  Regardless, you'll be connecting somewhere, either Paris or Amsterdam if you choose AF or KL, and likely Atlanta or JFK for Delta or Miami for American.

https://www.guadeloupe-airport.com/ptp-point-a-pitre-airlines

This is a real pro/con game. AND it also depends where in the UK you're going...obviously London would have more options than, say, Belfast or Birmingham. So that would be beneficial info.

Air France does have a nonstop to Paris, but it's Paris-Orly...and unfortunately, AF have no UK flights from Orly, so you're either transferring airports or taking Eurostar. KLM has a great UK network, but unfortunately it doesn't appear as though they do actually fly to PTP anymore and instead route everyone through Paris and on to AF. 

The other route is through the US/Canada, which would be much easier if you were going in to London and not, say, Aberdeen. Again, important info. But let's say you ARE going in to London...that opens up not only the airlines that waterbug mentioned, but also Air Canada (via Montreal). This might be easier than going via the US. 

Edited by Zach1213

To the OP:

I don't know if you have any status with any airline but I often deal with this sort of issue by getting a return ticket from home to the embarkation port, and a mileage award ticket from the disembarkation port back to the embarkation port.

In your case, I'd expect (altho' I admit I haven't checked) you'll be best off trying to get back from Guadeloupe to Orlando, and just have an ordinary return ticket across the pond.

It'll probably be cheaper that way, and almost certainly easier.

5 hours ago, jollyjones said:

In your case, I'd expect (altho' I admit I haven't checked) you'll be best off trying to get back from Guadeloupe to Orlando, and just have an ordinary return ticket across the pond.

It'll probably be cheaper that way, and almost certainly easier.

Eh...while PTP provides a bit of a challenge to get an "open jaws" ticket, it's definitely possible. It may require stops in both directions and missing out on any nonstop UK-MCO flight, but it's definitely possible. AA/BA or AC would definitely get my votes for an airline that can do an open jaws ticket. 

• Like 1

Looks like the quickest time (in Jan/Feb, don't know when you're flying) is on American via Miami.  It's around 40 min. shorter overall than other options like JetBlue via JFK.  If it's during the winter, Miami might be safer from a weather/delay perspective.

1 hour ago, Zach1213 said:

Eh...while PTP provides a bit of a challenge to get an "open jaws" ticket, it's definitely possible. It may require stops in both directions and missing out on any nonstop UK-MCO flight, but it's definitely possible.

It doesn't even look like it's necessarily that hard to keep a non-stop UK-MCO flight. On a quick ITA Matrix search on the random dates of 10 November outbound, 20 November inbound, and without regard to availability, the lowest theoretical fare from London is about £578 on jetBlue via JFK in both directions. For about £633, you could take a non-stop Virgin Atlantic to Orlando, and then return via Paris. But as we don't know anything about the OP's dates (and I couldn't find a cruise that matched the description the OP gave), it isn't possible to get any further than that.

9 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

It doesn't even look like it's necessarily that hard to keep a non-stop UK-MCO flight. On a quick ITA Matrix search on the random dates of 10 November outbound, 20 November inbound, and without regard to availability, the lowest theoretical fare from London is about £578 on jetBlue via JFK in both directions. For about £633, you could take a non-stop Virgin Atlantic to Orlando, and then return via Paris. But as we don't know anything about the OP's dates (and I couldn't find a cruise that matched the description the OP gave), it isn't possible to get any further than that.

I assume it's making you transfer from ORY to CDG in Paris? Not saying that's a deal killer, but I couldn't find anything from PTP-CDG, or from ORY-UK, that wouldn't force you to transfer airports. 

1 hour ago, Zach1213 said:

I assume it's making you transfer from ORY to CDG in Paris? Not saying that's a deal killer, but I couldn't find anything from PTP-CDG, or from ORY-UK, that wouldn't force you to transfer airports. 

20 November 2023 seems to have AF763 PTP-CDG, so no airport change needed to go on to LHR.

• Like 1