Dining reservations

I don't know if this has been addressed, but can I only reserve each specialty venue once in advance? Then any subsequent times upon embarkation? And does the apply to dinner and lunch reservations? 

3 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

I don't know if this has been addressed, but can I only reserve each specialty venue once in advance? Then any subsequent times upon embarkation? And does the apply to dinner and lunch reservations? 

Pre-cruise reservations is one per specialty restaurant per segment. Once onboard, other reservations can be made either through the dining reservations desk or your butler if you have one. Others have mentioned have good luck just stopping in at the restaurant day of to see if there are any openings. As far as making the online reservation, indicating you will share a table will usually open up more available times.

No reservations for lunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

You can only pre-book each specialty restaurant once per segment. Subsequent times are booked after the cruise begins. As far as I know, there are no lunch reservations. On the Explorer or Splendor, Chartreuse or Prime 7 do not require a reservation for lunch.

Dave

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GMIAC said:

We won't have a butler/concierge.

How fast do bookings fill up in advance? Do I have to be online right at my designated date/time?

If you want a table for 2 and are particular about what time you eat you may want to go online as soon as reservations open. If you are more flexible with the time and are open to shared tables it probably isn't as crucial. I always book on the first day when reservations open because we like to to for dinner between 6:30 and 7:00 though we are always open to share a table. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 5:06 PM, 1982CruzStart said:

If you want a table for 2 and are particular about what time you eat you may want to go online as soon as reservations open. If you are more flexible with the time and are open to shared tables it probably isn't as crucial. I always book on the first day when reservations open because we like to to for dinner between 6:30 and 7:00 though we are always open to share a table. 

I have just been on my account as reservations open at 8.00pm for my trip in November. I cannot see how we book them, does a customise button appear at the bottom like for the excursions? It’s 15 mins late unless it’s US time of course and I am just too keen 🫣🤣

4 minutes ago, Sidney68 said:

I have just been on my account as reservations open at 8.00pm for my trip in November. I cannot see how we book them, does a customise button appear at the bottom like for the excursions? It’s 15 mins late unless it’s US time of course and I am just too keen 🫣🤣

8pm Eastern (USA) time. Yes, a button shows up at the bottom, like for excursions.

15 hours ago, Sidney68 said:

Also you can access it under the "To Do List" on the right hand side.

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sidney68 said:

Good morning CC community! Just a quick update that in the next few weeks we're going to be moving the time that reservations open for shore excursions and dining reservations from 8pm EDT to 7am EDT, 13 hours earlier than they are now. We send out an email the day before advising of this change, so look for that message and double check you booking the evening before your reservations become available to avoid disappointment, and apologies for the inconvenience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Mike Moore said:

Good morning CC community! Just a quick update that in the next few weeks we're going to be moving the time that reservations open for shore excursions and dining reservations from 8pm EDT to 7am EDT, 13 hours earlier than they are now. We send out an email the day before advising of this change, so look for that message and double check you booking the evening before your reservations become available to avoid disappointment, and apologies for the inconvenience.

Just now, rcandkc said:
1 hour ago, Mike Moore said:

Expand  

I’m sorry to hear this. I liked 8pm ET. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

I’m sorry to hear this. I liked 8pm ET. 

Unfortunately 8pm ET would occasionally interfer with the time that our reservations system gets taken offline for maintenance. So for those cruises, guests would log-on eagerly anticipating being able to make their reservations, only to be told that they couldn't.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike Moore said:

Unfortunately 8pm ET would occasionally interfer with the time that our reservations system gets taken offline for maintenance. So for those cruises, guests would log-on eagerly anticipating being able to make their reservations, only to be told that they couldn't.  

Well, that wouldn’t be ideal. 

I suspect it depends to a certain extent which ship you are on. The newer ships have quite a few more seats in specialty restaurants and only a few more passengers. If you are flexible on dates and/or willing to share a table your odds improve. 

Our last cruise was on Voyager. We were able to get additional reservations in both P7 and Chartreuse later in the cruise. Both reservations were at 7:00, with shared tables. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GMIAC said:

How fast do prime (6:30-7:30) tables book up? If I don't have concierge/butler advantages am I SOL?

Very fast. You will probably have to be flexible with when you dine but you are likely to get later times. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rcandkc said:
4 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

Wow...😲  4AM for those of us in Arizona and on the West Coast!  I better set a second alarm clock!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

I for one think the new time sucks. That is 4 am for those of us on the west coast so we are definitely disadvantaged when booking.  You seriously couldn't find a better time than changing from 8 pm to 7 am EDT. 

As another west coast person, I am also inconvenienced, but we did get the benefit of midnight ET (my favorite) and 8pm ET (cocktail hour out here).

I think 5pm ET would be the best for most customers in the English speaking world: 2pm PT, 10pm UK, and 7am Sydney

Just sayin'

• Like 10