Just switched traditional dining to MTD

Did  this because all the other parties I’m traveling with have My time dining. I had 7:30 with traditional and now I have to make reservations for 8:30 and later.   I feel like it’s in The middle of everything and will miss a lot. Thought the whole point was to go whenever.   Can you show up earlier than your reservation?  😩

YES -  There is a MTD line for those without reservations, just get in that line.    And/or - head to the dining room when you board and speak with the Maitre'd about a time change. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

Did  this because all the other parties I’m traveling with have My time dining. I had 7:30 with traditional and now I have to make reservations for 8:30 and later.   I feel like it’s in The middle of everything and will miss a lot. Thought the whole point was to go whenever.   Can you show up earlier than your reservation?  😩

I hated the lines. Rcl doesnt do anytime well.

Wish it was more like carnivals. I have fixed on rcl, do anytime on carnival. Just push a button, assigned whenever I want to eat. 

• Like 2

Hopefully you’re not sailing an “ o “ class from Barcelona.

MTD is the worst experience with massive lines for both those with and without reservations mainly because of folks arriving back from shore excursions all at the same time.

Some folks who had 20.00 and 20.30 reservations were not getting seated until 21.15.

Luckily it didn’t affect us as we were traditional late seating.

When lines are long the hosts "may" walk up and down the no-reservation line and ask if anyone wants to be seated now on a different floor.  Usually the folks with reservations aren't asked (because they want a specific table), but they can also be handled this way.  Doesn't work well on the first night but works very well later in the cruise.

On 6/20/2023 at 7:44 AM, Norwich Cruiser said:

Hopefully you’re not sailing an “ o “ class from Barcelona.

MTD is the worst experience with massive lines for both those with and without reservations mainly because of folks arriving back from shore excursions all at the same time.

Some folks who had 20.00 and 20.30 reservations were not getting seated until 21.15.

Luckily it didn’t affect us as we were traditional late seating.

This situation is not limited to just one ship. 

On 6/20/2023 at 8:11 AM, Cruisegirl138 said:

How did you switch? I'm considering switching from MTD to early dining.

6 minutes ago, Senoj84 said:

I called the main number with a few questions and that was one.  I’m traveling with a bunch of people who all booked before me so he connected me to the group department and they switched me.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

I called the main number with a few questions and that was one.  I’m traveling with a bunch of people who all booked before me so he connected me to the group department and they switched me.  

Thank you!

My dinner reservation got so screwed up on Vision. I picked 5:15 early seating and linked my reservation with 2 others for a party of 7. We boarded, my dining was bumped to my time, they got a table of 4 at 5:15. I approached the manager and never got a resolution.  We all ate separately because the party of 4 had someone wanting to see shows. Other option was our party of 7 could sit between 7-9:15 pm. Good luck. 

38 minutes ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

You better double check first thing when you board.

47 minutes ago, Senoj84 said:

1 minute ago, KPookey said:

You better double check first thing when you board.

Yes for sure.  We have a group of 16 and i highly doubt that we will all be eating together most of the time but I do want dinner earlier. Reservations are late now. I’d like maybe 7:00 

• Like 1

We did MTD on the Oasis with a sold out ship.  The first night was a mess as both the reservation and non-reservation lines weaved through the hallways.  After that neither line was long.  I had made reservations for every night but ended up just showing up at a different time on a few nights.  

Also, the Solarium restaurant is an option for an included sit down dinner.   

On 6/26/2023 at 3:43 PM, Senoj84 said:

We just asked our Travel Agent, She called Royal and asked for Early Seating, none was available so we were Waitlisted.............Couple days ago we were confirmed for Early Seating. I kind of knew before her because on My Cruise Planner I could no longer look for days and times for MTD.

Called my Travel agent and she confirmed with Royal we are now on the Early Seating time.

• Like 2