The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 24th, 2023

richwmn

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s been a rainy and very humid day today.  The ac will get turned on for sleeping tonight, if not before.  @dfish thank you for the recipes and pictures, I really like sweet and sour chicken.  I ran errands this morning. One grocery store gave me a coupon for free eggs, a run to the bread outlet and Aldi’s.  Tomorrow is DH’s birthday so I picked up a cake along the way.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 20

@luvteachingSo sorry to hear about your husband, prayers for all of you.

@kochleffel best wishes to you as you retire!  

@Sharon in AZhappy birthday to you! 

@kazumay good memories comfort you today on your anniversary.

Happy Saturday from a warm day in SE WI.  The nights have been cooler, but we're in the 80's now.  My body doesn't like this heat!  We may get some much needed rain tomorrow.  Have a good rest of the day, K.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've never seen a fairy, enjoy stopping at food trucks, and we don't have a dog or go to work, so that one's off the list.  I no longer rigorously plan our days (except cruises, I rigorously plan cruises), would like to have a few glasses of the drink of the day and with the exception of the price, think the wine would be quite enjoyable.

I'm late to the party today because our older friends from 4 hours away called us yesterday morning to say they'd received a call from the hospital that there was a bed for our friend who needs angioplasty in both his lower legs.  We quickly headed over to the grocery store so we had a full supply of things, rather than just the 2 of us grazing the weekend away, and tidied up the house and yard.  The 3 of them (their retired nurse daughter drove them) arrived around 4PM and he was quickly checked into the hospital.  Apparently if he didn't take the bed, it could be another month or possibly two until there was space available for him.  The procedure won't take place until Monday, so he's just hanging out at the hospital for the weekend - his wife and daughter are up there now.

I made muffins, fruit salad and cheese for breakfast that we were able to enjoy on the deck, and won't have to worry about lunch, as our guests aren't returning until mid afternoon.  They want to take us out for dinner, so I'm not cooking tonight - yay!  I'm not totally relieved of kitchen duties, as they're staying at least until Tuesday, so I'll be checking to see what's good and easy to put together for them.

Happy Birthday greetings to @Sharon in AZ and to @StLouisCruisersDD.

@kochleffelI'm chuckling as I envision you enduring your retirement party.  

@marshhawkso sorry to hear about your DMIL, but glad she's out of hospital.  You need to get on your meds quickly to get that pain under control!

@kazumy heart goes out to you as you get through this painful anniversary.  Be sure to lavish love and tears on Ivan; he'll help you through it.  Wine will help, too.

@Seasick Sailor yikes about DH's medical problems - please give him our love and know our prayers are coming your way.

@luvteaching so sorry to hear about your DH's health; he was doing so well!  I will keep you, DH, and your DS in my prayers.

I'd like today's menu suggestion, but as mentioned, we're being taken out for dinner and I think it's to a local Greek restaurant, so I know it will be tasty.  I think we'll be able to sit on their outdoor patio to be able to enjoy our meal tonight.   And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

I got a call at 12:15 AM that DH was being taken to the local hospital. I got dressed quickly and beat him there. He has a bad UTI and is in sepsis. His kidneys have shut down. At this point, about 3:00 AM, my son and I made the decision for comfort care and he is in our local hospital. DS went home for a bit and now I'm home long enough to brew some tea and have a shower. I'll be heading back momentarily. When I left DH was responding to commands to squeeze my hand so he's in there but it's looking not good at all. 

Thank you Dailyeites! 

Karen

Karen, I'm so very sorry about the latest turn of events.  Your DH was making such great progress, and I hope he can rally again.  If not, I hope he can be made comfortable and will know you and your DS are there with him.  Sending positive thoughts for him and for both you and your son, that you will have the support and comfort of those around you, besides the support of this wonderful Daily family.

Lenda

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s been a rainy and very humid day today.  The ac will get turned on for sleeping tonight, if not before.  @dfish thank you for the recipes and pictures, I really like sweet and sour chicken.  I ran errands this morning. One grocery store gave me a coupon for free eggs, a run to the bread outlet and Aldi’s.  Tomorrow is DH’s birthday so I picked up a cake along the way.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

Happy birthday to your husband for tomorrow @Crazy For Cats

bday-905.gif

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Happy Birthday Sharon!

image.png.e190d43f34c27d2e7bd497319f4707a9.png

Happy Birthday to Sandi's daughter!

image.png.2aa2d6868be18b7763602baba2527693.png

@kochleffel

image.png.d5d7511d3d9cfb6d6eb9581d574cd5fb.png

Prayers are lifted for our Daily family.  Our medical issues are with my sweet husband. Bloodwork and appts set up with a nephrologist. 4 more appointments this next month, including a VA appointment in Austin. Thankful for your prayers.

There is a food truck that comes through our neighborhood every week day. They honk their horn and the construction workers gather for breakfast and again at lunch. It smells awfully good. 

image.png.7e903452c4a2e9e3df5751151e69c5fc.png

Have a wonderful weekend. Stay cool! Stay dry!

image.png.1746f7ab021237fdd4ed9b95f6ba798d.png

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's health issues Joy.

Prayers are on there way to you both and I will say a prayer at church tomorrow for him.

• Like 12

Good afternoon from a warm (?) 96F central Texas with a strong breeze.  In honor of Fairy day, and in spite of the quote of the day, we ditched what feeble plans we had and took the convertible for  a ride.  We hadn't driven it since we had the front end aligned, which didn't work our well.  We finally got a new wheel to replace the one that was bent when we hit that pot hole in March.  The car now rides a lot better, but still pulls slightly to the right.

While the sun was too strong to have the top down, we were able to keep the windows open for about the first hour or so.  Because it is Fairy Day, we decided to make a return visit to the small town (and I use the word loosely) of Fairy, Texas, which we stumbled across in the last two years.  We went a different way, and almost missed it since the turn off was not marked.  It was nice to get out of the house and enjoy some of the Texas scenery without even passing a doctor's office or a hospital.

Just so you know this is not a late April Fool's joke, here are some pictures I took today.  The cemetery and historic marker.

DSC00026.thumb.JPG.956902d73af70b44ee1b5b4bf6460010.JPG

DSC00027.thumb.JPG.65ea2d837a41f4f6e1c4b3d8d4b50800.JPG

Beautiful downtown Fairy.  

DSC00028.thumb.JPG.29461703e3f1a2554b6a0f8e460f5552.JPG

3 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Bright and sunny here in Durango. Was 39F when dogs and I went out but it is supposed to get up into the mid-80's today. At least it makes good sleeping at night.

We have a number of food trucks here and some are in a fairly permanent location. The 11th street station features about 6 of them sitting at the site of what used to be a gas station. Food is good and it is very popular. There are a couple other places with one or two set up. Since they are subject to city inspection I don't worry about sanitation. I

Oh dear.... I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Susan

Susan, I agree about the food trucks in town locations.  I wouldn't hesitate to get food at one.

2 hours ago, lindaler said:

Good morning everyone.  I have been under the weather or affected by old age for the last month. I feel better but not younger. Oh well, hope everyone enjoys their weekend. 

Linda, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well lately, but are feeling better.  Growing old is not for sissies.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

So sorry to hear your news, @luvteaching, Karen.  We are also having problems urinary here.  Kidney infections, etc., Pat is home, but one doctor at the hospital said he would have admitted him if it had been him assessing Pat.  Lots of antibiotics, and Pat has/had a very stiff neck, which I figured had to be meningitis, but the antibiotics seem to be helping, or maybe it was just a stiff neck/arthritis...   Now we're not sure if he will need more surgery.  Cruise cancellations on the way!

We're thinking of you on your anniversary, Jacqui.  One of my favourite quotes from St. Thomas More - "Pray for me, as I will for thee, that we may all merrily meet in heaven."  Love the "merrily", I can see them all up there having cocktail parties!

Ann, I am very sorry Pat is having problems with kidney infections.  I hope the medicines can take care of them and further surgery is not needed.  Sending positive thoughts to both of you and his doctors for a good outcome.  Please give him our best wishes, and take care of yourself.

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  
@luvteaching praying all goes well.  
@Sharon in AZ Happy Birthday!  
@StLouisCruisersalso happy birthday wishes Sandi to your DD

@kazu happy heavenly anniversary to your DD DH   and hugs!   So glad I wasn’t confused.  
@kochleffel best wishes on your retirement. 
I would love to celebrate take a dog to work day if I was working! 

I also as a nana have to celebrate fairies!  
image.thumb.jpeg.742f35645fcb6be859be488e827bccca.jpeg
and I had to love this sign 

image.thumb.jpeg.7da1020cd2f3f87c7ebf1a28dc7c2177.jpeg

We were supposed to visit Kagoshima, but a late portchange had us visit Sakaiminato instead.  Although we were initially disappointed we throughly enjoyed seeing a black castle and one of the top gardens and museums in Japan.  We so enjoyed our boat trip on the canal complete with singing, laying down to go under bridges and the most giggling in a long time.  

IMG_1585.jpeg

IMG_1593.jpeg

IMG_1552.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1569.jpeg

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_1582.jpeg

IMG_1581.jpeg

IMG_1579.jpeg

IMG_1575.jpeg

IMG_1554.jpeg

Brenda, thank you for the lovely pictures from Japan.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've never seen a fairy, enjoy stopping at food trucks, and we don't have a dog or go to work, so that one's off the list.  I no longer rigorously plan our days (except cruises, I rigorously plan cruises), would like to have a few glasses of the drink of the day and with the exception of the price, think the wine would be quite enjoyable.

I'm late to the party today because our older friends from 4 hours away called us yesterday morning to say they'd received a call from the hospital that there was a bed for our friend who needs angioplasty in both his lower legs.  We quickly headed over to the grocery store so we had a full supply of things, rather than just the 2 of us grazing the weekend away, and tidied up the house and yard.  The 3 of them (their retired nurse daughter drove them) arrived around 4PM and he was quickly checked into the hospital.  Apparently if he didn't take the bed, it could be another month or possibly two until there was space available for him.  The procedure won't take place until Monday, so he's just hanging out at the hospital for the weekend - his wife and daughter are up there now.

I made muffins, fruit salad and cheese for breakfast that we were able to enjoy on the deck, and won't have to worry about lunch, as our guests aren't returning until mid afternoon.  They want to take us out for dinner, so I'm not cooking tonight - yay!  I'm not totally relieved of kitchen duties, as they're staying at least until Tuesday, so I'll be checking to see what's good and easy to put together for them.

Happy Birthday greetings to @Sharon in AZ and to @StLouisCruisersDD.

@kochleffelI'm chuckling as I envision you enduring your retirement party.  

@marshhawkso sorry to hear about your DMIL, but glad she's out of hospital.  You need to get on your meds quickly to get that pain under control!

@kazumy heart goes out to you as you get through this painful anniversary.  Be sure to lavish love and tears on Ivan; he'll help you through it.  Wine will help, too.

@Seasick Sailor yikes about DH's medical problems - please give him our love and know our prayers are coming your way.

@luvteaching so sorry to hear about your DH's health; he was doing so well!  I will keep you, DH, and your DS in my prayers.

I'd like today's menu suggestion, but as mentioned, we're being taken out for dinner and I think it's to a local Greek restaurant, so I know it will be tasty.  I think we'll be able to sit on their outdoor patio to be able to enjoy our meal tonight.   And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm glad a bed opened up for your friend so he can have the procedure sooner rather than later.  I hope all goes well and the procedure solves the problem.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

So sorry to hear your news, @luvteaching, Karen.  We are also having problems urinary here.  Kidney infections, etc., Pat is home, but one doctor at the hospital said he would have admitted him if it had been him assessing Pat.  Lots of antibiotics, and Pat has/had a very stiff neck, which I figured had to be meningitis, but the antibiotics seem to be helping, or maybe it was just a stiff neck/arthritis...   Now we're not sure if he will need more surgery.  Cruise cancellations on the way!

We're thinking of you on your anniversary, Jacqui.  One of my favourite quotes from St. Thomas More - "Pray for me, as I will for thee, that we may all merrily meet in heaven."  Love the "merrily", I can see them all up there having cocktail parties!

Sending prayers 🙏 and good wishes for Pat's health Ann.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to hear about Pat and Allen.

Well, this is wierd but nice.  I was just in youtube and what came up as my next video.  It was Father David's sermon for tomorrow.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Balloons over Kiel tonight.  The end of a Water festival week.

Good night.

Terri

IMG_3165.jpeg

Loved the photos from Skagen.   I visited there in 2019 on Queen Victoria but my most vivid memory of Skagen goes way back to 2003.  It was my first attempt at a surface trip around the world with train to Montreal, Freighter to Belgium, train and ferry connections to Newcastle, Gothenbuurg, Helsinki, and train across Russia to Beijing, and then (hopefully) Crystal Harmony to Vancouver and train back home.

As we stopped at the border from Russia to Mongolia we were a small group of people from around the world.  One, a Dane, asked if my travels had taken me to Denmark.  I said no, but the Newcastle Gothenburg ferry took me close to Skagen and I may even have crossed some Danish waters.  He was satisfied with that.

Roy

• Like 17

7 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

I got a call at 12:15 AM that DH was being taken to the local hospital. I got dressed quickly and beat him there. He has a bad UTI and is in sepsis. His kidneys have shut down. At this point, about 3:00 AM, my son and I made the decision for comfort care and he is in our local hospital. DS went home for a bit and now I'm home long enough to brew some tea and have a shower. I'll be heading back momentarily. When I left DH was responding to commands to squeeze my hand so he's in there but it's looking not good at all. 

Thank you Dailyeites! 

Karen

Oh Karen, my heart is breaking for you both 💔. Your DH was doing so well and now this 😢 My prayers are with you both and that the doctors can find a way to help him 🙏🏻 I am so very sorry 😣 

6 hours ago, lindaler said:

Good morning everyone.  I have been under the weather or affected by old age for the last month. I feel better but not younger. Oh well, hope everyone enjoys their weekend. 

So sorry to hear this.  I’m glad you are feeling improved.  I hope it continues.  None of us are getting any younger, sadly.

6 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Oh Ann, how sad 💔. I feel so badly for you and Pat.  It sounds like poor Pat is besieged between the urinary & kidney infections 😞 I hope he didn’t have meningitis - that has to be treated in a special way.  (I had it once years ago).

I will be praying for him and you for the strength to get through this.  and prayers there will be no more surgery 🙏🏻. My heart goes out to you both.

6 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

What a cheerful way to look at it, Ann.  Jose would probably be hosting.  He was the host with the mostest.  I’m glad he can’t use my credit cards in heaven 😂 

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Tomorrow is DH’s birthday so I picked up a cake along the way.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

A very happy birthday to your DH tomorrow.

IMG_9956.gif.323a9100a7de1e03ac02d9b54f6e2083.gif

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Thank you for the pictures! Terri, after you post the photo, hit ‘return’. This moves the cursor underneath the photo, and you can add a description. Or hit return a second time, and you can post the next photo with a space between it and the previous one.

I don’t think you can do that when using an iPad.  i tried that and it didn’t work.

If there is a way I don’t know how.

Thanks for the help. 

Terri

• Like 7

10 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

Thank you Dailyeites! 

Karen

Oh my, I hope he better tonight and your DH is responding to the meds. This has to be very stressful for you and your family. 

• Like 8

Thank you everyone, 

DH is still with us. I got home just a bit ago and hoping to get some sleep tonight. DH has started to open his eyes at times, talk a bit, wave, and helped with turning when he was changed. DS and I talked with the doctor as I had questions but I didn't get the answers I wanted but I was expecting that. If I want to take him off Comfort Care then he has to go to the bigger hospital in Bellingham, be intubated, tied down, etc. That's not how we want things. We want quality of life. At this point he had meds at 3 AM to control some tremors and make him comfortable. When I left at 6 PM he hadn't needed any more meds so that was good. His brother came in as did DH's sister and her husband. DS went home for a bit and came back and is there this evening for a few hours. He just texted that DH was doing well, just got his mouth moisturized and they were going to have some father/son time and I'm to rest easy. 

@Vict0riann So sorry to hear about Pat's setbacks. Husbands do keep us on our toes, don't they? Best wishes to Pat and to you. Take care of yourself! 

Karen

• Like 9
  • Thanks 13