Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

3 hours ago, Teeara said:

Ouch!  Went to do a dummy booking on Allure and the prices weren't pretty.  

Ouch was exactly what I thought too !

Those standard 7 day  Oasis class sailings were  around £700 just a year or two ago 

Edited by sgmn

It's crazy they load them into the live booking system and make them bookable too.

You'd think in 2023 they'd be able to put them onto the system but make them only visible in the back end / require a promo code to view for internal staff or something.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

It's crazy they load them into the live booking system and make them bookable too.

You'd think in 2023 they'd be able to put them onto the system but make them only visible in the back end / require a promo code to view for internal staff or something.

LOL. At Royal Caribbean IT, it's always 2005.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Not sure it really matters if it's live or not.  The odds must be pretty astronomical that during the couple hours that they are live someone stumbles across the one itinerary on the ship and says OMG that is the exact itinerary I have been waiting a year for, and if by chance it is then Royal has a new booking, no harm done.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure it really matters if it's live or not.  The odds must be pretty astronomical that during the couple hours that they are live someone stumbles across the one itinerary on the ship and says OMG that is the exact itinerary I have been waiting a year for, and if by chance it is then Royal has a new booking, no harm done.

Plus you are only putting a deposit down.  If and when the price goes down, you can have that adjusted. Though that has not been happening much at all now.  😮 

I always book as early as possible to score desired cabins and locations.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Imagine paying that much for the non-amped Oasis-class ship. 

Admittedly I didn’t really look at the price & I have no idea what prices are like in Europe as a baseline. That said, I’m on that non-amped ship now & while I miss Playmakers & some newer features from a ship like Wonder, it’s still a great ship IMO.

Best Oasis class CL there is, no slide blocking the aft view (as mentioned), Sabor if you like it… Allure definitely has some positives depending on your loyalty level & personal preferences.

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

I always book as early as possible to score desired cabins and locations.

That is always the best plan, for those that know when they can travel.  Luckily with my wife being a teacher and kids in school I know exactly when we can and can't travel

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is always the best plan, for those that know when they can travel.  Luckily with my wife being a teacher and kids in school I know exactly when we can and can't travel

One of the best things about retiring from teaching was being able to cruise the shoulder season and repositioning itineraries.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Regardless of the slide, it desperately needs a refurbishment. That’s an Icon of the Seas price level! Crazy.

That was my thought exactly!  We really want to do the Allure WB TA in 2025.  Hopefully the prices are less than that for early bookers.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Rather it was from Amsterdam with a chance of more ports in Fjords. Seems like a lot of wasting time sailing that far from the Fjords.

It takes always one day at sea to reach Norway/the Fjords and to go back, does not matter if you sail from Southampton or Amsterdam/Rotterdam.

4 hours ago, little britain said:

I believe only Flam and Gereinger are on the heritage fjords list… carbon neutral ships only… can you recall the ports as it’s now vanished ! 

Only Fjord stop for Independence will be Olden plus Norwegian city calls like Stavanger, Haugesund, Kristiansand and Alesund. No Flam and Geiranger, maybe Hellesylt and Bergen but I don't think so.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

That was my thought exactly!  We really want to do the Allure WB TA in 2025.  Hopefully the prices are less than that for early bookers.

Teeara...which sailing of Allure were you pricing?  We just sailed her in September but booked it almost two years back the day it opened for booking and had a great price and a wonderful cruise.  I do agree with everyone that prices appear to be increasing faster than inflation.  I read somewhere that since 2019 cruise fares have increased 43% and I must agree with that assessment.  I too am looking for a transatlantic and would love to sail on the Allure again....price dependent.  Royal may price me out of the market.  I have looked at Holland and Celebrity and their pricing is skyrocketing as well.  It's crazy.