NEW dinner menus are posted here!

On 6/17/2023 at 4:58 PM, mz-s said:

My wife and I are very comfortable with the present menus. So we're a little uneasy about this news. Where are our favorites lasagna, penne mariscos, beef tenderloin, baked Alaska, etc? I am sure we will find new favorites with the new menus. I do agree that change was due.

I'm with you.  The beef tenderloin has been gone for several months, and I really miss it.  I also loved the lasagna.  I do agree it was time for a change, but with the old ones I always knew what to order since we had sailed with those menus for quite a while.  I guess I'm saying I have mixed feelings, but I do look forward to trying new dishes.  I'm just so thankful we are all cruising again, so I'll take anything!!  🙂

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2023 at 5:58 PM, mz-s said:

My wife and I are very comfortable with the present menus. So we're a little uneasy about this news. Where are our favorites lasagna, penne mariscos, beef tenderloin, baked Alaska, etc? I am sure we will find new favorites with the new menus. I do agree that change was due.

Lasagna day 3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ideb said:

That was one of the things I was looking forward to on our next cruise. It was so good. It looks like the shrimp and fried rice has been replaced by a shrimp and noodle dish. It definitely doesn't sound as good.

Fried shrimp appetizer is on Day 3 of the menu.

3 hours ago, LadyMac72 said:

Fried shrimp appetizer is on Day 3 of the menu.

The fried shrimp appetizer wasn't that great as I recall. The sweet and sour shrimp is the one that will be missed 😞 

Untitled.png

• Like 1

The salmon has been removed from the every night section of the menu. Of course there are some salmon entrees to be had but not every night. On some of our 4 day cruises with Carnival I looked forward to the salmon each evening. It was simply prepared, no frills or sauces, as I like it. 

There are a few new appetizers I would like to try so I see the BAM! factor 🙂 

• Like 3

I for one am glad about the changes.  While I have never had a bad meal in the MDR ( guess I'm easy to please because I'm not cooking or cleaning up 😏), change is good.  I am sure I will find something I like.  Wonder if they will offer half portions, hate to waste food...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I for one am glad about the changes.  While I have never had a bad meal in the MDR ( guess I'm easy to please because I'm not cooking or cleaning up 😏), change is good.  I am sure I will find something I like.  Wonder if they will offer half portions, hate to waste food...

I wonder if the charge for more than 3 entree's is helping with the waste...??

7 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Wonder if they will offer half portions, hate to waste food...

They might offer it...but then bring you a normal portion.   Seems like that happens a lot with the "pasta entree served as an appetizer" option; my friend John's appetizer was the same size as my normal portion...just served on a smaller plate.  🙂  

I'm pleased to see they have officially codified this offering in the new menus, too.  

3 hours ago, marci4tony said:

I wonder if the charge for more than 3 entree's is helping with the waste...??

More than two, not more than three...but in fairness, three entrees would be a LOT of food, let alone four.  

On 6/18/2023 at 9:53 AM, mz-s said:

What does family friendly even mean when it comes to food? Time to expand your kid's horizons from pizza and mcnuggets I think...

Clearly, you never had picky children.

I wasn't looking for pizza or mcnuggets on the MDR menu.  Like many on here, the cheese plate is a favorite for our family, as is the tropical fruit plate.  Our older teens love the "didja" (or challenge) foods, like alligator, escargot and frog legs.  They definitely enjoy some "family friendly" dishes that appear to be missing like bacon mac & cheese, panko crusted shrimp, roasted 1/2 chicken, braised beef brisket, lasagna bolognese, chicken quesadillas, jerked pork loin, and, yes, the (appetizer) chicken tenders. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, topaz123 said:

Yes.....don't like the suspense .....why so secretive?

I didn’t take it as secretive. I just don’t think they have it yet. I would assume once they’ve completed their test on Dream they will make any changes based on feedback from guests and chefs. Then determine a rollout schedule.