NEW dinner menus are posted here!

10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not new

new to us, since our first Carnival cruise will be next year. If I knew, I would have gone with Princess.

First strike was Pepsi products only.

Second strike is charging for extra entrees.

I wonder what the third strike will be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

new to us, since our first Carnival cruise will be next year. If I knew, I would have gone with Princess.

Pepsi was a HUGE hill for me to climb.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Maybe the red funnel?  To clarify, they charge for more than two.  You can always go up to lido to indulge further, maybe a couple of pizzas after that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Maybe the red funnel?  To clarify, they charge for more than two.  You can always go up to lido to indulge further, maybe a couple of pizzas after that.

no, I can get much better pizza at home at a much better price. We indulge in MDR food twice a year wanting to try different things (and we don't waste food either - we finish all the appetizers and entrees unless they are bad), so having to pay $5 starting with the 3rd entree is a buzzkill for us personally.

P.S. I don't know what red funnel is.

Just now, Itchy&Scratchy said:

no, I can get much better pizza at home at a much better price. We indulge in MDR food twice a year wanting to try different things (and we don't waste food either - we finish all the appetizers and entrees unless they are bad), so having to pay $5 starting with the 3rd entree is a buzzkill for us personally.

P.S. I don't know what red funnel is.

The smoke stack on most (used to be all before the Costa ship move overs) ships.  It was a little humor.  While I understand your view on the extra entre’s, the facts are there is an amazing amount of waste tied to them, hence the move to make the asking a conscious decision.  I was serious about Lido, they mostly have the same items as the MDR.  Just offering options.

• Like 3

According to Mr. Heald's latest post on his FB page (emphasis mine):  

the rollout schedule will be as per the beards “accelerated”. I do not have that information yet, but I will share at the moment I do.

It sounds like someone likes what's being offered, so you're going to see it sooner on other Carnival ships.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 2:51 PM, relmondcrsise said:

I found the new dinner menus being tested on the Dream posted here.  So far I'm impressed.  The lamb dishes sound delicious.  Some nice fish too. Wish there were a few more desserts to choose from, although the melting cake is always a sure thing. What do you think?  I'm eager to see the rest of them as the days go on.

See them here:
NEW Carnival dinner menus

I read that they don't have the Strawberry Bisque anymore 😪

6 hours ago, JenCruise710 said:

I'm super bummed about nixing the cheese plate. I'm not a huge sweets person, especially since being diagnosed diabetic, so that's often my go-to for dessert. 

The cheese plate is back on the menu.

Honestly can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not complaining about paying an upcharge for their third entrée order. You are living on a floating buffet. Impressed some still have room for multiple orders at dinner. Are there really people who order double appetizers, double (triple?) entrées, and then double dessert in the MDR? Half the nights by the time my MDR time arrives I'm only making my way to the dining room out of a misplaced sense of obligation as I've already been eating since I opened my eyes.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, ProudBlackMatt said:

Honestly can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not complaining about paying an upcharge for their third entrée order. You are living on a floating buffet. Impressed some still have room for multiple orders at dinner. Are there really people who order double appetizers, double (triple?) entrées, and then double dessert in the MDR? Half the nights by the time my MDR time arrives I'm only making my way to the dining room out of a misplaced sense of obligation as I've already been eating since I opened my eyes.

There are many levels of what customer expectations are.  Cruising is always changing, and their customers’ expectations change with that.  I can remember the industry almost pushing multiple entrees on cruisers as kind of a perk.  The MDR used to the primary focus of the food experience.  Now, we have alternate dining, specialty restaurants, relaxed dress codes, many eating on lido or variants of such and more.  This area of cruising has changed perhaps more than any other.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, HappySails4U said:

Some long awaited changes to the MDR menu that sound very tasty !!   We will miss the crab cakes though!!  

IIRC there are some other fish cakes being served (including some Emeril specialities), so I am looking foward to them!

1 hour ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

You will notice my name was picked back in 2018 when I was still sailing mostly Carnival. Unfortunately one cannot change their screen name once selected otherwise I would.

That being said, I do still like Carnival but as can be seen by their loyalty program, they really just don't give a crap about cruisers who are loyal and seem to do everything they can to attract blue card cruisers and you can really tell while on board. I still have 2 Carnival cruises coming up (really looking forward to the Greenland cruise in Sept with John Heald) but it was painful to have to actually pay for drinks for that cruise versus the free ones I get on Royal.

Everyone has options.  

• Like 1

OMG! The new menus are incredible! Why are people complaining about trying something different?

My daughter and I were reading thru them and both of us had our mouths watering. When we go in November it's going to be really difficult to decide what to order!

One of my favorite things about cruising is trying new menu items without having to pay a premium price like I would have to do at a land restaurant.

• Like 9

On 6/24/2023 at 9:39 AM, ProudBlackMatt said:

can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not: Are there really people who order double appetizers, double (triple?) entrées, and then double dessert in the MDR?

yes, there are.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

We skip lunch so we can enjoy MDR dinners to the fullest (literally).

On 6/24/2023 at 9:39 AM, ProudBlackMatt said:

Half the nights by the time my MDR time arrives I'm only making my way to the dining room out of a misplaced sense of obligation

good for you. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

So getting a third entree will cost $5?? and that is a show stopper??

There are other options such as more appetizers or the buffet.  You can get what you want you just need to pay more.

And the final option is to go somewhere else where you can get unlimited entrees for no extra cost.

It is a change from the past; but things do change and you have adapt or ....

15 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

So getting a third entree will cost $5?? and that is a show stopper??

There are other options such as more appetizers or the buffet. 

You don't understand. On a 7 day cruise I need to eat 21 dinner entrees or my vacation will be a waste!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 6/25/2023 at 9:29 AM, Susan in Maine said:

OMG! The new menus are incredible! Why are people complaining about trying something different?

My daughter and I were reading thru them and both of us had our mouths watering. When we go in November it's going to be really difficult to decide what to order!

One of my favorite things about cruising is trying new menu items without having to pay a premium price like I would have to do at a land restaurant.

"One of my favorite things about cruising is trying new menu items without having to pay a premium price like I would have to do at a land restaurant."

Me too! 

• Like 3