Princess Boarding Pass

Lyndonn

I know it's amazing - but not everyone who cruises has a passport, a smart phone, a printer - yet they are still allowed to book cruises , pay for them, board, and luggage arrives at their cabin

welcome aboard

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I know it's amazing - but not everyone who cruises has a passport, a smart phone, a printer - yet they are still allowed to book cruises , pay for them, board, and luggage arrives at their cabin

welcome aboard

Anyone sailing these days without a passport is just inviting disaster. If anything happens and you have to leave the ship in a foreign country you will not be able to fly back home without one

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, memoak said:

Anyone sailing these days without a passport is just inviting disaster. If anything happens and you have to leave the ship in a foreign country you will not be able to fly back home without one

agree - but they can, and do - just as I stated

• Like 1

17 hours ago, helenb said:

What are the different line colors?

The green lane indicates that all necessary information has been provided and health status is not an issue.  The blue lane indicates that there is information to be collected but health status is not an issue. The yellow lane indicates that there is a health status check needed, for example - a need to provide proof of vaccination or testing on an itinerary that requires those.

https://www.princess.com/plan/oceanready/

15 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

Nope! I always carry hard copies as back up documents.

Electronics die.

I save everything to the cloud or Google drive so that I can always access it even if I don't have my own phone or lose papers. It's also possible to just email documents to yourself or someone else as attachments.  That way, they are always accessible. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

The green lane indicates that all necessary information has been provided and health status is not an issue.  The blue lane indicates that there is information to be collected but health status is not an issue. The yellow lane indicates that there is a health status check needed, for example - a need to provide proof of vaccination or testing on an itinerary that requires those.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

QR codes don’t work on our phones.  We don’t have those fancy expensive phones.  So, we don’t need anything except our passports?  No medallions for us either.  Just our decision—I don’t need flaming.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jennmaybe said:

No medallions for us either.  Just our decision—I don’t need flaming.  

No problem.  You probably don't spend endless hours worrying that you didn't make the green lane.

1 hour ago, jennmaybe said:

On 6/27/2023 at 10:42 AM, BobAnne said:

I have 40-ish days until boarding and still can’t pick a boarding time. At this juncture I’m assuming the app actively hates me. 😢

Princess has removed boarding times but I prefer to be there before they start letting people into the terminal to avoid possible long lines later. 

Tom😀

On 6/27/2023 at 1:42 PM, BobAnne said:

I have 40-ish days until boarding and still can’t pick a boarding time. At this juncture I’m assuming the app actively hates me. 😢

Forget it.  No one cares.  Officially, Arrival Groups and Times are going away at the end of the month.  Just show up at terminal for check-in when convenient for you as long as arrive by latest time indicated in Travel Summary information.

On 6/27/2023 at 6:59 PM, captain_hug99 said:

I am within 10 days of my cruise, the QR code just showed up on the home screen. Before, it just showed the number of days until the cruise and that we were green line.

Together with the elimination of Arrival Groups "feature", the final boarding pass screen is completely a new design and besides QR code will have guest full name, ship name, departure date, etc, so much more like an actual BP.  They are scheduled to appear about 11 days prior to sail date.

On 6/27/2023 at 8:25 PM, Doug R. said:

The QR code appears a week or so before the cruise when you open the app. There is no need to take a screen shot of it.

Correct.  They may already have the new timing in place (not sure), but guests should expect to see the new BP around 11 days prior and this begins Aug 1 launch in the App (probably need to update it as well).

On 6/28/2023 at 3:59 PM, Torfamm said:

On 6/28/2023 at 4:14 PM, helenb said:

Thank you!

No more Yellow Lane.  I don't think that one has been around for some time.  I didn't even see such a thing last Fall in Europe.

The new Lanes are Green, Blue and Gray (the latter for disabled or special needs guests.

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

No more Yellow Lane.  I don't think that one has been around for some time.  I didn't even see such a thing last Fall in Europe.

The new Lanes are Green, Blue and Gray (the latter for disabled or special needs guests.

I hadn’t seen yellow since right after the restart either. I had it once over recent travel. I think Australia/New Zealand is the only place that even still has vaccine or testing requirements.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jennmaybe said:

QR codes don’t work on our phones.  We don’t have those fancy expensive phones.  So, we don’t need anything except our passports?  No medallions for us either.  Just our decision—I don’t need flaming.  

My bet is that Roy will be handed a medallion on check in and then you will have to go to guest services to exchange it for a cruise card

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Forget it.  No one cares.  Officially, Arrival Groups and Times are going away at the end of the month.  Just show up at terminal for check-in when convenient for you as long as arrive by latest time indicated in Travel Summary information.

Together with the elimination of Arrival Groups "feature", the final boarding pass screen is completely a new design and besides QR code will have guest full name, ship name, departure date, etc, so much more like an actual BP.  They are scheduled to appear about 11 days prior to sail date.

Correct.  They may already have the new timing in place (not sure), but guests should expect to see the new BP around 11 days prior and this begins Aug 1 launch in the App (probably need to update it as well).

Boarded in Southampton, only wanted to see if we had green lane.  Check in was fast and efficient, on board before 11 am