Dining reservations

6 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

It’s 9:00 from my memory.  You don’t make reservations for Compass Rose or Sette Mare.

On the Voyager in June, some nights the specialty restaurants were bookable until 9:30, some nights until 9:00.

• Thanks 1

Our dining reservation window opens up today at 8 PM ET for an October sailing on the Navigator.  This being our first Regent cruise I am not too sure about the whole process.  We are in a Concierge Suite.  It is my understanding, and I could be wrong, is that there are 2 restaurants that are available for reservations, Prime 7 and Sette Mari at La Veranda.  The MDR Compass Rose is not pre-bookable. 

If anyone could comment on this, it would be appreciated.  The cruise is still 12 weeks out and we are not sure what we will feel like eating at this point.  If we do book reservations are these changeable once on board?

13 minutes ago, JohnnyPS said:

Our dining reservation window opens up today at 8 PM ET for an October sailing on the Navigator.  This being our first Regent cruise I am not too sure about the whole process.  We are in a Concierge Suite.  It is my understanding, and I could be wrong, is that there are 2 restaurants that are available for reservations, Prime 7 and Sette Mari at La Veranda.  The MDR Compass Rose is not pre-bookable. 

If anyone could comment on this, it would be appreciated.  The cruise is still 12 weeks out and we are not sure what we will feel like eating at this point.  If we do book reservations are these changeable once on board?

Only Prime 7 takes reservations. Sette Mari and CR are open seating. When you want to eat at Sette Mari go when they open as they are usually very popular. In C R you can be seated when you arrive most anytime. Make you reservation at Prime early in the cruse so you can possibly get another night if you enjoy it.

Edited by cwn

Thanks

I should have done a bit more research before asking the question.  I found the following on the Regent website.

Dining reservations may be reserved online beginning 75 days before your cruise sails, or 90 days for guests eligible for our Concierge Amenities, at 8pm Eastern US Time. To do so, please create an account via the My Account section of our website and access the Dining Reservations link for your cruise via your Booked Cruises.

Guests may pre-book one dinner reservation in each specialty restaurant prior to sailing, then subsequent reservations may be made on board, space dependent. Multiple pre-booked reservations in each restaurant are permitted only on Grand Voyages, with one reservation allotted per voyage segment. Guests may contact the Maître D' once onboard to request additional reservations, if available. Compass Rose and Sette Mari At La Veranda do not require reservations. 

I know you have to wait until you are on the ship to get any extra nights in the specialty restaurants but can you make those extra reservations the day you get on the ship or do you have to wait until after your original visit to a specialty restaurant to get another reservation?

19 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

I know you have to wait until you are on the ship to get any extra nights in the specialty restaurants but can you make those extra reservations the day you get on the ship or do you have to wait until after your original visit to a specialty restaurant to get another reservation?

Pre Covid we were able to make reservations qright away after boarding, but we generally take longer cruises. This past Dec Jan we took a string of 7-10 cruises and could not get any more reservations once on the ship. But we were able to get more nights by just showing up when the restaurant opened. Shorter the cruise the harder to get extra nights I think.

50 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

There is no need to wait until after your first reservation.

In our experience the Dining Reservations staff sometimes like to ensure that all guests have at least one reservation before opening up for further bookings; especially on shorter cruises.

We have often managed to secure an additional reservation for the first night on board, especially as we are always willing to share a table.

Flexibility is the key to securing additional reservations - day, time & size of table. As @cwn says it is easier on longer cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Sidney68 said:

First time with Regent and our reservation window opens on Sunday. What time do the shows usually commence please? Thank you 

930pm...unless there is an additional pre-dinner show which would be at 6pm.  Just keep an eye on Passages every day for details.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 1:51 AM, cwn said:

When you want to eat at Sette Mari go when they open as they are usually very popular.

I will be sailing on Regent Explorer next year, we were going this year but changed due to conflicting travel. My question is why is Sette Mari so popular and my husband and I prefer to eat late so 8pm and later, does this mean we are unlikely to get a chance to dine there?

3 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

I will be sailing on Regent Explorer next year, we were going this year but changed due to conflicting travel. My question is why is Sette Mari so popular and my husband and I prefer to eat late so 8pm and later, does this mean we are unlikely to get a chance to dine there?

Show up around 815-830.  By then the 'early birds' will be leaving.  That's been our experience, anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

Show up around 815-830.  By then the 'early birds' will be leaving.  That's been our experience, anyway.

This is what we did recently on Explorer. Just plan it for a night when you don’t care about going to the show. Works well and the staff is less harried and can focus on you as eventually the restaurant is only about one third full. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, labonnevie said:

This is what we did recently on Explorer. Just plan it for a night when you don’t care about going to the show. Works well and the staff is less harried and can focus on you as eventually the restaurant is only about one third full. 

And now for the next question: which night? Do you know the show schedule ahead of time? Which ones are the better ones? 

Edited by GMIAC

2 hours ago, frantic36 said:

You should be able to be seated if you like to eat later. Sometimes they will do a list so you can put your name in and go for a drink. Other times just first come first served. The 7 o’clock hour is just a prime time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseluv said:

If you’re on a voyage on Splendor  that’s 2 segments ( but you booked it under one reservation) , is it still only three pre booked reservations in the specialty restaurants? 

No. You’ll get three pre-booked reservations on the first segment and another set of reservations on the second segment for a total of six pre-booked reservations. You can’t pre-book a specialty restaurant more than once per segment. So, for example, you couldn’t pre-book Chartreuse once per segment, Pacific Rim twice in the first segment and Prime 7 twice in the second segment. 

Dave

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

If you’re on a voyage on Splendor  that’s 2 segments ( but you booked it under one reservation) , is it still only three pre booked reservations in the specialty restaurants? 

Just booked dining on the 14 night Med cruise on Splendor that is also sold as two 7 night segments. It let me book all 6 reservations (3 each week).

Edited by 2012_Alaska_bound
updated info

7 hours ago, DaveFr said:

No. You’ll get three pre-booked reservations on the first segment and another set of reservations on the second segment for a total of six pre-booked reservations. You can’t pre-book a specialty restaurant more than once per segment. So, for example, you couldn’t pre-book Chartreuse once per segment, Pacific Rim twice in the first segment and Prime 7 twice in the second segment. 

Dave

Thanks

1 hour ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Just booked dining on the 14 night Med cruise on Splendor that is also sold as two 7 night segments. It let me book all 6 reservations (3 each week).

Thanks. And you were able to do the 6 reservations on the first day the dinner reservations were available for booking ( ie 90 days prior to sail date)?

14 hours ago, GMIAC said:

And now for the next question: which night? Do you know the show schedule ahead of time? Which ones are the better ones? 

You’ll know the next night’s entertainment when you read the Passages before you go to bed. That should be enough time to decide whether you want to go to Sette Mari on any given night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

Thanks. And you were able to do the 6 reservations on the first day the dinner reservations were available for booking ( ie 90 days prior to sail date)?

Depends.  If b2b then you will have to book dining for each segment separately.  If it's a single cruise then you should be able to book all your dining at the same time.  We did that for a 22 night cruise in Oct. that we booked as a single cruise but also could be booked in 2 segments. 

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1