2nd Order of Steak/Lobster is an up-charge now!

KarmaCruisers

I guess all those people who don't want to pay extra for it will now have to circle back to the DR for another seating. 😉

Princess will now have to keep track of how many times a person eats in the DR.... any what items they consume. 😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Seacruise said:

How is it different? Not enough crew means a supply problem. If there isn't enough food then it means a supply problem.
The way to deal with it is through cutbacks such as less service or smaller portions or charge for an item.

My guess is this is not going away. There is no beef shortage.

Also - previously when they were cleaning rooms 1x a day, you still had a choice of 2x a day at no charge.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Seacruise said:

Something like going back to morning and evening Room Attendant service....😁

On a January 2022 Princess cruise we were asked if we wanted both morning and evening service.  We replied “morning only.”  We’ve had morning and evening steward service on 3 Princess cruises since March 2022 without being asked.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

On a January 2022 Princess cruise we were asked if we wanted both morning and evening service.  We replied “morning only.”  We’ve had morning and evening steward service on 3 Princess cruises since March 2022 without being asked.

Consider yourself lucky.
I have done 2 cruises in the past year and one that was 40 days. I had one choice and that was morning.
The room steward explained it like this, the number of cabins he now cleans went from 21 to 31 so there is no time for twice a day service.

1 hour ago, Seacruise said:

Consider yourself lucky.
I have done 2 cruises in the past year and one that was 40 days. I had one choice and that was morning.
The room steward explained it like this, the number of cabins he now cleans went from 21 to 31 so there is no time for twice a day service.

I'm assuming this wasn't Princess

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I guess all those people who don't want to pay extra for it will now have to circle back to the DR for another seating. 😉

Princess will now have to keep track of how many times a person eats in the DR.... any what items they consume. 😆

They already do - cabin number is provided when seated for dinner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vampiress said:

is it specifically steak and lobster or any 2nd main.  i have previously ordered something and not enjoyed it and asked for a second main

It’s only on Gala Night, and it’s specifically the “surf & turf” option. Anything else..fair game on ordering several portions.

One was with Princess and one was with HAL. Both had the same results.

We had morning and evening service without requesting it on the Enchanted in May.  Seems to be a bit hit and miss, which ship and which steward.

5 hours ago, Seacruise said:

Consider yourself lucky.

Consider yourself unlucky. In 7 Princess cruises after the restart from COVID, I've always received twice-a-day service by default.

• Like 3

I was on a Princess ship with only 400 passengers and they asked if I wanted evening turn down service or not.

I recently had my room steward get sick on my 11 night sailing. My service turned into morning only which wasn't a big deal as I was gone all day.

4 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

It’s only on Gala Night, and it’s specifically the “surf & turf” option. Anything else..fair game on ordering several portions.

For now. 

On 7/5/2023 at 2:47 PM, KarmaCruisers said:

Didn’t believe my eyes…tonight, in the MDR (Concerto on Regal Princess) it was Gala night..so I was looking forward to ordering the Steak&Lobster tail...to my shock; if I wanted a second order of it, I’d have to pay $10.

Now, as many of you know; if you like Lobster; the ONE they give you; is very small. LUCKILY my wife doesn’t eat seafood so she ordered the Steak&Lobster and gave me her lobster tail.

I know, before they did cut it back to; if you wanted a THIRD order, you’d have to pay..but a SECOND!?

Anyone else see this recently?

On 7/5/2023 at 2:57 PM, Steelers36 said:

If a guest orders steak and lobster, NP.

If a guest orders lobster, they only get one crummy tail??!!  That guest ought to be getting two tails since they aren't having the steak.  It's only fair IMO.

If memory serves me correctly, Crown Princess May23rd-June 2nd 2023. Gala night mains was Filet and Lobster, or 2 filets, or 2 lobster tails, specifically listed with quantity on the menu. I only remember it as I thought it odd the menu's actually listed the quantities of lobster and steak if you did not get the surf and turf version. Also being my first Princess cruise, I was pleasantly surprised that the surf and turf combo was there. On Celebrity and RCL I have always had to create my own by ordering both lobster and steak. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was May of 2022 and April 2023. I would consider either of these covid times.

Agree on the first date, but April 2023 was not what I would call "Covid times".  Where geographically do you mean?

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Agree on the first date, but April 2023 was not what I would call "Covid times".  Where geographically do you mean?

The second one was new Zealand to Vancouver. The first was San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale.

The second one was new Zealand to Vancouver. The first was San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale.

I believe I had lost sense in my mind as to the gist of several posts in a series of back and forth.  Nonetheless, April 2023 is hardly Covid times.  Ships and virtually all of society are operating normal.  Even our hospitals around here have dropped mask mandates as an example.  Covid is just going to be another respiratory infection floating around like colds, bronchitis, flu.  But, if you think it is still Covid times, so be it.  Not worth arguing about. 

38 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Nonetheless, April 2023 is hardly Covid times.  

OP’s April 2023 cruise was from New Zealand to Vancouver.  We were in New Zealand on a land tour the last week of March 2023 and I believe the country had only recently stopped requiring testing for those arriving by plane.  When we arrived the Christchurch airport had stacks of Covid tests in the customs area that were free to take with you.  When we boarded our cruise in Australia on April 2 all passengers were required to take a self administered Covid test within 24 hours of boarding and that government requirement is still in effect. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

OP’s April 2023 cruise was from New Zealand to Vancouver.  We were in New Zealand on a land tour the last week of March 2023 and I believe the country had only recently stopped requiring testing for those arriving by plane.  When we arrived the Christchurch airport had stacks of Covid tests in the customs area that were free to take with you.  When we boarded our cruise in Australia on April 2 all passengers were required to take a self administered Covid test within 24 hours of boarding and that government requirement is still in effect. 

There was a context I did not pick up on at first thru multiple posts.  Covid is not a "thing" really anymore here in N.A. - other than in isolated situations if I can use that word.  Around here, even our hospitals stopped requiring masks and MD office as well.  One wonders if it is still a a "thing" in Oz and NZ because they took such extreme measures at the outset that Covid never really "ran its course" there.  Yes, I am aware that a test is required (but pretty loose protocol for it), to get onto a ship although there are no particular entry requirements for land trip to Oz AFAIK from a brief check.