Princess doubles Military Benefit thru 7/21

emeraldlake

6 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Please let us know where you get with this.  I also wrote my cvp yesterday asking if we could use it on any of our existing bookings since the email doesn't specify new bookings only, and received the reply that no, it is for new bookings and only certain sailings.  So I'd love to know if you get a different response.  Thanks.  

Yeah, I got the same response late last night from my CVP. But he suggested I contact Guest Services (formerly Customer Relations) to advocate my point. So I will... Will let you all know how it goes. Not expecting much, but "you can't win if you don't play".

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Yeah, I got the same response late last night from my CVP. But he suggested I contact Guest Services (formerly Customer Relations) to advocate my point. So I will... Will let you all know how it goes. Not expecting much, but "you can't win if you don't play".

I also contacted our CVP yesterday and he confirmed our B2B cruises weren’t on the list. After I heard from him I looked at the email again with the list of destinations and Mexico wasn’t an option which is where we are cruising. We can’t complain though as we’ve got $1050 in OBC already for 11 nights and we got a promotion of the Premier package for the cost of the Plus package. 

Wish you luck in getting this additional OBC after you contact Guest Services.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

I also contacted our CVP yesterday and he confirmed our B2B cruises weren’t on the list. After I heard from him I looked at the email again with the list of destinations and Mexico wasn’t an option which is where we are cruising. We can’t complain though as we’ve got $1050 in OBC already for 11 nights and we got a promotion of the Premier package for the cost of the Plus package. 

Wish you luck in getting this additional OBC after you contact Guest Services.

Do tell……how do you get $1050 in OBC and Premier Package for the cost of the Plus Package?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Just got this from Customer Service

Good Afternoon!

You are eligible, however these voyages are not.  The ‘double military OBC’ offer is voyage specific.  I checked both of your upcoming voyages and they are not eligible for this particular offer unfortunately.

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 23golf said:

Do tell……how do you get $1050 in OBC and Premier Package for the cost of the Plus Package?

For us we both get MOBC, my DW also gets SOBC (until they just changed the rules), and we each get FCD OBC when we book a new cruise using them. So as long as we book individual itineraries 14+ days or longer, and I think they just raised the FCD max limit to 17+ days, we would attain that amount.

IMG_1542.thumb.jpeg.c944499310e1b58a8bf0e007c43be31d.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, jgd3rdbcfd said:

Just got this from Customer Service

Good Afternoon!

You are eligible, however these voyages are not.  The ‘double military OBC’ offer is voyage specific.  I checked both of your upcoming voyages and they are not eligible for this particular offer unfortunately.

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions!

Folks.  I have posted this once or twice.  Shop "your voyage" and see if it has Promo Code MM5 attached as eligible booking code.  It has to have that one or it is not included.

51 minutes ago, 23golf said:

We have sailed many times with $1100 in OBC's, quite a few times with $1400 in OBC's, and even once with $1900 in OBC's. Back in the pre-covid days, there used to be lots of promos that included very generous OBC's. Combine those with our SH, my military, as well as "goodwill" given to us for Customer Service or EZ Air snafus, OBC's from Travel Agent, and the Loyalty Bonus they used to issue for getting to certain numbers of cruises beyond baseline Elite qualification, and you're there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 23golf said:

Future Cruise Deposit $150

Military Benefits (DH) $150

Shareholders Benefits (me) $150

Onboard Credit Promotion $600

The Premier Package for the cost of the Plus Package was a special promotion Princess offered to Veterans back in January. Similar to the promotion they are offering now it was limited to certain sailings and it was offered on the B2B cruises we booked.

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Folks.  I have posted this once or twice.  Shop "your voyage" and see if it has Promo Code MM5 attached as eligible booking code.  It has to have that one or it is not included.

I'm doing what you suggest, but I can't find any promo code.  Obviously, i'm not looking in the correct area.  I am looking up my voyage for a virtual booking, and also I have looked in my printed booking confirmation, with no luck.  Enlighten me please.

My understanding, if you are qualified for the military credit you should have received an email indicating the voyages qualified.  You cannot now apply and hope to receive the double credit.   Not all voyages are indicated as qualifying.  We have many trips booked and  only one shows as qualifying.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Cruzbw said:

I'm doing what you suggest, but I can't find any promo code.  Obviously, i'm not looking in the correct area.  I am looking up my voyage for a virtual booking, and also I have looked in my printed booking confirmation, with no luck.  Enlighten me please.

Doesn't show in Travel Summary.  Doesn't show when shopping on Princess.com (which is supposed to be showing you the one best deal for you when logged in). 

You can see these codes when using many third-party booking engines.  Otherwise, discuss with a Princess rep or CVP or your TA.  It helps to know what codes are out there and which one you are potentially after.  If you don't have self-service access to a third-party booking website, then ask TA or Princess about the offers and what the codes are.  Make sure you are getting the best overall deal (Price to pay and OBC).

On 6/30/2023 at 4:28 PM, Astro Flyer said:

1 hour ago, Cruzbw said:

By clicking the above link it takes you to this offer’s webpage. There you will see the following (this is a screenshot) that displays links to see qualifying cruises based on regions.

image.thumb.png.9e2e0c3075ca8778422ced50b290c7ce.png

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

It looks very assured that my voyage is not one offered for the added benefit.  Yes I received the email and looked it up from the link in the email. I'm not concerned, it's a short cruise so it's a matter of $50 or $100 military bene, that's all. Thanks for your help, everyone.

Following Astro Flyer's advice, I went to the e-mail from Princess that gave this offer and clicked on the destination "Alaska". Once there, I scrolled through until I found my cruise on the Discovery for the 27th of August. Now that I found it and I assume that if it is listed, that it is eligible, what do I do next???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WmFCoyote said:

Following Astro Flyer's advice, I went to the e-mail from Princess that gave this offer and clicked on the destination "Alaska". Once there, I scrolled through until I found my cruise on the Discovery for the 27th of August. Now that I found it and I assume that if it is listed, that it is eligible, what do I do next???

Call your TA or CVP, or Princess if you booked direct.🙂

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 12:01 AM, Cruzbw said:

I tried to do that, too, as suggested by another member, but I couldn't get to anywhere that contained the promo code. BUT, if you click on one of those blue boxes in the center of the email, you'll be linked to the very limited number of cruises that qualify.

22 hours ago, jwattle said:

Call your TA or CVP, or Princess if you booked direct.🙂

Pray. Because Princess's first line for refusing to grant the double OBC is that a cruise isn't one of the specific ones that qualify. But if it is, as is the case for you, Princess's second line of refusal is to state that the offer is for "new bookings only".

Edited by tothemall&beyond

1 minute ago, WmFCoyote said:

If Princess adds, as an after thought, that it is for "New Bookings Only" isn't that a deceptive practice? Is that allowed?

It is certainly deceptive, whether intentionally or negligently, and violates both federal FTC regs and Calif state law for fair trade practices. But unless people bring it to the attention of the authorities, they'll get away wit it.

On 7/2/2023 at 12:09 AM, kiwimum said:

My understanding, if you are qualified for the military credit you should have received an email indicating the voyages qualified.  You cannot now apply and hope to receive the double credit.   Not all voyages are indicated as qualifying.  We have many trips booked and  only one shows as qualifying.  

The email was vague as to which voyages qualified and it certainly didn't contain the caveat about it being for "new bookings only". 

Edited by tothemall&beyond

On 6/30/2023 at 4:28 PM, Astro Flyer said:

This link you provided shows personal information that you may now want on the internet.
Most emails are linked to ones account no matter what it is. With the information on this email I can get your address etc with a couple of minutes.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 165239.jpg

• Thanks 1

With all of this credit you don’t need to add the Princess Plus when booking since I understand that you can add it the 1st day & pay with your OBC. 

I’m looking at a 14 day cruise where with the stock credit I’ll have $1,200 in OBC & it’s $840 if I add it with my booking. 

Tom😀